PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Injury Report: Haynesworth, Two Others Downgraded to Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
No Haynesworth or Price for tom...

Taylor price is on the verge of a bust, and Hayensworth is on the verge of living up to his reputation... tom though should be chad ochocino's to shine, but im frustrated with price.. haynesworth is what it is.... but price was suppose to step up.. now he is hurt and wont get past matthew slater on the depth chart at this point.. and will go to prove the pats can not develop recievers, the last 2 givens and branch we let go and had to get one back ....

Re: No Haynesworth or Price for tom...

Taylor price is on the verge of a bust, and Hayensworth is on the verge of living up to his reputation... tom though should be chad ochocino's to shine, but im frustrated with price.. haynesworth is what it is.... but price was suppose to step up.. now he is hurt and wont get past matthew slater on the depth chart at this point.. and will go to prove the pats can not develop recievers, the last 2 givens and branch we let go and had to get one back ....

Only in your mind :rolleyes:

Taylor Price looking like Chad Jackson Jr.

What the hell is his injury that has delayed his progress?

Last edited:

Only in your mind :rolleyes:

really???? he has been active in 1 game so far..... a meaningless game against miami... now as bill parcells used to say, parcells recovered faster from heart surgery then vincent brisby recovered from hamstring inj.. substitue price for brisby and there u go....

Taylor Price looking like Chad Jackson Jr.

What the hell is his injury that has delayed his progress?

On what basis? Or are all WRs who have the audacity to suffer a minor injury Chad Jackson clones now?

really???? he has been active in 1 game so far..... a meaningless game against miami... now as bill parcells used to say, parcells recovered faster from heart surgery then vincent brisby recovered from hamstring inj.. substitue price for brisby and there u go....

Unless Parcells recovered from an open heart surgery over the course of a couple days, I have no idea wtf you're trying to say.

On what basis? Or are all WRs who have the audacity to suffer a minor injury Chad Jackson clones now?

tell me what taylor price , who parcells said big things are going to happen,and i had hope for , has done?????? nothing thank you... slater who was suppose to be cut the 3 years has more catches in reg season games than taylor price...

tell me what taylor price , who parcells said big things are going to happen,and i had hope for , has done?????? nothing thank you... slater who was suppose to be cut the 3 years has more catches in reg season games than taylor price...

Slater was supposed to be cut 3 years ago? Someone should have probably let Belichick know that.

It's way too early for us to have any idea whether or not Price will become a quality player. Last year was a redshirt year for him due to playing in a high-school caliber offense throughout college, and this year we haven't needed him through 2 weeks because we were running almost entirely 2 TE sets. It's the same exact reason why we haven't seen much of Ochocinco, and it isn't an indictment of either player. It just means that Price wasn't able to beat out Branch, Welker, or Ocho. If that surprises you, then I dunno what to tell you, because it shouldn't. Those are three very good WRs.

And now he's hurt. This is football: it's a bunch of really big, really fast guys running into each other. They get nicked up sometimes.

Last edited:

Unless Parcells recovered from an open heart surgery over the course of a couple days, I have no idea wtf you're trying to say.

well i know u have the taylor price pom poms, and so did i, i was hoping for big things , but he cant get on the field.. and you cant earn brady's trust by sitting in the tub... nuff said.....

Slater was supposed to be cut 3 years ago? Someone should have probably let Belichick know that.

well he has more catches than price right now... and has brought more to the team than taylor " im in the tub" price has....

Special teams excellence has earned Slater his job....we Kept Kelly Washington for a few years,not because of his WR skills,but superb ST leadership.

Last edited:

Only on PatsFans would you have the best and brightest calling Taylor Price a bust for being injured after what was essentially a redshirt rookie season.

It's not like there's been an uptick in injuries around the league so far this year.

Hernandez hopefully will return before the Jets game,add Kevin Faulk for help on 3rd and short outs a few weeks later and Price won't be as needed as long as no further injuries happen at WR

Last edited:

well he has more catches than price right now... and has brought more to the team than taylor " im in the tub" price has....

Of course he has... so what? Slater's really good- the fact that a bunch of you clowns couldn't figure that out at any point over the past few years doesn't mean this is a new thing. It shouldn't surprise anyone that he's contributed more than the #4/5 receiver on an offense that rarely uses more than 2 WRs. Especially when Slater and Edelman fulfill other roles, and are capable of receiving if necessary.

Last edited:

How can you really expect Price to get in there over Welker/Branch/Oocho or Edelman/Slater who are vital to ST's right now?

If 1-2 of these guys get hurt and he still can't get on the field then you can start worrying.

gun_to_the_head_RE_Seeing_this_video_made_me_shed_many_tears-s456x284-169462.jpg

Stop, Please stop it now. Don't make me shot, we're only three games into the season.

Last edited:

well i know u have the taylor price pom poms, and so did i, i was hoping for big things , but he cant get on the field.. and you cant earn brady's trust by sitting in the tub... nuff said.....

Taylor Price pom poms? I like him a bit, I guess. I'm intrigued by him, but until he shows more on the field I'm not going to get too invested in him. Unlike some people here, I don't get caught up in imagined potential: guys can either play or they can't, and we still don't know which category Price falls into. Missing this game due to an injury is nearly irrelevant to the ultimate outcome, though.

It sucks, and obviously it would be better if he could play, but players get hurt. If he's good enough to make it in the NFL, missing a week 3 game against the Bills isn't going to change that.

Last edited:

I have this sneaky suspicion that they might be saving him for the Jets game. Could be wrong, could be right. Who knows.
I'm rooting for this kid....main reason is b/c he is from the town I currently reside in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes