PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Walsh has tapes, then why now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry can't read the article for lack of time but Goodell was on Football Night in America and several other news organizations after Spygate broke, he did not go into hiding and make himself unavailable to the press for 6 months, sorry that is a lame-ass excuse for this story breaking on the eve of the Super Bowl.

yeah, but was he ever on an open press conference? I could be wrong (busy student, no tv, etc.) but I don't remember him ever addressing the press in particular. Being on shows catering to football and press conferences are two different things. Going onto a news conference and holding a press conference are two totally different things. Most news shows (hard ball, 20/20, etc.) are set up by inviting a guest, and typically that guest will say he or she will come only if the host agrees to avert a particular subject (paris Hilton and Jail (bad example, though that Letterman interview was funny as hell), Angelina Jolie refusing to answer questions about her father, etc.). At a press conference, any thing goes. I'll wager that if Goodell was going to go on a show to promote a league, he was getting softballs thrown his way, or he wouldn't agree to go on the show.

Once again, I'm horribly out of the loop, but that could be what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes