PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm sorry but "Cheater" tag will follow you

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right. But I think the best way to get over this is to embrace it. The truly knowledgeable fans will know the truth - the Pats screwed up absolutely, but was there any kind of offensive domination capable from what was gathered from the Video tape? Probably not. Could they get their signs, see how they call a game. yes. But every team in the league is aware that everyone is trying to steal their signs. The Jets called us out on it. We'll call the Jets out on it next week. The NFL shows how fair and balanced it is.

Wow,the voice of reason comes from a steelers fan,......well done!

I would not be surprised if at every away game that the Pats play, some sign in the stands would reference cheating. Also, if any of you guys post on other teams' boards - any opinion that you express will be discarded and ignored with a quick reference to Pats being cheaters. Every game that you lose will have been lost because you were stripped of your ability to cheat and every game that you win will be because you found a way to cheat again. Every past and future accomplishments will be seen with an asterist by opponsing fans

This is totally unfair. I know you guys have a good team and this video stuff had no bearing on the outcomes. Also, this stuff goes on in the NFL like crazy but because you guys are such an easy target, this tag will follow you.

My suggestion - which many of you are already doing: SCREW THE OTHER FANS. WHO CARES WHAT THEY THINK. JUST FOCUS ON YOUR OWN TEAM AND ENJOY WATCHING THEM BEAT UP ON OTHER TEAMS.

Great post. Welcome to the board. How do you see your lads doing this year?

I would not be surprised if at every away game that the Pats play, some sign in the stands would reference cheating. Also, if any of you guys post on other teams' boards - any opinion that you express will be discarded and ignored with a quick reference to Pats being cheaters. Every game that you lose will have been lost because you were stripped of your ability to cheat and every game that you win will be because you found a way to cheat again. Every past and future accomplishments will be seen with an asterist by opponsing fans

This is totally unfair. I know you guys have a good team and this video stuff had no bearing on the outcomes. Also, this stuff goes on in the NFL like crazy but because you guys are such an easy target, this tag will follow you.

My suggestion - which many of you are already doing: SCREW THE OTHER FANS. WHO CARES WHAT THEY THINK. JUST FOCUS ON YOUR OWN TEAM AND ENJOY WATCHING THEM BEAT UP ON OTHER TEAMS.
I never gave a **** what opposing fans thought before, why should I start now? :D

I didn't need that advise anyway, but thanks for the post. Maybe some others do need the advise.

Thanks, and welcome to the board. Hope we can have some lively discussions and maybe even a little good-natured trash talk before our teams play each other this year.

As to your point. Yes, we're going to have to put up with a whole lot of crap during our road games. and the whole nonsense will build to a frenzy again when we play the Jests in Foxboro. but it is very rare that sports fans and the sports establishment render a long term verdict for something like this (for the umpteenth time, as you seem to understand, we were punished for breaking a rule, albeit flagrantly and after a specific warning, but not for cheating during the game or in the past). Ultimately, this will become a footnote; and, the more we win, the quicker it will do so.

But, for the forseeable future, I agree with you. I've found myself rethinking my whole attitude towards the Raiders and, gulp, may God forgive me and lightning not strike me for saying this, the Yankees, aka The Evil Empire.

For the forseeable future, we should adopt the attitude of, f@$k all of you; we're bigger than you, we're better than you and we're gonna whip your butts. If you have a problem with that, see us on the field. Cheat this!!!

Thanks again. That was a good way to start my work-filled Saturday.

funniest thing ive ever heard... from a team who begs for league money since their nads shriveled up into nothing? a joke... the roid-raged stealers are an official joke... they have 3 players dead from doing roids.. go stealers, you shriveled dinks!

Someone is in need of their meds!:eek:

This post made me feel good this morning, thanks bud!

Since no one including Holmgren thinks the Steelers won Super Bowl Xtra Lame fair and square. You certainly speak from experience. And you're right who cares what the haters think. Anyone that believes the Pats really cheated in a way no other team is doing one way or another doesn't know a thing about the NFL and what goes on every Sunday.

Why are you bagging on someone for that post? Did you read it before responding?

8 year olds can read. Comprehension occurs much later, or sometimes never.

funniest thing ive ever heard... from a team who begs for league money since their nads shriveled up into nothing? a joke... the roid-raged stealers are an official joke... they have 3 players dead from doing roids.. go stealers, you shriveled dinks!

It is very sad that men, Steelers or not, have had to inject drugs for short term gains and long term harms. Definitely, Steeler players have used steroids and it probably was encouraged by the coaches on some level. But two wrongs don't make a right - and I will own that the Steelers were wrong to do this. Pointing this out doesn't make any other team cheating right.

As for this video stuff - my point is that the hoopla surrounding this is way overblown - particularly because its the Pats and because they are good and they win. Players like McNabb, Hines Ward, etc.. coming out and saying they lost because of this are just crying sour apples and its somewhat pathetic to hear. Did the Pats break a rule? Yes. But did this rule breaking make them win 3 SBs or even any one single game - I don't think so.

Titans Accusing Radiers of cheating

In response to Brown's assertion, former Titans running back Eddie George suggested that the Raiders receivers had radio receivers in their helmets during a 2003 game against Tennessee, because the receivers never went back to the huddle.

"I'm saying that you guys cheated," George said to Brown. "You had receivers in your helmets. What goes around comes around. . . . And that's why you don't have a ring today."

The alleged cheating also didn't work, because the Titans won the game 25-20.

Brown denied the allegations. But based on these two accusations FSN's Pro Football Preview is something that now must be added to the "must see" list of weekend preview shows.

It is very sad that men, Steelers or not, have had to inject drugs for short term gains and long term harms. Definitely, Steeler players have used steroids and it probably was encouraged by the coaches on some level. But two wrongs don't make a right - and I will own that the Steelers were wrong to do this. Pointing this out doesn't make any other team cheating right.

As for this video stuff - my point is that the hoopla surrounding this is way overblown - particularly because its the Pats and because they are good and they win. Players like McNabb, Hines Ward, etc.. coming out and saying they lost because of this are just crying sour apples and its somewhat pathetic to hear. Did the Pats break a rule? Yes. But did this rule breaking make them win 3 SBs or even any one single game - I don't think so.

Using the CHEATING term shows that you believe that there is cheating involved. You can say it's cheating, but there is MUCH more grey here than you have been led to believe.

In the constitution and bylaws, there is a rule that says.

Any use by any club at any time, from the start to the finish of any game in which such club is a participant, of any communications or information-gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, shall be prohibited, including without limitation videotape machines, telephone tapping, or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic devices that might aid a team during the playing of a game.

This contradicts the RULE in the Game Operations Manual that GOODELL used that said.

NFL policy states that “no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches’ booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game” and that all video shooting locations for club coaching purposes “must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead.”

Granted, in spirit and intent, they both say the same thing, but they are worded differently, thus subject to interpretation. BB thought he had a loophole because he said that he did not use them for in-game use, only for post game review. He may have been being totally disingenuous, but according to the the rule he chose to follow, he had a good argument.

Now GOODELL (and the Comp. Com. that hates BB) were so pissed off they lowered the boom on him............. IMO mostly for his arrogant distain he shows towards them. Is what he did cheating? .......... no more then taking a few liberties on your tax-returns, then getting whacked with penalties and interest if you ever get audited. That totally different then TAX CHEATING or FRAUD (which they throw you in jail for). Trust me, if they ACTUALLY felt that he was cheating in the real sense of the word, he would have been suspended (likely for the year) and Kraft would have been force to fire him.

Again, Bill (stupidly) staked a crapload money (reputation, picks, etc..) on what essentially was a house hand. Stupid and arrogant perhaps........ cheating, Hardly. Video for in-game use, would be way to hard and cumbersome to do anyway. Must easier to do it the old fashion way..... Binocs and a steno pad.

I'll bet you fun money to marbles that the rule he cited, will be adjusted and modified to little fan-fare in the offseason. That my impression.

Last edited:

Wow,

At first glance I figured this was going to be another troll post.

Glad I actually read it before I went off.

Thanks, and I totally agree with your assesment.

Since no one including Holmgren thinks the Steelers won Super Bowl Xtra Lame fair and square. You certainly speak from experience. And you're right who cares what the haters think. Anyone that believes the Pats really cheated in a way no other team is doing one way or another doesn't know a thing about the NFL and what goes on every Sunday.

You might want to actually read his post!

I say we just ******* win the super bowl, easier said than done I know, but if we just romp house this year they can't say we cheated since roger goodell will have his gloved finger up our ass all year for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes