PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Indy an easy WIN over Denver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
From several self proclaimed prognosticators all over the web,it seems as if 20 out of 20 predict that Indy will not only cover the +2 1/2 points they are getting,but they will beat Denver by at least 9 points or more - It seems when Indy is an underdog in the Peyton era which has been Rare they seem to have covered nearly everytime and won those games (although we have covered against them in the past) - No One I have seen picks Denver to win,even though its at Mile High - One guy even said he was going to bet the house,the kids,the car,his dog,his kids college funds and his grandparents retirement fund on it - I find that bid scary considering Indy is 31st in the NFL in rushing D and Denver has another good looking rusher in Tatum Bell - I think Indy will win,but betting the house seems a bit suicidal.​
If there is a 'bet the house' game this week I think its St. Louis+ 9 against San Diego.​

Indy + 2.5 points is a good bet against any team in football.

mgteich said:

But only in a month that ends in an R. :D

mgteich said:
Would you say the same for the Patriots?,even though I don't think we will be underdogs anywhere the rest of the season,except maybe in the playoffs on the road-if thats what we have to do.

PATRIOT64 said:
From several self proclaimed prognosticators all over the web,it seems as if 20 out of 20 predict that Indy will not only cover the +2 1/2 points they are getting,but they will beat Denver by at least 9 points or more - It seems when Indy is an underdog in the Peyton era which has been Rare they seem to have covered nearly everytime and won those games (although we have covered against them in the past) - No One I have seen picks Denver to win,even though its at Mile High - One guy even said he was going to bet the house,the kids,the car,his dog,his kids college funds and his grandparents retirement fund on it - I find that bid scary considering Indy is 31st in the NFL in rushing D and Denver has another good looking rusher in Tatum Bell - I think Indy will win,but betting the house seems a bit suicidal.​
If there is a 'bet the house' game this week I think its St. Louis+ 9 against San Diego.​

The public is loading up on Indy, I would bet on Denver;) I think San Diego easily covers the -9 spread.

Indy has had Denvers number in the past few years,
Denver has had the Pats number the past few years
The Pats have had Indy's number the ast few years

Paper, Rock, Scissors anyone?

patsfan13 said:
Indy has had Denvers number in the past few years,
Denver has had the Pats number the past few years
The Pats have had Indy's number the ast few years

Paper, Rock, Scissors anyone?

lol, I was telling the exact same thing to a buddy of mine.

PATRIOT64 said:

sorry i need to ask, is there a reason you tab over your entire paragraph?

i think other way around. Tatum will destroy Colts..they have no CB to cover their 2 WRs. And they have a great fast D..will shutdown run..and likely pass with Bailey having 1 side..just worry about Darrent Williams verse Reggie

I don't know, it could be a close game. Despite Denver's awesome defense, and Tatum Bell's great season, their offense is struggling to score points. If their defense holds the Colts to under 14, they win, if it's 20+ points against, I don't think their offense can keep up. Should be an interesting game. It also seems like Indy is now discovering a running game, Addai & Rhodes are playing quite well. The way Edgerrin James is playing, i don't think they miss him.

The question is who do we want to win?

I want to see Indy pull it off. Denver and tha Pats have one loss each, with Denver holding the tiebreaker. An Indy win puts us on top of Denver in the conference standings, allowing us to control our own fate when we play Indy next Sunday.

Denver loss to Indy + Pats win over Indy = #1 in AFC

Just watch, Denver is going to beat Indy today. That defense is flat out amazing. Indy's running game will be nothing today.

I think the Broncos start out by blitzing Manning to death. If they can get to him without Manning torching their secondary, Broncos win.

The Broncos are going to run, run, run and I really don't think that the Colts are going to be able to stop them. If they do and start to load up the box on Denver, then I believe Walker will torch Indy's depleted secondary. Indy had to sign Dexter Reid because their best db (Sanders) is out. Not to mention DT Reagor is out and Freeny is questionable with a shoulder injury.

Denver has beaten teams with defense ranked #3 (Baltimore), #5 (Oakland), #10 (New England), #11 (KC), and #22 (Cleveland).

Whereas Indy has beaten defenses ranked #9 (Jacksonville), #21 (NY Giants), #26 (Washington), #29 (Tennessee), #30 (NY Jets), and #31 (Houston). They struggled with Tennessee and the Jets and Washington was beating them too.

I really don't think that Indy will be able to beat them at Mile High. Denver wins 20-14. Indy is the first team to score multiple TD's against Denver but it's not enough. This is what I envision and Miss Cleo confirmed my rational. :D

I like Denver except that Indy always smacks them just like Denver always smacks us. It's been a couple of years since those playoff debacles but while my head says Denver wins, I need to see it until I'm confident in it.

The Broncos are a great team with the lead or tied, a terrible team coming from behind. When they are behind, Jake has to drop back and throw from the pocket which he could never do well on his best day.

In recent years, the Colts have come out and got up quick on Denver and when anyone does that it is over. Pittsburgh did the same in the title game last year. If the Colts do the same today, they will again win easily.

Well since no Pats today I'm looking forward to that game. The 1 PM choices are:
Jaguars at Eagles or
Buccaneers at Giants
yech :rolleyes:

Indy-Denver seemed an obvious choice to me. Then I see every expert disagreeing with me and picking Indy. I'll just chalk it up to all the times the experts picked Indy to beat the Pats and they were wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News