PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If we get lit up by Broncos tonight, I will...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If we get lit up by Broncos tonight, I will ...

.... no longer be a fan of this team. Not for a long time anyway. And yes that means I will no longer post on this board (not for a long time anyway.) I hate Shanahan and Broncos aren't even a quality team this year. And if Pats embarress me with a blowout loss to them tonight (like last week's debacle against can't beat the Bills Chargers), I am no longer a fan of this team. They would not represent me. I'm sorry, but that's how I feel and that's the deal.

This is the closest I've ever been to rooting against the Pats.

Could you just pretend we got blown out even when we win tonight and NEVER come back? PLEASE?

The upside of a down year is that "Pats Fan" ends up with a more honorable connotation.
Anyone else find it funny that Patsfans went from Nice Guys to Arrogant Jerks to Spoiled Brats over the last 10 years?
In 2000 it was impossible to find anyone who would speak poorly of Patsfans in general.
Through last year, when Pats Fans became a criticized group, I felt jealousy had a lot to do with it, but this year, I'm feeling its justified.

Of course the majority of Pats Fans who have been ACTIVE fans longer than the dynasty havent changed (in fact, most seem very modest to a fault about the success) but the overall impression of the fan base certainly has.

Look, the way I look at it, this team gave up on me, a fan. Without me and people like me paying the bills, this team doesn't exist. They let me down by:

- keeping players on the field well past their prime when it would have been easy to upgrade like Bruschi. In years past they had no problem cutting loose Lawyer Milloy if it meant improving the team ... what happened?
- looking the other way at the most important part of any offense: the running game. They knew Maroney wasn't a starter, what have they done about it?
- they allowed themselves to get caught up in pursuit of selfish individual records and irrelevant team records last year, and thus were worn out by time they got to the only game that mattered last year: the Super Bowl;
- they, the coaches, allowed themselves to be completely distracted by Spygate last year. Although I think it was a mostly bogus charge, the staff had the ability to stay focused and instead delivered up the worst, most stale Super Bowl game plan in history;
- they chose not to have a strong backup for Brady, thinking somehow he was a robot that would never miss a game. And now we are in the less than capable hands of a guy that hadn't started a game since High School. I don't blame Cassell, again it's the coaches and cheapo owner's fault.

If a team like that represents you and you feel deserves your dollar, it is your choice of course to support them. To me it's wasting hard earned dollars on some perverted sense of loyalty.

To the OP... I realize that you're upset with the season so far.

Many fans are.

But, you cannot bail out.

Well, I mean - you shouldn't.

Wow.You could not have been around for the lean years.
Bye

I so want to type "Go Donks!" but no, I cannot.

Wow.You could not have been around for the lean years.
Bye

I'd pretty much bet everything I own that he wasn't. lol

Hell i would venture to say 70% of this board wasn't.

.... no longer be a fan of this team. Not for a long time anyway. And yes that means I will no longer post on this board (not for a long time anyway.) I hate Shanahan and Broncos aren't even a quality team this year. And if Pats embarress me with a blowout loss to them tonight (like last week's debacle against can't beat the Bills Chargers), I am no longer a fan of this team. They would not represent me. I'm sorry, but that's how I feel and that's the deal.

You can't imagine how relieving that is. Maybe we SHOULD root for the Donkeys...

I echo this.....

x3

This team can be 1-15 and I will still root for them..
I am and always will be a fan, although maybe more of a pessimist than some of you here :)

I'd pretty much bet everything I own that he wasn't. lol

Hell i would venture to say 70% of this board wasn't.

I've been around since I've been watching football. 1996-present. But I heard there were much rougher years than this.

Look, the way I look at it, this team gave up on me, a fan. Without me and people like me paying the bills, this team doesn't exist. They let me down by:

- keeping players on the field well past their prime when it would have been easy to upgrade like Bruschi. In years past they had no problem cutting loose Lawyer Milloy if it meant improving the team ... what happened?
- looking the other way at the most important part of any offense: the running game. They knew Maroney wasn't a starter, what have they done about it?
- they allowed themselves to get caught up in pursuit of selfish individual records and irrelevant team records last year, and thus were worn out by time they got to the only game that mattered last year: the Super Bowl;
- they, the coaches, allowed themselves to be completely distracted by Spygate last year. Although I think it was a mostly bogus charge, the staff had the ability to stay focused and instead delivered up the worst, most stale Super Bowl game plan in history;
- they chose not to have a strong backup for Brady, thinking somehow he was a robot that would never miss a game. And now we are in the less than capable hands of a guy that hadn't started a game since High School. I don't blame Cassell, again it's the coaches and cheapo owner's fault.

If a team like that represents you and you feel deserves your dollar, it is your choice of course to support them. To me it's wasting hard earned dollars on some perverted sense of loyalty.

Good riddance. You've probably heard this one before, but just in case you didn't or maybe forgot.....winners never quit and quitters never win. You my friend are a quitter. Good luck with your new team, whoever they may be!

You are basing your entire existence as a Pats fan on this one game? You are joking, right?

they, the coaches, allowed themselves to be completely distracted by Spygate last yeary

Credibility has gone from zero to the the negatives.

This guy's act is getting old. The Practice Squad forum is made for his threads.

A true fan sticks through thick and thin. Win or loose make errors or great choices.

I am having a pretty crappy time as a sports fan ATM Blue jays sucks as always but I still root for them. my local basketball and rugby team have both been in dog fight at the bottom of leagues. The youth football team I played for went 9-1 in their season which was great but the adult team went 0-10. My beloved Soccer team Newcastle UTD are in a world of sh!t. The pats i thought would be there with another great season I expected 14-2. I now hope for 10-6. But no matter how bad any thing as got for these teams I still pay money for caps jerseys etc.

Farve and manning have both been like Robots lost of other QB's have gone whole careers with out season ending injuries.
How is having 5 RB's and a FB on the team neglect?
Tedy still makes plays only 2 players have more tackles than him.

It actually makes me feel sorry for him. Tom if you're reading these responses YOU haven't won or lost anything, the Patriots can't "embarress" you because frankly they're not out on the field for you, they don't try to "Win one for Newton Tom Cat" and when they lose they don't slink back to the locker rooms thinking "Crap, we really let Newton Tom Cat down..." they don't know you and they don't frankly care about your opinion, the only people that DO vaguely know you exist are the people that read your fairweather comments and you're showing your true colors as someone who only roots for the winning team and is only there during the good times.

Loyalty is the ONE THING we as fans pay with to the teams we follow. We pay with our hearts to these teams, we support sites such as this one to show our loyalty and when they hurt we hurt. We are sometimes rewarded with winning seasons and the opportunity to spend more of our hard earned dollars to purchase some memento of a glorious season that we can reflect back upon during the leaner years. This is an act of love, it promises no rewards but it is what every true fan does season after season.

What you don't understand or possibly don't care to understand is that really it reflects bad upon your personality. What kind of a friend could you be to someone if you're only there during the good times? What sense of pride could you possibly have? How would you like to have a run of bad luck only to find that people who professed to care about you abandoned you when you needed them most?

You were never a fan of the Patriots, NTC. You're delusional if you think you were and we'd all really appreciate it if you rooted for the competition.

the thread almost makes me want to root for the broncos. almost but not quite.

Even though the Pats won, feel free to stop cheering for them.

Jerka$s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back