PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Injury Report: Haynesworth, Two Others Downgraded to Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: No Haynesworth or Price for tom...

So Chad Ochocinco has played in 31 of the 151 offensive snaps so far this season but Taylor Price was going to bust into the starting lineup in the first 2 weeks?

Is it at all possible that he could play if needed but he's simply not needed right now?

Talk about an extreme overreaction.

Are you people for real? The guy played in one of the most archaic offenses in college football. His main role in college was blocking, for ***** sake.

Everybody knew he was a project when he was drafted. What you have to understand is that Edelman and Slater will ALWAYS be active, because of their special teams roles. That means Price has to beat out one of Welker, Branch or Ocho. Yeah, he hasn't done that yet, but to say he's approaching bust status is ridiculous (can a late third round pick even 'bust', anyway?).

Price has also been dealing with injuries, which is something his detractors like to forget. (and please don't even bother with the 'he's not injured, the Patriots injury report doesn't mean anything!' routine, because you have absolutely no idea in this case).

Last edited:

I have this sneaky suspicion that they might be saving him for the Jets game. Could be wrong, could be right. Who knows.
I'm rooting for this kid....main reason is b/c he is from the town I currently reside in.

Hernandez back by the Jets game will be like Christmas in October.

By: Derek Havens

On Saturday evening the Patriots announced three additional players have been downgraded to out. Albert Haynesworth, Patrick Chung and Taylor Price all will not play on Sunday in Buffalo. ...

Well this sucks! I sure hope we can pull a win out of this.

Special teams excellence has earned Slater his job....we Kept Kelly Washington for a few years,not because of his WR skills,but superb ST leadership.

In 2007, at least, I don't recall Washington even getting a single pass thrown his way all season.

In 2007, at least, I don't recall Washington even getting a single pass thrown his way all season.

I think he caught one pass in all his time here IIAC

Price is the team's WR5 or WR6, depending upon whether Slater is catching passes only because he's already in on special teams or because he's legitimately in front of Price on the WR depth chart. That being the case, he's a likely inactive on any given week. Hernandez being out this week opened the theoretical possibility that the team would activate him, but the team seems to have decided that other positions need to be addressed this week.

That doesn't make Price a bust. It does make him a bottom of the roster receiver right now, but that's nothing new for him.

Last edited:

With the Patriots already declaring six players out for Sunday's road game against the Bills, they have just one more player to downgrade before kickoff. If all injured players play in the game, the last player to be declared inactive will likely be quarterback Ryan Mallett.

MReiss. So Price will be active. :rocker:

edit. Apparent he is ruled out. :(

Last edited:

well he has more catches than price right now... and has brought more to the team than taylor " im in the tub" price has....

Unless NFL.com hasn't recorded Slater's stats correctly, than Price has more catches in the Miami game than Slater has in the 45 games he's been active through his career.

How is Price a bust anyways? He's a 3rd round pick who was red shirted his rookie year and has had a hamstring injury since preseason. Are we going to cry injury prone now? Something like 130+ of our offensive snaps this season have been in multiple tight end sets. When you have two or three tight ends on the field you can only fit so many receivers out there. And considering we almost always have 1 RB on the field, a former #1 receiver, and a pretty prolific one at that, has only been on the field for a handful of snaps.

That makes Taylor Price a bust? I wouldn't be surprised if some people here have had their shoe laces taken away so they can't hurt themselves on game day.

Last edited:

wow..talk about overreaction on Price and Haynesworth...Haynesworth it seems so many people on here are rooting for him to fail..unbelievable

That makes Taylor Price a bust? I wouldn't be surprised if some people here have had their shoe laces taken away so they can't hurt themselves on game day.

Thats why some shoes have Velcro. lol

Going from a triple option offense to an option route based one that formations you to death is an insanely hard transition. Fast guys also have the tendency to tweak things and you can't play through muscle injuries like you can breaks.

But yeah, screw Price and that mega bust Shane Vereen too. Vereen is Maroney 2.0.

That really stinks. :(

Going from a triple option offense to an option route based one that formations you to death is an insanely hard transition. Fast guys also have the tendency to tweak things and you can't play through muscle injuries like you can breaks.

But yeah, screw Price and that mega bust Shane Vereen too. Vereen is Maroney 2.0.

Speaking of which, I think Vereen will be activated tomorrow. There's just nobody else left to deactivate except Mallet.

By: Derek Havens

On Saturday evening the Patriots announced three additional players have been downgraded to out. Albert Haynesworth, Patrick Chung and Taylor Price all will not play on Sunday in Buffalo. ...

Is there some rational reason why Mike Wright is still taking up a roster spot?

Speaking of which, I think Vereen will be activated tomorrow. There's just nobody else left to deactivate except Mallet.

Agreed. I'm starting to think Vereen may have a coming out party against Buffalo. They're very much an upfield D and they bring a lot of run blitzes. I think it will be a good day for guys with the speed to crease a few. I think Woodhead's going to have a good game and it wouldn't surprise menin the least to see more Vereen/Woodhead than Green-Ellis/Ridley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes