PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting - Ryan meet with Revis | Revis Deal Done

TheJetsStream Rex Ryan on @Revis24 return today: "There was an energy in the building, in our team" because DR was back.
1 minute ago via web

RalphCindrich Supreme Athlete but if so I go at him hard, early, often & win Rt @BobGlauber Rex for Revis Mon night: I don't see him coming off the field.
1 minute ago via web

TheJetsStream Last night, Rex's frustrations boiled over during contract talks.Threw "tantrum" that was "directed at everybody" b/cse deal so close
2 minutes ago via web

TheJetsStream Rex Ryan admitted that he drove to Revis' house in NJ in past week when he heard rumor DR might be in town. But DR wasn't home :eek:
4 minutes ago via web

michaelombardi @RichCimini we know who is running that team...
10 minutes ago via web

You can't make this crap up... The JETS aren't a football franchise they're a reality TV franchise.

You can't make this crap up... The JETS aren't a football franchise they're a reality TV franchise.
At least Mangini waddled out of town with his tail between his legs.
The end of Rex is going to be volatile and entertaining.
I can't wait for the 9 post lost press conferences Rex will have this year, and God please let him stay another year so we can even more next year.

I can't wait for the 9 post lost press conferences Rex will have this year, and God please let him stay another year so we can even more next year.

Like Mora Sr. only ugly...

When the Jets fail this year, the NYC Media machine will destroy him. First they will go after his weight issue, then his coaching style, then something more personal issues. Soon enough he will be in the National Enquirer front page.

Shall be fun to watch...

When the Jets fail this year, the NYC Media machine will destroy him. First they will go after his weight issue, then his coaching style, then something more personal issues. Soon enough he will be in the National Enquirer front page.

Shall be fun to watch...
Oh, it will be brutal. He has set himself up to be ripped to shreds.
I have no doubt he leaves NJ a laughng stock.
Perhaps the funniest part will be 2014 when the SB is in the Meadowlands and they bring back the quotes of former Jest HC saying how he expects to be in it.

...is that why Cromartie had his best season, by far, the year after Marty left? :ugh:

Marty was fired after the 2006 season and the only year Cromartie was good was 2007. So clearly it was all Marty. Jets fan math clearly states that 2006 comes after 2007.

BradyFTW! said:
That's pretty much my take on it: they paid a lot, probably overpaid in the traditional sense, but he's a market-setting talent anyways, so whatever. Makes it near-impossible for them to keep good depth around, but that's not their philosophy anyways.

That's completely incorrect and a common misconception of the I'll-informed. Revis's contract while high is no prohibitively expensive to the point the depth suffers.

The drafting philosophy of the jets of late has been to get the few guys they really like then suppliment with free agents.

This had worked out very well and we have solid depth at wr, ol, lb, te, and now cb. Are there concerns about depth on the jets absolutely, but there are on any team.

The jets and pats have completely different philosophies from management to coaching to personnel, but it doesn't mean the pats have the "right" way and the jets are wrong.

The pats have obviously had more success but they also have more stability at the coach and qb. I'm not dissing the pats just trying to defend the jets.

That's completely incorrect and a common misconception of the I'll-informed. Revis's contract while high is no prohibitively expensive to the point the depth suffers.

The drafting philosophy of the jets of late has been to get the few guys they really like then suppliment with free agents.

This had worked out very well and we have solid depth at wr, ol, lb, te, and now cb. Are there concerns about depth on the jets absolutely, but there are on any team.

The jets and pats have completely different philosophies from management to coaching to personnel, but it doesn't mean the pats have the "right" way and the jets are wrong.

The pats have obviously had more success but they also have more stability at the coach and qb. I'm not dissing the pats just trying to defend the jets.

Anytime you pay someone a market-setting amount, it complicates to your ability to field talent down the depth chart. That's a simple fact, and pretty much beyond dispute. The Jets' second and third strings are already crap, and committing even more money to the first stringers won't make them any better. As I already noted, though, Rex Ryan was pretty clear on the Jets' philosophy: get the best 1s you can, and they'd better stay healthy. That's why, with Richardson and Coles gone, I think they only have one backup making above the minimum (in hard knocks he said 3, including those two).

To his credit, it's worked well enough, just liked it's worked for the Colts. It's not necessarily a diss to point out that that's a team's philosophy, when some of the recent past's best teams have used it to great effect.

BTW you have decent WR depth, but you go 1 deep at TE, you have below-average depth at CB (especially considering that Cro has a bad hip that is already acting up on him), and no depth at all at LB and OL. The Jets haven't had a starter miss a game on the offensive line in 3 years; that's a historic run of luck, and it will end, but for now it's just impossible to claim that the Jets have depth there because the backups haven't had to play. Maybe they do, maybe they don't, but we just won't know until they start having to take the field.

Last edited:
Prediction: Mainejet will ignore any statements he was proven wrong on and instead quote & respond to something else.

One of the oldest tricks in the trolling book.

Last edited:

Suspended receivers don't count!

Your OL has rookies on it; who haven't shown much in preseason (yes i know it is only preseason, but if you have great depth, why weren't the depth players starting in preseason)

And your 2nd TE is Hartstock, whose career stats are 28 recs - 275 yards - 1 TD, at first I thought that wasn't too bad for a 2nd, but then realised he has been in the league since 2004! He has averaged around 45 yards a season! And last year, his first with the Jest, he had his 1st TD, yet that was his only reception all year! Great depth ;)

Last edited:
Calciumee said:
Suspended receivers don't count!

Your OL has rookies on it; who haven't shown much in preseason (yes i know it is only preseason, but if you have great depth, why weren't the depth players starting in preseason)

And your 2nd TE is Hartstock, whose career stats are 28 recs - 275 yards - 1 TD, at first I thought that wasn't too bad for a 2nd, but then realised he has been in the league since 2004! He has averaged around 45 yards a season! Great depth ;)

Hartsock is a pure blocking te, as is mulligan, but both can catch when they have to. Keller is showing promise, and Cumberland is a young guy who shows promise as a catching threat.

The ol depth is at the other positions. Our lg is a concern right now in pads protection. They have been good so far in run blocking. Well see if slausen steps it up during the regular season.

Also the revis deal is not a market setting contract. It was well within the already established market for top flight CBS. 11mil per is top 3 this position, which is what he deserves. He's making less then champ and aso.

Hartsock is a pure blocking te, as is mulligan, but both can catch when they have to. Keller is showing promise, and Cumberland is a young guy who shows promise as a catching threat.

So if Keller was to go down injured, can the pure blocking TE take his passing snaps? Doesn't seem it! So not great depth!

And your 2nd TE is Hartstock, whose career stats are 28 recs - 275 yards - 1 TD, at first I thought that wasn't too bad for a 2nd, but then realised he has been in the league since 2004! He has averaged around 45 yards a season! And last year, his first with the Jest, he had his 1st TD, yet that was his only reception all year! Great depth ;)

The fact that this passes for quality depth in Jets land kinda makes my case for me.

The fact that this passes for quality depth in Jets land kinda makes my case for me.

Thank you! And the posters point that he is a pure blocking TE further proves it :)

The ol depth is at the other positions. Our lg is a concern right now in pads protection. They have been good so far in run blocking. Well see if slausen steps it up during the regular season.

Also the revis deal is not a market setting contract. It was well within the already established market for top flight CBS. 11mil per is top 3 this position, which is what he deserves. He's making less then champ and aso.

My problem with Keller is that people have been talking about him as emerging to be be an elite TE for a few years. Every year, he shows flashes of spectacular play, but ultimately never puts it together. He may be the Jets' version of Ben Watson. Their numbers in their first two years of starting are pretty similiar. In fairness to Keller, he has never had a good QB throwing to him.

As for depth, I don't see any TE on their roster to replace Keller in the lead TE role if Keller went down. I don't think that is great depth.

Last edited:
Calciumee said:
So if Keller was to go down injured, can the pure blocking TE take his passing snaps? Doesn't seem it! So not great depth!

That's what Cumberland is for. Cumberland is almost a carbon copy of Keller, can catch but can't block for poo. Obviosly not as good as Keller but hopefully serviceable. I know the jets don't have 3 stud rookie TEs but the depth, for the jets doesn't seem to be a concern for me.

I would like another rb, but I feel rbs are a dime a dozen, with few exceptions like cj and AP, or a young LT. If greene goes down it will hurt but i think it's not the end of the world.

So you have young guys who you think might work out. By that standard, every time in the league is pretty stacked at every position.

What other positions? They don't have depth at guard, tackle, or center. Neither do the Pats, but at least we acknowledge it as a weakness.

$32M guaranteed is not well within the established market. Either way, though, he's worth it- most valuable defensive player in the NFL, without a doubt.

Last edited:
Rob0729 said:
My problem with Keller is that people have been talking about him as emerging to be be an elite TE for a few years. Every year, he shows flashes of spectacular play, but ultimately never puts it together. He may be the Jets' version of Ben Watson. Their numbers in their first two years of starting are pretty similiar. In fairness to Keller, he has never had a good QB throwing to him.

As for depth, I don't see any TE on their roster to replace Keller in the lead TE role if Keller went down. I don't think that is great depth.

I've never said Keller was a world beater. He's just the biggest pass catching threat. 4 Te, two blocking to catching seems ok to me.

confirmed ... it was T-Rex, Woody, and they brought a priest ... Father Pat Me Groin to help.

I've never said Keller was a world beater. He's just the biggest pass catching threat. 4 Te, two blocking to catching seems ok to me.

I don't know if that you have four TEs on the roster that it neccessarily means it is good depth though. I only watched a little bit of the Jets' preseason games beyond the starters, but I can't remember seeing any TE standing out either in catching or blocking, but I admit I wasn't payimg much attention to the back ups.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back