PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you could have had one former Patriots player in his prime added to the roster....

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

If you could have added a former Pats player who would it have been?

• Randy Moss

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • Ty Law

Votes: 30 23.3%
  • Willie McGinest

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • Corey Dillon

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Mike Vrabel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richard Seymour

Votes: 13 10.1%
  • Rodney Harrison

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • Someone else? (explain)

Votes: 13 10.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If you could have had one former Patriots player in his prime added to the roster

I'd take a young Randy Moss. The offense would be literally unstoppable next year. I don't think one player would drastically change the effectiveness of the D, but Moss in his prime would be a disaster for opposing defenses. Welker, Gronk and Hernandez over the middle and in the flats with Moss running deep routes is just silly. We'd have four players working all parts of the field that you absolutely can't guard one on one.

Moss was the most unguardable player in the history of the NFL. The other players listed, although outstanding in their own right, would not have as much of an impact on either side of the ball. I'd rather bring in a young Moss and address pass rush, secondary etc. through other means.

Re: If you could have had one former Patriots player in his prime added to the roster

Law would have helped significantly in defending the pass. He's my choice. My alternative would be Harrison circa 2003. Fierce leader in a secondary that has none.

Richard Seymour. It all starts at the front and he's been our best DL in the BB era. We've been trying to replace him ever since.

Voted for Rodney Harrison... but I really feel this poll is missing one particular former Patriots player....

Bruschi%20headshot.jpg

When you start thinking in these terms then you really start to realize how many damn great players we've had and how many could be huge upgrades to this current team.

My D pick would be Seymour. It all starts upfront.

On O it's gotta be Moss. The combination of Moss,Welker,Gronk,AH would be unfair

Last edited:

I'm with the majority here on both sides of the ball. Willie McGinest for everything about him, he was a leader on the field and a great player too.

On the offensive side of the ball it would have to be prime Randy Moss because I don't think you could stop this offense with that addition.

It's close between Law and Seymour. Both in their prime were bonafide elites at their positions. We all know that winning the battle up front is key in this game so I could see going with Seymour. However I think the biggest issue on the team has been the secondary, especially in the playoffs we have gotten solid pressure on QBs and were fine vs. the run. So I go with Law.

And on a side note, I'm not in any way pointing a finger at Seymour and maybe it is a complete non issue, but Seymour was here in '07 when we let up the famous SB losing drive, Seymour was here in '06 when Manning tore through our defense all throughout the 2nd half, and he was here in '08 when our pass rush was nonexistant. Just thought it was worth mentioning.

It's close between Law and Seymour. Both in their prime were bonafide elites at their positions. We all know that winning the battle up front is key in this game so I could see going with Seymour. However I think the biggest issue on the team has been the secondary, especially in the playoffs we have gotten solid pressure on QBs and were fine vs. the run. So I go with Law.

And on a side note, I'm not in any way pointing a finger at Seymour and maybe it is a complete non issue, but Seymour was here in '07 when we let up the famous SB losing drive, Seymour was here in '06 when Manning tore through our defense all throughout the 2nd half, and he was here in '08 when our pass rush was nonexistant. Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Seymour did have Eli in his grasp in 2007, but he definitely wasn't consistent enough of a player after that year.

Voted for Rodney Harrison... but I really feel this poll is missing one particular former Patriots player....

Bruschi%20headshot.jpg

The guy made tons of big plays in big games. He is the type of player recent teams have been missing, a big play maker. Back then someone always made a big play. It almost felt that way with the Sterling Moore play in the AFCCG and its a play that we just didn't get in the superbowl, or at least not enough of them.

John Hannah. Keeping Brady on his feet that much longer.

Even someone like Otis Smith would have helped this defense.

51Bx4C%2BDncL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:scared: JK ... easy now ... JK

Last edited:

The Defense would be the best place to fix any issues and Rodney would have to be my favorite enforcer over the middle. Then again, how many of his hits would be called penalties in today's NFL?

Randy Moss is a HoF player more so than any of the others, I'll go with him. In 2007 he wasn't in his prime and look what he and brady did. Add Welker and Gronk and you can't double cover 3 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News