PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Ravens lose - Who do we play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ravens lose - Who do we play?

If the Ravens win, the Pats play Baltimore.

If the Ravens lose, then it depends on what happens with Denver.

Ravens lose and Broncos win, the Pats play Denver.

Ravens lose and Broncos lose, the Pats play Houston.

The only exception would be some combination of a half-dozen games which would switch the Strength of Victory tiebreaker with Cincinnati. Other than that, the Bengals-Jets game is pretty much irrelevant.

So there is absolutely no way we play the Steelers ?

First of all, you need to learn how to use the "quote" button. That will go a long way to help you understanding "so many posts."

Simply put, the Texans clinch if two of Jets, Broncos, Ravens lose. The Steelers clinch if all three of those lose.

thanks for the info.
Raiders moving for the lead as we speak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nope. In fact the only way the Steelers get in at all is if the Ravens and Broncos lose, then the Bengals decide they want to face the Steelers and play to beat the Jets. So you can pretty much stick a fork in Pittsburgh

Last edited:

Houston's win today ensured that.

Had we won, we were #3, and then if Baltimore or NYJ lost, Pittsburgh moves to #6 and we would have played them.

But now, no longer. Impossible.

Chiefs just went up 10 on Denver. WOW!

You're co-signing something that's impossible. The Jets and Steelers can't be the two wild cards. The Steelers need the Jets to lose to make it, which would eliminate the Jets.

not so much cosigning the Jets Steelers part but I dont want to see the steelers in the Playoffs.

If the Ravens win, the Pats play Baltimore.

If the Ravens lose, then it depends on what happens with Denver.

Ravens lose and Broncos win, the Pats play Denver.

Ravens lose and Broncos lose, the Pats play Houston.

The only exception would be some combination of a half-dozen games which would switch the Strength of Victory tiebreaker with Cincinnati. Other than that, the Bengals-Jets game is pretty much irrelevant.

WE may play Houston in a rematch.
Chiefs up by 10 now.
Interesting

Last edited by a moderator:

Houston's win today ensured that.

Had we won, we were #3, and then if Baltimore or NYJ lost, Pittsburgh moves to #6 and we would have played them.

But now, no longer. Impossible.

Yeah, I think you're right. I was thinking the Steelers would be the 5th seed and the Texans the 6th.

KC + OAK wins = Us vs Houston regardless of tonight.

I still don't see how we can't play the Steelers. Let's assume both Balt and Denver lose and the Jets lose. The puts Houston and Pittsburgh in. And under that scenario, who would be the 5 and 6 ? Because we are the 4 under that scenario and wouldn't the Steelers be the 5 ?

HOU@NE becoming more possible

14-13 BAL 3rd qtr
27-17 KC 3rd qtr

I don't know the Ravens are making Jamarcus Russel Look like Kenny Stabler out there?

Yeah, Ravens may not be as good as I thought they were.

They aren't who I thought they were!

INT

Oh crap........

If the Ravens, Jets and Broncos lose (a good chance as it stands now). We play Pittsburgh. Both Houston and Pitt would be 9-7, both would be 6-6 in conference and Pitt has the better division record. That would mean Pitt is the 5 and they would play us...................oh no !!!!!!!!!!

Here's the strength of schedule for Pats & Bengals (assuming loss for the bengals tonight)

Pats - 69 wins
Still Pending - Bal, Ten, Jax

Bengals - 67 wins vs 10 teams
Still Pending - GB, Bal x2 *
*With one of KC/Den assured to win, that puts them at 67.

At best, the Bengals can tie. A quick glance at the next tie-breaker seems like the Pats would win that. I'm sure once the current games are over we'll get an official determination, but with a Cincy loss, fairly sure you guys are the 3.

I still don't see how we can't play the Steelers. Let's assume both Balt and Denver lose and the Jets lose. The puts Houston and Pittsburgh in. And under that scenario, who would be the 5 and 6 ? Because we are the 4 under that scenario and wouldn't the Steelers be the 5 ?
I edited that comment, but it's worth repeating.

Steelers only hope to get in the playoffs is for the Jets, Ravens and Broncos to all lose. In that case the Pats would probably play the Steelers. Denver is losing right now, but Baltimore just went up by 8 with 13 minutes left.

Jamarcus Russell may have just ensured that we pllay Baltimore. Unreal how bad that guy is

I say we hope the Ravens win and not play this scenario. I want to play the Ravens, they might be the weakest team still alive in the playoff hunt on the AFC side. Although I don't think the Jets scare me since the Pats match up well with them with the defense at full strength. The Pats can stop the run and Sanchez can't exploit the Pats secondary with Bodden in there.

Oh crap........

If the Ravens, Jets and Broncos lose (a good chance as it stands now). We play Pittsburgh. Both Houston and Pitt would be 9-7, both would be 6-6 in conference and Pitt has the better division record. That would mean Pitt is the 5 and they would play us...................oh no !!!!!!!!!!

****tttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Oh crap........

No, we'd play Houston. The next tiebreaker after AFC record is common opponents and Houston wins that, so they'd be 5 and Pitt would play Cincy. There's no way Cincy will play its starters and win to set up a match with Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News