PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting offseason cuts around the league thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats0204 or Deus, are you guys familiar with George Wilson's play? Would he be an upgrade over Gregory?

I would be an upgrade over Gregory. :)

In all seriousness, he's not bad. 31 years old, former undrafted out of Arkansas I believe. Good solid veteran; good size 6-0 210ish. That's all I know about him. I believe he was a team captain on the Bills.

I want George Wilson. He's not flashy, but he's a more reliable player than Gregory. He's also had some good games against the Pats over the years. I'd gladly cut Gregory in order to roll with a McCourty, Wilson, and Wilson trio at safety. He's not worth the $2.9M he was due, but makes a ton of sense for somewhere between vet min and $1.5M a year.

Pats0204 or Deus, are you guys familiar with George Wilson's play? Would he be an upgrade over Gregory?

He'll be 32 by the start of the season. His skills seem to be in rapid decline if you rate him based upon his poor play last season. He's a team captain.

He's the type of player that BB signs in the offseason and then cuts before the season starts.

He'll be 32 by the start of the season. His skills seem to be in rapid decline if you rate him based upon his poor play last season. He's a team captain.

He's the type of player that BB signs in the offseason and then cuts before the season starts.

lol true. John Lynch and Tory Holt signing. Like Sciz says though, if he can bring some leadership and even slightly better play than mediocre Gregory at vet min, it's worth looking into.

lol true. John Lynch and Tory Holt signing. Like Sciz says though, if he can bring some leadership and even slightly better play than mediocre Gregory at vet min, it's worth looking into.

If aging, declining, defensive players are what you're looking for, keep watching the Bills. Guys like McGee and Kelsay are probably going to be getting the axe too. And we know how much BB loves this guys as camp signings...

If aging, declining, defensive players are what you're looking for, keep watching the Bills. Guys like McGee and Kelsay are probably going to be getting the axe too. And we know how much BB loves this guys as camp signings...

...and Mark Anderson too.

I'm hoping the Giants might put someone like Jake Ballard on waivers.

Yeah, I know it's a long shot, but we could actually use another starting caliber TE given past injury woes at the position.

They'd be crazy to try to sneak him through waivers though. Not going to happen. ;)

George Wilson would be a solid addition to the Pat's DB's. He may not be in his prime anymore but he's a contributor, he plays hard, and has the respect of other players. If he came inexpensively, and he might after years of losing in Buffalo and now wanting to win something, anything, Wilson would be a good counter balance to Talib's wobbly attitude. Should the Pats part ways with Talib, then Wilson would a good tutor for Tavon Wilson and McCourty.

It's not too much to imagine George Wilson might come up with a monster season with the Pats if he suddenly sniffed success and maybe his only chance at being a champion. He's the right kind of guy to take a chance on.

Ah, yes ... I know just what you mean. :)

Hey can still cover. Had 5 PDF and 73 tackles. 10 against the Pats in the first game. Yes I would take him.
DW Toys

League sources expect new Panthers GM Dave Gettleman's "first major move" to be releasing LCB Chris Gamble.
Gamble has been considered as good as gone amongst the Carolina media, but this is the first report to be linked back to the Panthers' front office.

League sources expect new Panthers GM Dave Gettleman's "first major move" to be releasing LCB Chris Gamble.
Gamble has been considered as good as gone amongst the Carolina media, but this is the first report to be linked back to the Panthers' front office.

Sweet, another #1 caliber CB to added to the market.

Productive Safety George Wilson released by Bills

Can we please sign him, along with Talib. Than all we need to sign is one more CB, Welker, Vollmer and Woodhead and maybe one more WR and we win a superbowl. Throw in one more mobile LB in there like Barnett who was also released by the bills and the team is set. :rocker:

Re: Productive Safety George Wilson released by Bills

Laron Landry another excellent safety that is worth pursuing, because Bill I'm sure you know that we can't keep experimenting all these no makers and late round rookies on tge secondary anymore, we've been getting burned there ever since Samuels or maybe even Hobbs left... Teams are just throwing the long ball in the air with a high chance it's just going to get caught by their receivers.

Our secondary is the laughing stock of the league over the past 5 years. You can't depend on the dl's to rush the qb all the time, you need to fix this damn half ass crap ass secondary let's go already.. Sign some guys in the back... If this team had a decent to good secondary we'd have won another 2 bowls.

Re: Productive Safety George Wilson released by Bills

And please no Ed Reed, can't picture him in a Patriots uniform...

We also need a real kick returner...

According to Bedard the Bears have terminated the contract of Johnny Knox. Interesting speed guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News