PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If this is Bill’s last season as HC, who do you want as a replacement?

Not everyone who excels in college wants to be, or is cut out to be, an NFL coach. Hell, Nick Saban tried it and quit after one season.

Plus being Coach Prime gives him recruiting advantages at the college level he can't really utilize in the NFL.
I'm well aware of that. It's just a thought to float. None of us knows what the future holds.

My recommendation, not that it's worth a lot, is that we fire Bill now and bring in Mayo to show what he can do with a bad situation for the balance of the season. If that doesn't work out, then go out and hire a new coach, but I would say that we would need a Coach/GM tandem that can and will work well together.

My recommendation, not that it's worth a lot, is that we fire Bill now and bring in Mayo to show what he can do with a bad situation for the balance of the season. If that doesn't work out, then go out and hire a new coach, but I would say that we would need a Coach/GM tandem that can and will work well together.
I don't think Robert Kraft would humiliate Bill like that after the last 20+ years. At Bob's age, he really doesn't want to cut ties with Bill because of the unknown with a new coach and front office. But, he will have no choice if the season continues to spiral out of control the way it is and Bill loses to another former assistant Coach coming up in Dabol. Each loss is a really bad look on Bill's legacy and the national media has finally picked up on it. The only way I see Bill keeping his job is by giving up his GM responsibilities and cleans out his coaching staff. I wouldn't be opposed to them bringing back Pioli, Dimetroff or Robinson.

I would give a blank check to Jim Harbaugh if he wanted to come here. Which he might be willing to do. The defense has pieces

And we could be looking at a high pick to get a quarterback of his choosing.

I love bill. But it might be time for a new voice. This rebuild post Brady has been bungled and starts with him. Hiring Patricia was the beginning of the end

************. You wanna fire a legend in the middle of the season. Good god no.

Bill will not be fired. Ever. It will be a resignation

I don't think Robert Kraft would humiliate Bill like that after the last 20+ years. At Bob's age, he really doesn't want to cut ties with Bill because of the unknown with a new coach and front office. But, he will have no choice if the season continues to spiral out of control the way it is and Bill loses to another former assistant Coach coming up in Dabol. Each loss is a really bad look on Bill's legacy and the national media has finally picked up on it. The only way I see Bill keeping his job is by giving up his GM responsibilities and cleans out his coaching staff. I wouldn't be opposed to them bringing back Pioli, Dimetroff or Robinson.
But does Kraft trust Bill to make personnel decisions at trade deadline?

Guy coached the Patriots to six Super Bowls. You can debate to what extent all you want, but the fact remains is that he played a role in us experiencing the greatest run in American sports history. Literally, no fan base in sports is as lucky as are.

I can’t believe there’s a-holes out here who want to fire Belichick in the middle of a season- a season apparently going nowhere. If you want him gone at the end of the season, sure, there’s a conversation to be had, but you don’t fire him in the middle of the season.

I always thought Patriots fans (and New England sports fans in general) were the best and most knowledgeable in the sports; it’s post like the one above that make me realize I was very wrong.

Guy coached the Patriots to six Super Bowls. You can debate to what extent all you want, but the fact remains is that he played a role in us experiencing the greatest run in American sports history. Literally, no fan base in sports is as lucky as are.

I can’t believe there’s a-holes out here who want to fire Belichick in the middle of a season- a season apparently going nowhere. If you want him gone at the end of the season, sure, there’s a conversation to be had, but you don’t fire him in the middle of the season.

I always thought Patriots fans (and New England sports fans in general) were the best and most knowledgeable in the sports; it’s post like the one above that make me realize I was very wrong.
I don't appreciate being a called an a-hole because you disagree with me. That this is your recourse speaks to your character.

As to firing Bill, note that it was Bill who wanted to get rid of Brady after years of excellence and while he was still good, not after four years of sucking which Bill certainly has.

My GM pick would be Brady, if he was willing
The meltdown here would be insane great , I hope the servers are ready for this

Mayo! Looks good on defense and sounds the part. Oozes leadership.

I don't appreciate being a called an a-hole because you disagree with me. That this is your recourse speaks to your character.

As to firing Bill, note that it was Bill who wanted to get rid of Brady after years of excellence and while he was still good, not after four years of sucking which Bill certainly has.

That you want to fire Belichick in the middle of the season to accomplish nothing but embarrassing him speaks to your character not mine, my friend.

Lincoln Riley, USC head coach and qb guru

Last edited:
But does Kraft trust Bill to make personnel decisions at trade deadline?
Probably not. I don't think Bob will want to trade for anybody until the off-season.

I think the fire Bill midseason viewpoint is more because bill is stuck on to his old ways and might not play the younger guys because of his old policies and might be trying to eke our wins to help his individual record as opposed to helping pats rebuild for the future.

If Bill takes decision for the benefit of the team and its future , it's okay. But at this point if he looks to mitigate criticism towards his records and getting closer to shula, it serves us no purpose.

We need Boutte, Douglas, Thornton, reagor to play all the remaining games so that at least 2 of them are part of our future.

I don't think Parker and JuJu are . If they play it's just sunk cost fallacy and bill trying to prove that his decisions are correct. If we play the rookies and sophomores , it would indirectly imply that bill goofed up the off-season in wr evaluation and bill does not want to admit it. Same issue as Nkeal Harry and Wynn and hiring Patricia and judge.

ted-lasso-season-3-1630627846.jpg

Nobody else but this guy as replacement...

My GM pick would be Brady, if he was willing

We don‘t know if Brady can do the job. Being a great QB doesn’t necessarily mean he can scout great talent or put together a team. He might be able to.

Elway did a great job when he had Manning, but sucked after Manning retired. And a lot of the key players were already in place when he took over. Lynch is doing a good job, but he screwed up the Lance pick royally and got lucky with Purdy. Those are the only recent former player GMs I can think of. Of course there is Ozzie Newsome, but he was from a different generation and moved up the ranks.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back