Interesting fact about T-Sizzle - 0 sacks in the last six games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I just saw this article from the Baltimore Sun:

Suggs' understated and reluctant sessions with the media have been season-long occurrences for a player who used to fill reporter's notebooks and willingly provide bulletin board material for the opposition. However, his relative silence on the field has been a much more recent trend.

After getting nine sacks over his first eight games and emerging as an early NFL Defensive Player of the Year candidate, the veteran rush linebacker has gone six straight games without a sack. That's his longest stretch without a quarterback takedown since 2006.

Suggs, a five-time Pro Bowl selection and the franchise's second all-time leading tackler, takes pride in being an all-around linebacker but in four of his past five games, he has two tackles or fewer. In the Ravens' 18-16 victory over the Detroit Lions on Monday, Suggs played 47 of 65 defensive snaps and he didn't register a single tackle or quarterback hit. It was just the second time since his rookie season in 2003 where he didn't have so much as a tackle in a game.

His failure to set the edge on the Lions' first drive factored heavily in Reggie Bush's 14-yard touchdown run and was the latest example of teams taking advantage of Suggs crashing inside against the run.

Read more: Terrell Suggs taking quiet, measured approach to Patriots this week - baltimoresun.com

In fact, between him and Dummervil, they have one sack total between the two of them during their four game winning streak. They have a combined 18.5 sacks and only one in the last four games. Weird that as their team is winning, they are becoming more quiet in their sack production.

I have seen Dumervil still be fairly disruptive at times without getting to the QB in recent weeks, but I wonder if Suggs is starting to hit that age wall. He is only 31, but is in his 11th season. Unless he is injured and not letting on, it is usually age that causes such a dramatic drop in production late in the year for a player with over a decade of experience.

Brady to get sacked 4+ times this week.

This is the ultimate jinx thread.

This is so going to get bumped sunday night after Suggs gets like 3 sacks going against Mankins, Wendell, and scrubs

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it a jinx thread. Just thought it was weird.

Besides, with all the posts about how great the Ravens are and how they are going to kill the Pats, I figured I would balance it out with some info on how they may not be as good as people seem to think.

Suggs is amazing. I don't know how the Patriots will stop him off the edge. He just has the Patriots number and will make a lot of plays on Sunday. Not looking forward to the amazing game he's going to have against NE's o-line.

[/reversejinx]

This is so going to get bumped sunday night after Suggs gets like 3 sacks going against Mankins, Wendell, and scrubs

If Suggs gets a sack against Wendell, I would be shocked. Not that Wendell is not prone to give up a sack, but why would a center give up a sack to an OLB. I don't think Suggs rushes from the inside all that much if at all.

So does ravens fans bringing up the fact that Brady has 8 TD and 10 INT against them mean Brady is going to throw for 4-5 TD and no INT?

So does ravens fans bringing up the fact that Brady has 8 TD and 10 INT against them mean Brady is going to throw for 4-5 TD and no INT?

Maybe, go make an account over on their forums and see if it works.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it a jinx thread. Just thought it was weird.

Besides, with all the posts about how great the Ravens are and how they are going to kill the Pats, I figured I would balance it out with some info on how they may not be as good as people seem to think.

You didn't jinx anything. Old horse face has sucked for a few weeks and there's not an inconsiderable amount of angst in rat-bird land that he may have a leg or hip injury since he's been missing tackles and not showing the usual explosiveness to the ball.

Josh McDaniels should call some running plays for LeGarette Blount to get up a head of steam behind Logan Mankins to run straight at Suggs to remind him to keep his yap shut.

Here's another intereresting fact about Suggs: he is a ******* dope.

Dumervil hasn't had a sack in two games, either. I'm not worried about their edge rushers as much as I'm worried about their DT's. Ngata is probably going to *****-make Wendell like most DT's the Pats faced have this year, particularly if Mankins is lining up at LT and Kline is at LG. Brady is going to need to get the ball out in a hurry.

I predict that Suggs will eat Brady.

Brady to get sacked 4+ times this week.

My thoughts exactly!! No jinx, no jinx, no jinx!!

Yeah, I got the same feeling seeing this thread title that I got when Nantz said last Sunday, "And here's Steven Gostkowski, who has made 22 consecutive field goals .."

Yeah, I got the same feeling seeing this thread title that I got when Nantz said last Sunday, "And here's Steven Gostkowski, who has made 22 consecutive field goals .."

I'm not a believer of karma but that's always the kiss of death for a kicker.

I predict that Suggs will eat Brady.

I'll donate 1500 of my posts to anybody that can photoshop a picture of a horse eating a carrot with Suggs' face on the horse and Brady's face on the carrot.

With our garbage o-line that can easily change

I'll donate 1500 of my posts to anybody that can photoshop a picture of a horse eating a carrot with Suggs' face on the horse and Brady's face on the carrot.

What if it's not Brady's face?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes