PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm worried about our Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
how long do you expect to maintain this 3 point when the season is nearly over.?

I guess we know the answer in 2 games and SB.

I know you're a troll but I would just like to say that back in 2003, before you became a fan, the team won 10 games, including playoffs, by 7 points or less.

I like our team to win but our team needs to be consistent and persistent to the end.

Do you expect we will come out and win like this when we face another team such as Colt in SB when we didn't play well in the past 2 games.?

I certainly hope so.

this is the message which these teams are sending other teams and if our team is not prepared, we will not have a perfect season.

i'm not here to take away their effort but give my opinions because we have some tough games ahead of us. We need to be well-prepared.

Ok follow along...

In the SuperBowl the AFC champion plays the NFC champion. Are you still tracking?

Good.

Now, the Colts are in the AFC South division and the Pats are in the AFC East division. Which means?

Bingo! They both play in the AFC. Good job!

Can the Pats and Colts play in the SuperBowl? :confused:

I know you're a troll but I would just like to say that back in 2003, before you became a fan, the team won 10 games, including playoffs, by 7 points or less.

Dallas will be the toughest team we've faced in any super bowl in the Brady era. Better than the 2001 Rams. I know the homers think we'll just strap on the shoulder pads, put on the eye black, don the grey hoodie and go out and win by 3TD's just because we won by 3 TD's in Dallas earlier this year. However, truly astute football fans and pats fans know that Dallas will be a very formidable foe in the super bowl. If the defense continues to tackle poorly and has trouble getting pressure on Romo, than it will go down to the wire. Can we win close games? Absolutely. However, 12-0 isn't going to mean crap when it's a winner take all situation like the super bowl. It will come down to execution. We better get our acts together in every facet of the game or else we will be in for a REAL serving of humble pie in February.

Last edited:
In the last couple weeks, my blood pressure was high and I screamed and cursed when I watched our team play. I'm happy that we win and I look forward to a perfect season.

I feel that our team is getting tired lately and does not have the same energy in previous 4 weeks. We simply can't win a game by 3 pts. We will never break any record if our team continues playing like this.

We definitely need to work on our D and O and improve them quickly if we want to be a champion.

Does the Pats finally run out of gas in the end.? I"m really concerned and worried. I hope that we play better games in the next few weeks if we really want to be name the BEST.

Aha! I always wondered what happened to fluffy/riblets at kffl. Now I know.

In the first 9 games, we blew every team away with 20+ pts. We won by 3 pts when we faced Eagles and Raven which are considered UNDERDOGS. What's up with that.? We can't expect to win a game by hoping a bad time out from another team.
4. New England's offensive line showed again that it struggles against top defensive fronts. As we pointed out last week, the Patriots have faced some of the worst Defensive Hogs in the business this season. But against Philly, Dallas and now Baltimore (all in the top 10 on our Index when they played the Patriots, with Baltimore No. 1), New England allowed 10 of their 21 Negative Pass Plays on the season (sack or INT) and ran for 213 yards on 69 carries (3.1 YPA).

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_1902_Patriots_27,_Ravens_24:_What_we_learned.html

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=1135

Last edited:
In the last couple weeks, my blood pressure was high and I screamed and cursed when I watched our team play. I'm happy that we win and I look forward to a perfect season.

I feel that our team is getting tired lately and does not have the same energy in previous 4 weeks. We simply can't win a game by 3 pts. We will never break any record if our team continues playing like this.

We definitely need to work on our D and O and improve them quickly if we want to be a champion.

Does the Pats finally run out of gas in the end.? I"m really concerned and worried. I hope that we play better games in the next few weeks if we really want to be name the BEST.

Sounds like 2001-2003 football to me. Get used to it. We will be back there again one day. Or are you to young to remember?

Football is a man's sport. It ain't always pretty.

They've gotten run all over 3 out of the last 4 weeks and I'm confident that trend won't continue. We have the coaches and we have the players who can get back to stopping the run.

Honestly I do have to wonder if our success in the passing game has something to do with it.

Passing more often in games means more practice time spent working on passing plays meaning less practice and game time spent on running plays which could mean our defense isn't practicing against an OL that is run blocking at the highest level. Yeah the Patriots are getting good yards per carry but there have been a number of running plays where Maroney's dancing has actually helped him find a hole when the original one wasn't there.

I have not expected any love from people like you when I posted my messages here. I'm not here to be your friend or be nice to you. If you don't have anything to add to your conversation besides your bandwagon comment, you probably have a different point of view after meditating what I said for 5 mins.

I don't know why you don't like bandwagon. I like it.

When i see a good team, i want it to be a better team but you still want it to be good because winning 3 or 20 pts does not matter in your head.

I will grant you that winning decisively is always preferred, but you seem to have a very feeble grasp on the nature of football. This is why the bandwagon comments and crybaby comments come into play.

Time to grow up and realize that a win is a win and if three points is all we can muster, it will have to do.

I would like to see us win big as much as the next fan, but I have seen too much football to dismiss the danger of underdog teams like the last couple weeks. We are tired and the other team is angry. Be happy we won. Really.

I will grant you that winning decisively is always preferred, but you seem to have a very feeble grasp on the nature of football. This is why the bandwagon comments and crybaby comments come into play.

Time to grow up and realize that a win is a win and if three points is all we can muster, it will have to do.

I would like to see us win big as much as the next fan, but I have seen too much football to dismiss the danger of underdog teams like the last couple weeks. We are tired and the other team is angry. Be happy we won. Really.
Derek Smalls:

We do not strive for perfection, because "perfection is the destination, imperfection is the journey".

This is Spinal Tap

Last edited:

Actually, we already are the best buddy, so don't fret. We've won 21 consecutive games in '04/'05 and that's a record no one will break for a long, long time.

In a season of GREATNESS, you should be focusing and appreciating what you have witnessed in 2007 to date...PERFECTION.

You've witnessed the greatest coach in NFL history consistently prepare his team for the playoff-run and the tournament to the tune of 3 super bowls in 6 years, so what's wrong with you? Have some faith.

After all, what other chump team are you worried about?

Dallas will be the toughest team we've faced in any super bowl in the Brady era. Better than the 2001 Rams. I know the homers think we'll just strap on the shoulder pads, put on the eye black, don the grey hoodie and go out and win by 3TD's just because we won by 3 TD's in Dallas earlier this year. However, truly astute football fans and pats fans know that Dallas will be a very formidable foe in the super bowl. If the defense continues to tackle poorly and has trouble getting pressure on Romo, than it will go down to the wire. Can we win close games? Absolutely. However, 12-0 isn't going to mean crap when it's a winner take all situation like the super bowl. It will come down to execution. We better get our acts together in every facet of the game or else we will be in for a REAL serving of humble pie in February.

One thing we should all have learned by now is the Patriots will NOT continue to tackle poorly or have trouble getting pressure on the QB. Coach Belichick has never failed to correct such issues in the 8 years he's coached the Patriots, so why should we doubt him now?

At first I was of a mind to ridicule you for this post. After all, the pats are 12-0. As a fan of the game I'm sure you must appreciate how hard it is to go 12-0 in the NFL. Many teams can and do rise to the occaision on any given Sunday. I think every knowledgeable fan of the game has to appreciate 12-0. Only a very good team gets the opportunity to reach that rarefied height and I mean this. Starting off 12-0 is extremely hard to do in the NFL.

I'm really not inclined to entertain arguments about strength of sked, weakness in the division, other teams blunders and/or fortunate happenstance. There is a bottom line here and it does in fact read 12-0.

The above said, the pats coasted to 9-10-0. But At this point the pressure is on. Period. Make no mistake, NE does feel it. All eyes are on NE. Put another way, there is and will continue to be a lot of energy being directed NE's way for the remainder of the season.

The only question remaining is this. How is NE gonna use the energy coming at them for the next 4 games?

Is NE capable of running the table? Yea, I believe so. I'll acknowledge that I think NE has it in them. The problem I see is that it's going to take a HUGE mental and emotional investment to get there.

Nah, I'm not hearing what NE homerrs think or anyone else. Being casual and easy flies out the window when you're talking about going 16-0.

Nobody has ever gone 16-0. It doesn't matter who NE is playing their last 2 games. I really believe the effort required to achieve that goal (16-0) will take it's toll. If that happens, NE going 16-0, then the Q becomes how much fuel does NE have left in the tank?

Philly had you in their clutches as did the Ravens. But the pats prevailed because they do not suck. Sure, there's lots of intricacies surrounding my last sentence but I don't want to get into that and it doesn't matter. I think that sentence sums it up. Sure, the pats can be beaten and at some point it's definitely gonna happen. But that's what's gonna have to happen. Some team is gonna have to beat NE. Because it's a little less than likely NE is gonna do what it takes to beat themselves.

Don't get me wrong. I know and all NE fans should know NE is not perfect. You can and will lose. It's just a matter of when. NE has clearly been a bit vulnerable recently. As it happens, during every one of NE's SB run's the team has in fact put itself in a position of vulnerability. It's just that opposing teams have been unable to cap and made clear cut mistakes in trying to do so.

For the last 2 seasons NE has given more than a couple teams every opportunity to beat them. The Colts managed to walk thru the door last year. But they had to rise up to get there. This is part of my point. The only way NE loses a game nowadays is that somebody takes the game from them. NE can and will give the opposing team op's if the opposing team is there to play.

The bottom line is that it's all about ABC. Always Be Closing. Always.

The team that does beat NE absolutely will be a huge proponent of the ABC principle and apply it on that day. :D

In closing I'm saying this. I hope my Bolts find their way into the playoffs and SD meets you in Foxboro. I hope NE is undefeated if the Bolts get there. I fervently hope the Bolts get to explore past transgressions w/regard to NE and learn from them.

Cheers

ABC?..always be closing?...oh yes...I DEFINITELY know this one...

Hiya, friends! Ralph Spoilsport, Ralph Spoilsport Motors - the world's largest new used and used new automobile dealership - Ralph Spoilsport motors - right here in the city of EMPHYSEMA!

Let's just look at the extras on this fabulous car! Wire-wheel spoke fenders and two-way sneeze through wind vents, star-studded mud guard, sponge-coated edible steering column, chrome fender dents - and factory air conditioned air from our fully factory-equipped air conditioned factory!

It's a beautiful car friends, with doors to match! Birch's Blacklist says this car was stolen but for you friends a complete price: only two-ninety-five hundred dollars in easy monthly payments of twenty dollars a week twice a week and never on Sunday!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL! Where did you come from? You must be one of the new breed of patsfans we've been getting around here lately.

God forbid someone join a fan's message board and post a comment.

The amount of jerk-offs on this board is stunning. Too bad, alot of really good fans and posters here too, but dinks seem to rule the day.

????
The current team has an excellent chance of beating this record.

Actually, we already are the best buddy, so don't fret. We've won 21 consecutive games in '04/'05 and that's a record no one will break for a long, long time.

Some complained the blowouts were kind of boring/anticlimactic and although I love blowouts - a small piece of me (the old school Sox fan) missed the nervous excitement that comes with close games.

Well, I have had enough. I am ready for the blowouts again - although I realize that this is the NFL - teams are figuring us out a little, we are getting everyone's "Superbowl" effort (i.e. their hardest hitting of year) and we are probably wearing down a little because of it.

If we can avoid any additional major injuries (Colvin), we will be fine. Any more and we start coming back to the pack a little more.

The bye week will be huge. One more thing - if the Giants can win their next couple games, they may be able to clinch the top wild card spot and will want to rest their guys against us - since they do not have a bye.

At least, i have different opinions from the rest of you and I'm glad that our coach think the same way. We will see if there is any improvement after 1 day off. I said what I had to say.

I want to see our Pats achieve 19-0. In order for us to do that, we have to play better than we did in the last 2 games.

Belichick, who noted on WEEI that the Patriots were a "tired team", was asked if the change in schedule is a result of the players needing a break.

“No,” he replied. “For a Monday night game, it’s a shorter week. We feel like this is a schedule that gives us. … The bigger part of the problem isn’t practice for the players, it’s for the coaches to be ready for the players when they come in here. As I’ve said, Pittsburgh is a hard team to prepare for. What I don’t think you want to do is give your team a game-plan and then as you do more work on the team, find out ‘this isn’t quite what we want here’ and you have to change it. We thought it would be better to take a little time ourselves from a coaching standpoint, a staff standpoint, to make sure that with the extra time we’ve had this morning that we could get things as close to exactly the way we want them, so when we do give them to the players, we don’t have to go back and change them."

HE’LL TAKE BLOWOUTS: While Belichick is proud of his team’s ability to make the situational plays at the end of tight games, he’d prefer such performances not even be necessary.

“I hope we don’t make a habit of that,” he said. “It’s harder to play the game that way. It’ s a compliment to the players that they were able to make those plays, but it really requires that you make just about all of them and there’s not much margin for error when you put yourselves in that situation. It’s not the situation we’re trying to be in. It’s not where we’re trying to be.”

Last edited:
It's virtually impossible to bring an A game every week for a whole season. It's just a fact that teams will have an off day here and there. I remember when the Pats used to have an off day and get blown out by the Bills 31-0. Now when we have an off day, we still beat the opposing team by 3 points when they bring their A game. That to me is the sign of a really great team. Sure, we can end up losing to any team on any given Sunday but I still believe this team will be one of the greatest if not the greatest ever.

The patriots did not have an off day and lose to the Bills 31-0. The Front Office fired Milloy one week before the season began. The Front Office spent the week dealing with this situation instead of inspriring the team to win the game. Bruschi was especially outspoken against the decision.

It's virtually impossible to bring an A game every week for a whole season. It's just a fact that teams will have an off day here and there. I remember when the Pats used to have an off day and get blown out by the Bills 31-0. Now when we have an off day, we still beat the opposing team by 3 points when they bring their A game. That to me is the sign of a really great team. Sure, we can end up losing to any team on any given Sunday but I still believe this team will be one of the greatest if not the greatest ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes