Ironic: It wasnt Branch, Givens, or Vinatieri we missed the most

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think any of us has enough fingers to point out who caused the

Pats to lose this game. When a team gives up 32 points in one half of a

football game, all the players and coaches bear the responsibility. I

do believe that our overall personnel losses the past two years were

a factor in this stunning loss.

The person that the Patriots missed the MOST was Rodney Harrison. At least with Harrison on the field, the Pats could have gone to a 3-3-5 Nickel formation and not lose much against the run. They could have also stayed with their base package and had Harrison cover the TE coming out of the backfield.

Couldn't agree more....excellent point.

I think they missed Dan Klecko more than all of those players. Combined.

Seriously, Weis is the Patriots' biggest loss. Pees has done as well (in fact, statistically better) as Romeo did with less. But Weis is an offensive genius, and McDaniels, while young and improving, isn't close to him yet.

Rodney's absence didn't help, either.

I think they missed Dan Klecko more than all of those players. Combined.

Seriously, Weis is the Patriots' biggest loss. Pees has done as well (in fact, statistically better) as Romeo did with less. But Weis is an offensive genius, and McDaniels, while young and improving, isn't close to him yet.

Rodney's absence didn't help, either.

I am not saying you are one of the OC bashers, but you cannot make a case that NE's D was "statistically better" than when Romeo was here and then turn around and say that Weis was a major loss.

NE's offense, statistically, was on par or above anything they did under Charlie.

I am not saying you are one of the OC bashers, but you cannot make a case that NE's D was "statistically better" than when Romeo was here and then turn around and say that Weis was a major loss.

NE's offense, statistically, was on par or above anything they did under Charlie.

I'm just saying it appears there's been little to no drop off from Romeo to Pees. On the other hand, there has clearly been something missing since Weis's departure. I'm willing to give McDaniels the benefit of the doubt, however, as he's still learning the ropes. There was only one offensive coordinator I'd rather have had anyways, and that was Mike Martz.

So we can all thank Bobby Wade for this ****ty feeling?

Agreed. But also these: Kevin Faulk, Patrick Pass, and Ty Law.

For all the people lost, had Faulk not been injured in the 3rd quarter NE wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST