PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Injury Report: Haynesworth, Two Others Downgraded to Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
The patsfans homers will defend taylor price till the day he gets cut. Then his defenders will suddenly change tune and say they never thought he was good to begin with. The same scenario played out with chad jackson and brandon tate.
Even though we could all see that tate was suspect as a wide receiver, the homers said the first 2 years shouldn't count against him because of injuries.
I see the same scenario with taylor. Either he can play or he can't. Since he can't get on the field, I'm thinking he just sucks. The excuses for him are just ridiculous.

Liking Price = being a homer?

He's played very well in pre season and had a decent game with the backups in Miami. WR is one of the positions with the most solid depth on our roster and we run sets with mostly 2 or less WR on the field, and those are TB's two favorite targets of all time.

Do you think being behind Wes Welker, Chad Ochocinco, and Deion Branch is a bad thing? Deion is Brady's favorite target receiver and best friend, they have unreal chemistry that makes up for what Branch may lack in the talent department. Wes Welker is the best slot receiver in the NFL, and Chad Ochocinco has been a dependable #1 his entire career.

Liking Price = being a homer?

He's played very well in pre season and had a decent game with the backups in Miami. WR is one of the positions with the most solid depth on our roster and we run sets with mostly 2 or less WR on the field, and those are TB's two favorite targets of all time.

Do you think being behind Wes Welker, Chad Ochocinco, and Deion Branch is a bad thing? Deion is Brady's favorite target receiver and best friend, they have unreal chemistry that makes up for what Branch may lack in the talent department. Wes Welker is the best slot receiver in the NFL, and Chad Ochocinco has been a dependable #1 his entire career.

You may be right, and if one of those 3 guys leave he will shine. I just don't think he's good. I don't believe in the 2 or 3 years developmental stuff. I think if a guy is a baller, you will see it immediately.

Last edited:
Sigh! Isn't this Sean from PA the same guy who predicted gloom and doom during midseason last year not wanting to trust Brady and our O to deliver??

If yes, I am not at all surprised by this thread.

The patsfans homers will defend taylor price till the day he gets cut. Then his defenders will suddenly change tune and say they never thought he was good to begin with. The same scenario played out with chad jackson and brandon tate.
Even though we could all see that tate was suspect as a wide receiver, the homers said the first 2 years shouldn't count against him because of injuries.
I see the same scenario with taylor. Either he can play or he can't. Since he can't get on the field, I'm thinking he just sucks. The excuses for him are just ridiculous.

If you look into my post history, you'll see that I soured on Branton Tate long before he got cut. At the time, I took a lot of heat from some people for it. When there's an actual reason to worry about a player, there's a lot of people on this board who are willing to call it what it is. But we simply aren't there with Price, yet. Frankly, to play the percentages, we probably will get there eventually, since late 3rd round picks, and projects in particular, are more likely to wash out than to make it. But once again: we just aren't there yet. We don't know what we have in him, and that doesn't suddenly change, for better or for worse, because he had some minor injury.

Last edited:
If you look into my post history, you'll see that I soured on Branton Tate long before he got cut. At the time, I took a lot of heat from some people for it. When there's an actual reason to worry about a player, there's a lot of people on this board who are willing to call it what it is. But we simply aren't there with Price, yet. Frankly, to play the percentages, we probably will get there eventually, since late 3rd round picks, and projects in particular, are more likely to wash out than to make it. But once again: we just aren't there yet. We don't know what we have in him, and that doesn't suddenly change, for better or for worse, because he had some minor injury.

Apparently Price is suffering from a hamstring injury that is slow to heal...it's a minor injury to some but in some hamstring situations,the healing can take quite a while.

I have never seen so much complaining and player bashing on this site. Even when this team couldn't win home games and looked really shaky out of the gate in 2009, people weren't bashing this team as much. Two wins with double digit margin of victories in both and Brady off to a historic year and all people want to do is bash Taylor Price, Albert Haynesworth, Chad Ochocinco, and Brandon Spikes.

Overall a great post, but don't forget Jermaine Cunningham.

Re: No Haynesworth or Price for tom...

Price is the team's WR5 or WR6, depending upon whether Slater is catching passes only because he's already in on special teams or because he's legitimately in front of Price on the WR depth chart. That being the case, he's a likely inactive on any given week. Hernandez being out this week opened the theoretical possibility that the team would activate him, but the team seems to have decided that other positions need to be addressed this week.

That doesn't make Price a bust. It does make him a bottom of the roster receiver right now, but that's nothing new for him.

Deus, those are your only two options? Slater is playing WR ahead of Price the first 2 games because of either A. His ST prowess or B. He's simply ahead on the depth chart? You've ruled out the possibility that its because Price was injured in an exhibition game and hasn't been able to fully practice since?

I just don't get it. We can't know for sure where Price stands until he's healthy, but in camp and preseason games he was consistently playing ahead of Slater.

I've been one of Slater's supporters when others have declared him an easy cut, but that was because I valued him as a special teams ace. That's who he's always been, even in college. Slater has played 45 NFL games and has 1 catch. Price has played 1 game and has 3 catches. But tons of posters are now convinced that Slater is the team's deep threat and Price is a bust.

Last edited:
You may be right, and if one of those 3 guys leave he will shine. I just don't think he's good. I don't believe in the 2 or 3 years developmental stuff. I think if a guy is a baller, you will see it immediately.

I think it was on NFL Total Access Thursday with a story about how the average receiver breaks out in his third year. They had some pretty interesting stuff. Not everyone is Randy Moss in their first season.

Its not Taylor Price's fault he sucks.

Wow. Really? Come on.

until he is active the thing with the pats will always stick, the pats can not develop young wr's... im frustrated that he is not on the field i was hoping for some big things this year....

Sometimes you do and sometimes you don't

Do: Deion Branch was fantastic his 1st summer camp & season

Don't: Daniel Graham, terrible camp and stone hands for nearly 2 seasons

Don't: Troy Brown, Tedy Bruschi

Hey has anybody heard anything on Zoltan? If he suddenly can't go, what's our other option?

Hey has anybody heard anything on Zoltan? If he suddenly can't go, what's our other option?

Considering the offense rarely sees 4th down, I hope one player out of 46 NFL athletes can punt a ball decent.

(If Zoltan can't go)

Last edited:
Maybe we should ask this guy:

zoltan_c.jpg

Deus, those are your only two options? Slater is playing WR ahead of Price the first 2 games because of either A. His ST prowess or B. He's simply ahead on the depth chart? You've ruled out the possibility that its because Price was injured in an exhibition game and hasn't been able to fully practice since?

I just don't get it. We can't know for sure where Price stands until he's healthy, but in camp and preseason games he was consistently playing ahead of Slater.

I've been one of Slater's supporters when others have declared him an easy cut, but that was because I valued him as a special teams ace. That's who he's always been, even in college. Slater has played 45 NFL games and has 1 catch. Price has played 1 game and has 3 catches. But tons of posters are now convinced that Slater is the team's deep threat and Price is a bust.

You seem to have misunderstood my post. I wasn't praising or condemning either player.

Last edited:

You seem to have misunderstood my post. I wasn't praising or condemning either player.

Sorry, just to be clear, it was the first part of my post -- the "2 options" issue -- that was aimed at you in particular. Other posters have more directly annointed Slater the next big thing and written off Price.

But it does seem like you're one of many assuming that injury isn't the real issue with Price, even though AFAIK he hasn't fully practiced for weeks.

Hernandez is injured... Bust.

Haynseworth has an injury... obviously a cancer

Mike Wright is made of glass... didn't parcells recover from heart surgery in less time than it took wright to recover from a simple concussion?

Ocho Cinco will never get this offense lets cut him

Spikes tweets weird stuff... cut him

Gronkowski had a bad game against the browns... bench him

Taylor Price has a hurt hammie... obviously this equals no football talent

Chung has a hurt thumb... heading straight to bust territory

and so on and so on... sooooo boring.

Sorry, just to be clear, it was the first part of my post -- the "2 options" issue -- that was aimed at you in particular. Other posters have more directly annointed Slater the next big thing and written off Price.

But it does seem like you're one of many assuming that injury isn't the real issue with Price, even though AFAIK he hasn't fully practiced for weeks.

If he's behind Slater as a receiver only because he's injured, he's still behind Slater. However, even if you want to split hairs regarding injury and the depth chart, it's clear that Price is either WR5 or WR6, and will only play under circumstances favorable to having that many receivers active. I'd thought today might have been one of those days. Whether due to his injury or some other reason, it's apparently not going to be.

Hernandez is injured... Bust.

Haynseworth has an injury... obviously a cancer

Mike Wright is made of glass... didn't parcells recover from heart surgery in less time than it took wright to recover from a simple concussion?

Ocho Cinco will never get this offense lets cut him

Spikes tweets weird stuff... cut him

Gronkowski had a bad game against the browns... bench him

Taylor Price has a hurt hammie... obviously this equals no football talent

Chung has a hurt thumb... heading straight to bust territory

and so on and so on... sooooo boring.

You're such a homer for not instantly doubting everyone the first instant they aren't on the field!!!!11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News