PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If we're going to go after jerry porter, shouldn't we go after randy moss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
scout said:
I guess that depends if you want a player that gives up on plays when the game is on the line?

Thank you. Your post is the first post to interject that little tidbit into this thread. Taking plays off is the anti-Patriot way. People forget how the Patriot's win. They often don't win by superior talent. They win by superior planning and superior effort. You don't change that just because this guy is a great talent. Give me a WR with talent, but not as much as Moss, but the heart to claw it out play in and play out, week in and week out, bleeding red-white-blue every week as a team effort to win. Moss keeping his mouth shut in Oakland doesn't change the fact that he did take plays off. I would be shocked to find out that has changed much in Oakland.

mavfan2390 said:
All reports out of Oakland say he's a fantastic teammate and great in the locker room.

Well, that could just mean he fits in well with all the other steroids shooting, HGH popping, raise-hell-in-Tijuana-before-a-playoff-game sorts who frequently don the Raider jersey. Having said this, I'm not opposed to Moss being on the Pats roster. However, I see two reason right off the bat that deters such a scenerio:

1. why would Al trade him unless it's for a ridiculous offer he couldn't possibly refuse which I don't see the Pats FO proposing.

2. according the the NFLPA.org, Moss' salary for '06 is $7.5M with following salaries in the next two years being $9.75M and $11.25M.

Vienna Choir Boy or not, Moss would have to take a serious salary cut or a serious restructure to make this happen.

Last edited:
I did watch the NFLN interview, and Moss clearly said he didn't care about what was going on in Oakland. Not good. He explained that the vets weren't being allowed to be leaders, but then to say he didn't care is not the type of player who will work for the Pats.

Born_a_Patriot said:
I might be wrong but Brady is not the best deep ball thrower.

No, you are right about that. In Brady's early years I gave him a D at throwing the deep ball. By now he's up to a C+.

Last edited:
zarakotas5 said:
Brady Quinn is a prize? Have you seen him play?

Agreed --- that sweepstakes needs to be renamed. Why spend the top pick on the 12th best player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3