PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting offseason cuts around the league thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps it helps their cap situation??

I'm not disputing that he isn't a #1; I really don't know. Don't follow Carolina closely so I have no idea what their cap/depth situation is.

I'm hoping the Giants might put someone like Jake Ballard on waivers.

Yeah, I know it's a long shot, but we could actually use another starting caliber TE given past injury woes at the position.

They'd be crazy to try to sneak him through waivers though. Not going to happen. ;)

Boy if it werent for the winking simile at the end I wouldve thought you were serious. :eek::singing:

According to Bedard the Bears have terminated the contract of Johnny Knox. Interesting speed guy.

That's probably a health status situation. Knox is the guy who had his back bent and then didn't play all last season.

That's probably a health status situation. Knox is the guy who had his back bent and then didn't play all last season.

If Knox ever plays another snap in the NFL I'll be surprised.

Considering the Bears could have just tolled the final season of his 5th round rookie contract and kept their options open, I doubt they believe he's making any kind of comeback.

These are the guys I always feel for the most. They get little up front to account for the potential damage they sustain in just a few seasons.

Bears officially terminated the contract of WR Johnny Knox.
Knox missed the entire 2012 season thanks to fractured vertebrae, raising the possibility that his rookie deal would be extended by one year. It's not happening. The Bears are simply moving on, a sign that Knox still hasn't regained the raw speed and athleticism that made him such an intriguing deep threat and kick return prospect. He'll have to prove his health before latching on elsewhere. The spinal fusion surgery Knox underwent roughly 14 months ago has put his career in serious jeopardy.

Devin Hester may talk his way into being cut. Yes, he's redundant with Demps as a KR and not an outside receiver. But WR screens? :eek:

Panthers expected to dump LCB Chris Gamble

Might be worth a gamble on this veteran who is still a solid cover corner

EDIT: Saw this posted earlier...still an interesting prospect

If he's #1 caliber, why is Carolina letting him walk?

Cap reasons, and I admittedly don't know much about him. I just looked up his madden rating and it said 90 overall :D

Panthers expected to dump LCB Chris Gamble

Might be worth a gamble on this veteran who is still a solid cover corner

EDIT: Saw this posted earlier...still an interesting prospect

One of the most underrated corners in the league. I'm still not sure if the pun in the second sentence was intended or by accident.

Gamble hitting the market means only good things for the Pats. if they want to keep Talib then there is another #1 CB who will take up some other team's cap space.

If they want to pass on Talib and pick up another Talented CB then there is now another one on the market for them to pick up or once again take up another CB needy team's Cap space.

I am really intreagued to see what tha pats do this offseason and where they think their deficiencies lie.

My bet would be CB and DT

Last seasons's numbers:

Pass Offense - 291.4 ypg (4th)
Total Offense - 427.9 ypg (1st)
Rush Defense - 101.9 ypg (9th)
Pass Defense - 271.4 ypg (29th)

The numbers area clear, but if you need a calculator to understand that we need Cornerbacks and Safeties (Talib, G. Wilson, L. Landry, etc), call me and I'll send you one.

Signing Gamble/Grimes/Talib to go along with Dennard while drafting either one of Vaccarro or Elam (I prefer Elam, obviously) early and either re-signing Arrington or drafting Mathieu late would give us quite a secondary.

agreed with that statement right there im a big fan of elam as well but we could go the other way and get someone like kenny philips and then draft Banks or Trufant itll be very interesting this offseason

Signing Gamble/Grimes/Talib to go along with Dennard while drafting either one of Vaccarro or Elam (I prefer Elam, obviously) early and either re-signing Arrington or drafting Mathieu late would give us quite a secondary.

That would be freaking awesome man. Grimes might be a bit of a stretch. Maybe not though.

agreed with that statement right there im a big fan of elam as well but we could go the other way and get someone like kenny philips and then draft Banks or Trufant itll be very interesting this offseason

Yes that could work too. I'd rather see the scenario that you propose.

It's my opinion that the play of the safeties really have a lot to do with the secondary as a whole, possibly more than people give credit to.

I'd rather have 2 top notch safeties with 2 up and coming CBs, partly due to the reason above, and partly due to the cost of each position as far as experienced players go in FA.

Gamble hitting the market means only good things for the Pats. if they want to keep Talib then there is another #1 CB who will take up some other team's cap space.

If they want to pass on Talib and pick up another Talented CB then there is now another one on the market for them to pick up or once again take up another CB needy team's Cap space.

I am really intreagued to see what tha pats do this offseason and where they think their deficiencies lie.

My bet would be CB and DT

Never bet on anything Belichick

Wouldn't surprise me to see him seek TE & RB :cool:

CSN Bay Area expects Raiders RG Mike Brisiel to be released.

Devin Hester may talk his way into being cut. Yes, he's redundant with Demps as a KR and not an outside receiver. But WR screens? :eek:

I'd rather not overpay on a #4 WR who will get 2 plays called for him a game. Even as he's become a tad bit overrated as kick returner lately, he'd obviously be a boost to ours, but not at the price he's going to ask. Same deal with Cribbs a couple seasons ago (2010?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes