PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Ravens lose - Who do we play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth are you all terrified on Pittsburgh?

They've done jack all year.

At this point, it's impossible for the Steelers to be the 5 seed. Houston would get it over them.

So ... if the steelers get in, they play the 3 seed. The only way the steelers get in, is if the Jets lose (along with Denver/Balt), meaning the Bengals win. If the Bengals win, they are the 3 seed.

So it's impossible for you guys to play the Steelers till the Championship game. (Hope that doesn't happen, I couldn't take another upset to the Steelers).

Apologies if this has been posted. I haven't read everything here.

Why on earth are you all terrified on Pittsburgh?

They've done jack all year.

Are you daft ? Do you want to see Troy P and that defense walk into Gillette with Mr. Magic Big Ben himself, with all the playoff experience plus the extra motivation to pay our arses back for 01 and 04 are you serious ? No effin way.

At this point, it's impossible for the Steelers to be the 5 seed. Houston would get it over them.

So ... if the steelers get in, they play the 3 seed. The only way the steelers get in, is if the Jets lose (along with Denver/Balt), meaning the Bengals win. If the Bengals win, they are the 3 seed.

So it's impossible for you guys to play the Steelers till the Championship game. (Hope that doesn't happen, I couldn't take another upset to the Steelers).

Apologies if this has been posted. I haven't read everything here.

I just explained why Pitt would be the 5-seed, better division record over Houston. Please read my prior post.

Are you daft ? Do you want to see Troy P and that defense walk into Gillette with Mr. Magic Big Ben himself, with all the playoff experience plus the extra motivation to pay our arses back for 01 and 04 are you serious ? No effin way.

I'll take the odds of us beating ANYONE at Gillette vs playing ANYONE elsewhere.

Let's see if I can summarize.

1. Ravens win, then the Pats play Baltimore
  2. Ravens lose, Broncos win, then Pats play Denver
  3. Ravens lose, Broncos lose, Jets lose, then Pats play Pittsburgh
  4. Ravens lose, Broncos lose, Jets win, then Pats play Houston

Is going to come down to # 3 or 4 guys.

Thank you Jamarcus

Are you even reading the thread? It's impossible for a Steelers-Patriots matchup next week. If they meet, it's in the AFC Championship

jamarcus russel is simplifying the playoff picture.

Are you even reading the thread? It's impossible for a Steelers-Patriots matchup next week. If they meet, it's in the AFC Championship

Are you ready the damn thread?, because I am. I just explained how Pitt can easily become the 5-seed and come to Foxboro, please read.......

I just explained why Pitt would be the 5-seed, better division record over Houston. Please read my prior post.

Division record is irrelevant in tie-breakers outside of division.
1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

Houston wins it over Pit there.

Division record is irrelevant in tie-breakers outside of division.
1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

Houston wins it over Pit there.

Are you sure about that ? I thought this occurs only when 3 or more teams are tied. When it's just 2 teams, I always thought division record is a part of it. I could be wrong.......

Are you ready the damn thread?, because I am. I just explained how Pitt can easily become the 5-seed and come to Foxboro, please read.......

I am "ready" the damn thread and the tiebreak procedure you're going by is wrong. Pittsburgh-NE cannot happen next week.

Are you sure about that ? I thought this occurs only when 3 or more teams are tied. When it's just 2 teams, I always thought division record is a part of it. I could be wrong.......

I'll wait till all the games are over to see WHO we play if/when the Ravens lose :)

here's what I'm using: NFL Tie-Breaking Procedures

Division record only applies within division (gives Baltimore the tie-breaker over Pit).

Conference record plays a part, but Houston & Pit are both @ 6-6.

jamarcus russell=ravens come to gillette

here's what I'm using: NFL Tie-Breaking Procedures

Division record only applies within division (gives Baltimore the tie-breaker over Pit).

Conference record plays a part, but Houston & Pit are both @ 6-6.

I stand corrected. We cannot play the black and gold under any scenario.

Here we go Jamarcus !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I agree. We cannot play PITT next week. If PITT gets in, we will be playing HOU.

I am "ready" the damn thread and the tiebreak procedure you're going by is wrong. Pittsburgh-NE cannot happen next week.

We're playing Baltimore unless there's a crazy unforeseen play in the next 2:49 in the Raiders game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back