PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you could have had one former Patriots player in his prime added to the roster....

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If you could have added a former Pats player who would it have been?

• Randy Moss

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • Ty Law

Votes: 30 23.3%
  • Willie McGinest

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • Corey Dillon

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Mike Vrabel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richard Seymour

Votes: 13 10.1%
  • Rodney Harrison

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • Someone else? (explain)

Votes: 13 10.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If you could have had one former Patriots player in his prime added to the roster

Hmmm. Well Law was my all time favorite and this team needs a CB!

Re: If you could have had one former Patriots player in his prime added to the roster

The Pittsburgh game was a mess because no one could cover the TE Miller one on one right down the middle,and once they got him better covered,it was time for Wallace to make an impact.

In all 3 regular season losses the secondary could not hold up.

The Baltimore game was a narrow escape by the Pats. P Manning completed 75% of his passes in the SB and the Giants nearly held the ball for 40 minutes.

Charlie Weis

I voted Law, although I'd like to have him, Willie, and Rodney back, in that order. that would fix a great deal of sins.

Because he's getting no love here, I'll go with Tedy Bruschi. 54 knocks down that TD pass in the endzone if not intercepts it outright and would have made some game changing play throughout the course of that game.

My first thoughts were Rodney and Willie for the same reasons as above, but like I said, Tedy B should not be so quickly forgotten in these parts.

And to the people who actually argued for years during the dynasty years that it was all about the system and the players were "laundry," well, I'd love have all that gritty, talented laundry back now.

With a Randy Moss in his prime the game never comes down to the wire, but even so....Randy Moss comes down with that Hail Mary.

Rodney just for his mouth. I'm sick of the whole every teams trash talks the Pats while they keep silent, and then the Pats are beat down.

How about just a healthy Gronk? ;)

(j/k -- I like the thread as a diversion. While I don't think WR is the biggest need on the team, I guess I agree with taking Moss because of how great he was during his prime -- not to take away from all the other players)

Last edited:

Because he's getting no love here, I'll go with Tedy Bruschi. 54 knocks down that TD pass in the endzone if not intercepts it outright and would have made some game changing play throughout the course of that game.

My first thoughts were Rodney and Willie for the same reasons as above, but like I said, Tedy B should not be so quickly forgotten in these parts.

And to the people who actually argued for years during the dynasty years that it was all about the system and the players were "laundry," well, I'd love have all that gritty, talented laundry back now.

For ILB notables,Ted Johnson was the guy you almost knew was going to clog the middle if the RB got past the first line of defense,so he gets some recognition as well,even though I know nobody would have voted for him had he been in this poll.

Gronkowski with two good ankles.

In my opinion I'd say Moss, because in the situation of Gronk's interception and Welker's drop, Moss would have caught both those balls.

For me has to be Tedy Bruschi He would lead the D by example and in voice he would have picked Eli off on the pass Mayo almost had TB54 would be in the same place as mayo but turned to see that ball and had it.

Yup, I voted for moss thinking back to 2007 as well. This team would have been unstoppable.
With that amount of talent I bet they could even manage the impossible like scoring 20pts in the SB!!!!

Sorry couldn't help it...

Wait, are we talking Moss 2007 or Moss with his absolute peak skills?

At his peak he could outrun, outjump anyone. Those were the Vikings days.

For ILB notables,Ted Johnson was the guy you almost knew was going to clog the middle if the RB got past the first line of defense,so he gets some recognition as well,even though I know nobody would have voted for him had he been in this poll.

Yeah, and I loved Ted Johnson too because he was so stout against the run but I don't think he was the same game-changing playmaker that Bruschi, Rodney and Willie were. And to my mind, the late Pats teams really need more players who make big plays in crunch time.

Also, when I'm really bored and it's mid June, I often salivate thinking about how BB would utilize an Andre Tippett in his prime. I need to include him on my list too.

Last edited:

Ted Johnson is here now, at least his replacement is (mayo).We need someone with some game changing-ball hawking skills to go with Mayo.

If your post is about respect, the man has mine. :youtheman:

Rodney Harrisson he would stick up for our QB for all the disrespect he's getting and would actually help to shut the mouth of the teams that keep talking. Other than that I think Moss at his peak with the Two
tight ends, Welker and old realiable Branch, this offense would be legendary way more than 2007.

I'm going to take a guess and assume you missed the premise of this thread?

I almost had Grahambo on my list, but then decided it would take too much of a scheme change to use all of him, Hernandez AND a gimped Gronk.

I voted for Moss but not before I hesitated on Rodney Harrison for a minute.
A guy like Harrison would be great, he's one of my all time favorite Patriot defensive players.

But at the end of the day a guy like Randy Moss is just too tempting not to choose. The man was an incredible football player. His pulling down touchdown passes seemingly effortlessly in double and triple coverage was just amazing.

If it was non-Bellichick era, I'd say Andre Tippet (could you imagine?!) Otherwise, I'd say Ty Law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back