PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

INteresting Tibits from The Sporting News

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah there is no need to type this that big. Just type a normal size so you don't take up so much space.. It is annoying when you try to read the thread.

I know you are trying to get as much attention as possible and be the "edgy" and "outspoken" pats fan , but next time please type it smaller.

thanks...

(you can see how annoying it is by looking at my post quoting yours.)

I didn't know you were a moderator. Good for you.:rofl: I hope you learn to practice what you preach, but that will never happen. Sign Johnson & Thomas Please. BTW do you need to be taught how to use the ignore list?

If the Pats signed those two AND drafted an ILB and OLB in the draft, then this defense would be well on its way to being over-hauled.

Not to mention that we would have a pretty nasty LB corps. Brushci, Vrabel, Colvin, Thomas, Johnson, Alexander???, Junior???, Rookie???, Gardner???, Mays???, Woods???.

I would try to resign Junior for depth.

Not to mention that we would have a pretty nasty LB corps. Brushci, Vrabel, Colvin, Thomas, Johnson, Alexander???, Junior???, Rookie???, Gardner???, Mays???, Woods???.

I would try to resign Junior for depth.

The problem with signing guys like Thomas and Seau is that it really doesn't help us get any younger...

The problem with signing guys like Thomas and Seau is that it really doesn't help us get any younger...

Huh? What are you talking about? Thomas is 29 years old and in or close to his prime.

Huh? What are you talking about? Thomas is 29 years old and in or close to his prime.

He'll be 30 in August. That doesn't help us get younger at a position where we desperately need more athleticism. I think signing him to a fat contract when, in all likelihood, he'll be slowing down soon might not be the wisest of ideas.

Last edited:
I personally feel other NFL franchises with greater salary cap room will outbid the New England Patriots for Adalius Thomas. San Francisco will probably make a strong run for Adalius Thomas considering Mike Nolan's past history with the Baltimore Ravens along with personnel losses of Andre Carter and Julian Peterson in 2006.

He'll be 30 in August. That doesn't help us get younger at a position where we desperately need more athleticism. I think signing him to a fat contract when, in all likelihood, he'll be slowing down soon might not be the wisest of ideas.

It would seem to me that you are talking out your arse here. No one mentioned signing Thomas to a "FAT CONTRACT." However, Thomas is a huge upgrade over TBC, the same age as Colvin and, with his speed, could easily been the same way 4 years from now.

It would seem to me that you are talking out your arse here. No one mentioned signing Thomas to a "FAT CONTRACT." However, Thomas is a huge upgrade over TBC, the same age as Colvin and, with his speed, could easily been the same way 4 years from now.

Coming from you, this is especially rich considering your "insight" in the Samuel/franchise thread.

No, I'm sure in a year that when nearly every team has a ton of cap room we will be able to get him for a deal!

Obviously he's an upgrade over TBC. (How'd you manage to come to that conclusion?) Of course, the smartest plan would probably be to move Vrabel back to OLB (where he is best suited) and sign someone like Jarret Johnson or Scott Shanle to play ILB.

Yeah, Thomas could be the same four years from now. Or he could be like another Bruschi. Seems like more risk than he's worth, IMO.

Last edited:
Coming from you, this is especially rich considering your "insight" in the Samuel/franchise thread.

No, I'm sure in a year that when nearly every team has a ton of cap room we will be able to get him for a deal!

Obviously he's an upgrade over TBC. (How'd you manage to come to that conclusion?) Of course, the smartest plan would probably be to move Vrabel back to OLB (where he is best suited) and sign someone like Jarret Johnson or Scott Shanle to play ILB.

Yeah, Thomas could be the same four years from now. Or he could be like another Bruschi. Seems like more risk than he's worth, IMO.

I won't be as blunt as DaBruinz, but dude, you are pretty far off. Accorrding to your theory we would have never gotten Rodney Harrison, Roman Phifer, Cory Dillon, Troy Brown, Jr Seau, Artrel Hawkins, etc... Thomas is a stud. There is nothing wrong with wanting to win the SB next year instead of waiting four years.

You also may not have a grasp upon the way BB runs his 3-4 defense. When is the last time you saw a young guy some in and be instantly productive in the 3-4? Getting younger does not mean getting more experience. It usually means losing experience.

Besides all this, you can say we need to get younger but what is your fix for this? What young LBs are you suggesting? What young LBs could come in and instantly impact the most complicated defensive system in the NFL?

I won't be as blunt as DaBruinz, but dude, you are pretty far off. Accorrding to your theory we would have never gotten Rodney Harrison, Roman Phifer, Cory Dillon, Troy Brown, Jr Seau, Artrel Hawkins, etc... Thomas is a stud. There is nothing wrong with wanting to win the SB next year instead of waiting four years.

Do you not recognize the gaping holes in this logic?

You also may not have a grasp upon the way BB runs his 3-4 defense. When is the last time you saw a young guy some in and be instantly productive in the 3-4? Getting younger does not mean getting more experience. It usually means losing experience.

Again, age is only one factor. Obviously, I wouldn't be upset if they sign Thomas. I think it's extremely unlikely because ILB is a MUCH bigger liability right now than OLB.

Last edited:

Yes I recognized the holes. That is the logic you used!!! I am pointing out your gaping holes. It is your logic you posted.

Again, age is only one factor. Obviously, I wouldn't be upset if they sign Thomas. I think it's extremely unlikely because ILB is a MUCH bigger liability right now than OLB.

Well that is great but you still didn't answer the question. Why? You throw a huge claim out there that "We need to get younger" and then give no way to do it. Now you back off and say you like Thomas when you just criticized hime or being to old.

If ILB is the bigger priority right now, Who is going to play OLB next season? Vrabel is only one guy. According to your logic of Vrabel is too old anyway.

What is your fix to getting younger? Please unroll your plan.

Yes I recognized the holes. That is the logic you used!!! I am pointing out your gaping holes. It is your logic you posted.

Now you're just projecting.

Well that is great but you still didn't answer the question. Why? You throw a huge claim out there that "We need to get younger" and then give no way to do it. Now you back off and say you like Thomas when you just criticized hime or being to old.

If ILB is the bigger priority right now, Who is going to play OLB next season? Vrabel is only one guy. According to your logic of Vrabel is too old anyway.

What is your fix to getting younger? Please unroll your plan.

Sigh. If you would, please, stop putting words in my mouth. Did you forget Colvin was on the team?

In case you missed it, previously (in this thread):

Last edited:
Now you're just projecting.

Yes I am projecting the logic you use.

Sigh. If you would, please, stop putting words in my mouth. Did you forget Colvin was on the team?

Did you know that Colvin only plays on one side of the ball? Get this, in a 3-4 defense there are two outside LBs.

What is your freaking plan to get younger? This is the 3rd time it has been asked. Why won't you answer it? If you make a statement, how about you back it up?

Yes I am projecting the logic you use.

Nice attempt at being witty, but unfortunately that doesn't make sense.

Did you know that Colvin only plays on one side of the ball? Get this, in a 3-4 defense there are two outside LBs.

You really have no place being condescending in this discussion.

What is your freaking plan to get younger? This is the 3rd time it has been asked. Why won't you answer it? If you make a statement, how about you back it up?

Last edited:
Nice attempt at being witty, but unfortunately that doesn't make sense. You really have no play being condescending in this discussion.

Hey DaBruinz, I totally apologize. I was dead wrong in not being as bold as you. This guy is blowing smoke out his arse. He can't talk about football.

Why is it that he thinks if we sign one single guy at ILB we have all of a sudden become younger? Is it average age? Maybe we could get sign a 12 year old girl. That would drive our average way down and give us diversity as well.

Hey DaBruinz, I totally apologize. I was dead wrong in not being as bold as you. This guy is blowing smoke out his arse. He can't talk about football.

Ad hominems are a sure sign you've lost the argument.

Why is it that he thinks if we sign one single guy at ILB we have all of a sudden become younger? Is it average age? Maybe we could get sign a 12 year old girl. That would drive our average way down and give us diversity as well.

This might be my vote for the most unintentionally hilarious post I have seen in some time. And, again, you're putting words in my mouth.

Last edited:
I don't think that we will go after both. Johnson appears to be the player who BB & staff can mold into a solid starter. Plus he'll be a lot cheaper than Thomas.

Besides this is the first year in a long, long, time that we didn't have a Johnson. We need to get our Johnson back.

This is the concept you DON'T get. Thomas CAN be an ILB for the Pats. When I caught one of the Ravens games, the announcers had a startling statistic about Thomas. During his tenure with the Ravens, he has lined up at ALL 11 positions on DEFENSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes