PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Sox win tonight they win the series

Its tough watching this lineup.They have looked awful!!!!!!!!!!!

I definately give credit to the Rays. They're doing everything right! And our damn bats can't come alive! AHHH THIS IS PAINFUL TO WATCH!

5 runs is no biggie but this team cant even score 2 runs.

This is tough to watch.I am not given up because 5 runs is do-able but this team has been listless after game 2.Its been pathetic to watch.

Now Del Carmen is gonna put it out of reach.

This series was over after we dumped game 2. We all knew it, but had to go through the rest of the series to prove is.

My dead grandmother has move life in her then this lineup.

Now Papelbon is in the game.Looks like Francona is just throwing people out there for the hell off it.

5-0 already. As I was saying, we are done. Ortiz is finished, crisp and ellsbury both suck at hitting, although they are speedy. Beckett, our alleged ace, has sucked all year. Lowrie ain't all that. Lowell is a geriatric. VTek sucks, period. We got a bit of rebuilding to do on this team.

:D

10char

so we lose Game 6 instead. BFD. More fun for Rays fans to have their boys at home.

PS, what kind of man has a picture of Matt Cassel in their profile? Can you say "pathetic"?;)

PS, what kind of man has a picture of Matt Cassel in their profile? Can you say "pathetic"?;)

Sure can and props to you for being able to spell it!
smiley-thumbsup.jpg

All i can say is wow.I turn off the tv and go to sleep and i wake up and see this nonsense again.:DTalk about a miracle!!!!!!

Now Beckett gets a chance to redeem himself.Lets see if he can do it.Maybe Papi found his swing.Lets see.I am happy that at least we live another day.

Go sox!!! Wooo

All i can say is wow.I turn off the tv and go to sleep and i wake up and see this nonsense again.:DTalk about a miracle!!!!!!

Now Beckett gets a chance to redeem himself.Lets see if he can do it.Maybe Papi found his swing.Lets see.I am happy that at least we live another day.

Papi got his groove back? Sounds like a movie.

Seems like fans of both teams are guilty of counting their chickens before the eggs hatch. TBS was acting as if the game was over in the 4th inning - not exactly the way to go about things if you want viewers to stay tuned in, by the way - and Rays fans were surely celebrating a victory early too. Now that the Sox won the game, I'd say it's rather premature to assume the Sox are going to win the series, just because they've come from behind before.

In the Rays favor: two games at home, where they've had a great won-loss record this year; their best pitcher, James Shields, who is much better at home; the fact they have come back time after time this year when all the 'experts' proclaimed them dead (after the losing streak at the all-star break, after Longoria got hurt, after Crawford got hurt, after Percival got hurt, etc.); Beckett is pitching with a strained oblique.

In the Sox favor: experience to pressure and comeback history. Lester has not had bad back-to-back games since I don't know, maybe never. Beckett may be the best clutch playoff pitcher in all of baseball. But most importantly, the look and body language of the rays last two pitchers; it reminded me of Calvin Schiraldi in '86. After having pitched with poise all year, they seemed to be really gripping last night. On top of that, their closer, Wheeler, seemed to have lost some speed on his fastball; don't forget he pitched 3+ innings in that extra inning game - it may have affected him. If he can't go, who does Tampa have to close for them? Balfour, after last night's tank job? The rookie called up in September, David Price? Their 5th starter, Edwin Jackson?

Whatever happens, Saturday night should be a great game for all baseball fans based on all the subplots and questions.

The rays want to finish it in 6 games and not go 7.I think they would be even tighter in a game 7.I hope we have a game 7.Nothing better then do or die games.

The Rays better win tonight.. If we get to Game 7, I think the Sox win.. I'm worried about Beckett tonight though.. He's obviously hurt and doesn't have his usual velocity.. Sox will need 6 or 7 runs to win tonight against 'Big Game' James..

I'm so happy I didnt go to bed that game. Sucks for the fans that left in the 6th!

HOPEFULLY this is what the bats will be like in the next game(s).
Ortiz sent me back to 04 against the Yanks with his clutch 3 run homer:rolleyes:

Beckett is a big time pitcher. Looks to be hurt, but I got this gut feeling that he'll put it all out there tonight and keep us in the game.

Sox need to grab the lead first! I'm sick of watching them trying to catch-up. Even though game 5 was awesome!

GO SOX!

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back