PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If we're going to go after jerry porter, shouldn't we go after randy moss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not happening, nice dream though.

Haterproof said:
You don't know that.

Sure I guess, but I'm 99.9% sure of it.

Born_a_Patriot said:
I don't think Moss would fit our system. I might be wrong but Brady is not the best deep ball thrower.

That's not true. Brady had the most completions over 20 yards than any other QB in the league last year.

Also, Moss does a lot more than catch deep balls.

because if they asked for 2 first rounders for Porter..imagine what they would ask for Moss and plus if he wants he can leave after this season..its 1 of those contract things he can excercise

I haven't heard the rumors and I doubt they exist, but...

If they Patriots are interested in Moss: Done deal. Trade one of the first rounders for him. Who cares. Behavioral problems, pffft. Dillon. Pffft. Once in your lives try actually understanding someone else's point of view. More talent than Jerry Rice and still losing, losing, losing. At some point, a point where Moss already has been paid, you get tired of losing. To express that feeling, however in passing or heartfelt, is heard by the masses as nothing more than a malcontent. It should be seen a sign that the man wants to win, yet that it the farthest from general reaction. You hear him complain and react: how dare he, what right does he have, etc. He has every right.

If you were in in his place, with all the vitriol that you expound on sh!t you know little about, how would YOU react. Either you would shut up and cash the checks or you would cash the checks and voice your concern. If neither of the above, well, guess what, tomorrow is wednesday. Gert up early and slave it away and take it out on some guy you know nothing about other than he has the balls to say his employer is falling behind.

Phokus said:
I hear rumblings that moss wants out of oakland... if we're going to go after one malcontent WR, shouldn't we go after the most talented malcontent WR instead?

I guess that depends if you want a player that gives up on plays when the game is on the line?

Just now on NFL Access there was a preview for a Moss interview where he made it clear that if Oakland wanted to trade him that he would be ok with that. I didn't watch the interview itself but that's the condensed teaser.

We will never get Randy Moss and we will win anyway.

Well all I can say is if the Raiders trade Randy Moss they will be a lock for the Brady Quinn sweepstakes.

Brady Quinn is a prize? Have you seen him play?

zarakotas5 said:
Brady Quinn is a prize? Have you seen him play?

Go with Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson. Is Troy Smith eligible after this year? If he continues having the year he's had I wouldn't be suprised if he goes out too, if he's eligible. He's looked a lot better than Brady Quinn.

Last edited:
1st round picks are very valuable for long term building especially when you have the non-dud record BB and Pioli possess. However, while trading any first round pick is tough, if the Pat's were to ship a first rounder to Oakland for super-stud Randy Moss then it would be the equivalent of trading Branch for Moss straight up. I can't picture the NFL allowing the Pats to completely rip-off the entire league that way. Ah, yeah, that's fair: Brady, Maroney, and Moss suddenly on the same team. :rocker:

Moss has 1 td this year, Gabriel (his good friend) has 2 already in just 3 games. You dont think Moss has at least once told Gabriel to bring him over here. You know he's a bit jealous.

I'm sure he'd love to come back with Doug Gabriel. Apparently they were friends or were definitley close to each other when Gabriel was traded. I think that was the main reason Moss was pissed. But I dont see it happening. For one I would be hesitant to get Moss for one of the first rounders. However his salary makes this unrealistic.

No.

Moss is notorious for not giving a **** on plays where the ball isn't going to be coming his way. Corey Dillon had character issues but he's not the sort of player to dog it on the field.

not as easy as it seems..like Raiders would simply say give us a first..especially a late 1..Davis might suck at life..but he doesnt get ripped off over big players..wed probably have to give up both our first rounders + a 3rd if we get lucky. why go after a WR that we honestly dont need that bad to give up our whole draft..if he decides to go FA after this year(contract execerise)..we might look at him

Randy Moss traded to the Pats.

Your opinon?

Yes, it will not happen, but what if?

It is silliness. Chad Jackson. Week 10. Next year. Deion Branch? He caught passes. Breakfast. They like hash browns down south. Home fries are for suckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back