PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Moss gets a bad case of slowlegshortarmitis...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would be benched but i think this is all on Cassel.I am not his biggest fan.:rolleyes:

Cassel needs to throw low and hard like Brady does to save a WR's life.
Remember how Branch would fall to the ground with the first sign of contact? I don't think Moss will do that...but you can't ask Moss to lay out with a Safety+CB+LB within 3 yards of him on a 6yd slant on 3rd and 11.
That kind of stuff is for the Welker/Troy Brown types who are so small you can't get a clean hit on them.

The Patriots are 2-1 so far in the Matt Cassel era. It's not the end of the world. I would like to see better play all-around from the team, but I'm not going to panic about anything unless there aren't improvements by late October.

We won't know exactly how Moss feels until he says it himself. His actions from my outside view are that he's not trying as hard as last year, and I'm thinking it is because he came to NE to play with Brady. Week 1 he was the only player who said Pollard's hit was "dirty" even though he didn't see it. He was obviously frustrated. Week 2 he drops a deep ball that hits him right in the chest. Last week he gives up on a play when it looked like he was going to take a big hit. To me, and it's just my internet opinion, he's just going through the motions until he can get to next year back with Tom. I would love for him to get a rapport with Cassel, but it looks like it may take a while. Randy's not exactly the guy who wants to be everyone's friend.

People are stepping on your sack because you've developed a case of threadstartingitis. On the heels I might add of a case of hystericallypostingtoomuchitis. After 3 months as a member you at an astonishing 12,000 per season pace hotshot. Posting at that pace usually bodes bad endings here...

Wow, did you write that all on your own? You should grab a job with cold hard football facts, what with them thar researching and number crunching skills. I know I'd vouch for ya.

And man, you shouldn't post in the threads I start, it only encourages me to post again. Don't feed the trolls, remember?

Last edited:
We won't know exactly how Moss feels until he says it himself. His actions from my outside view are that he's not trying as hard as last year, and I'm thinking it is because he came to NE to play with Brady. Week 1 he was the only player who said Pollard's hit was "dirty" even though he didn't see it. He was obviously frustrated. Week 2 he drops a deep ball that hits him right in the chest. Last week he gives up on a play when it looked like he was going to take a big hit. To me, and it's just my internet opinion, he's just going through the motions until he can get to next year back with Tom. I would love for him to get a rapport with Cassel, but it looks like it may take a while. Randy's not exactly the guy who wants to be everyone's friend.

reiss had a point in his mailbag. moss is a lot like BB, shows his reactions to win/losses outwardly. you see BB as sour and pissed after a loss ..moss is a lot the same .

Pats's receivers are frustrated with Cassuck and i don't blame them.

reiss had a point in his mailbag. moss is a lot like BB, shows his reactions to win/losses outwardly. you see BB as sour and pissed after a loss ..moss is a lot the same .

That's true. When they won last week Moss said all the right things. Then this week he seemed to dog it again. We'll have to see what happens over the next few games.

Go back to last year, watch the bomb from Brady to Moss against the Jets when he split 2 (or was it 3) defenders for the TD. Focus solely on Randy Moss. Then picture the same play without the defenders. Moss never "looks" like he is trying, that's just him but it doesn't mean he's dogging it.

I read that also and feel like Mike's probably right on with that assessment. I also agree with his overall take on Moss' actions Sunday: it's nothing to get worked up about but might be something to keep half an eye on going forward.

Anyone watching the game with TiVO/DVR would notice that Moss seemed to be really into throwing his blocks. Especially on running plays in which he would have to cut to the inside of the offensive line and double team the Dolphins' DL. So I don't think he's completely given up on the season. As someone else said, I just don't think he was willing to get his head taken off by a linebacker, a CB, and a safety for 4 yards (something which, if you have watched Moss over his career, he has never been willing to do).

Gotta love the boston fan base. at this rate we will run Randy out of town before he gets a chance to play with Brady again.

He was not dogging it. Anyone who says he was is using one play to jump to conclusions and than falling in line with the media who would love nothing more than to create controversy.

And to suggest that he is taking plays off is a huge insult.....and the insult isn't to Randy (as his past rep is to blame) it is To Bill Belichick.

I mean come on guys give Belichick the benifit of the doubt that he knows when his players are playing hard and that he wouldn't put a guy on the field who isn't.

Last edited:
That's probably why you aren't a star in the NFL and your posting drivel on some other teams message board because your team is in shambles. You have no idea how we do things here, or how we won 3 Lombardi's. Go home.

1- You make it sound like I want to be a star in NFL, no thanks, that's not me.
2- I may have no idea how you "do things here", but I do know your team is in shambles with a QB who is new to NFL and a running game that is in the ground
3- Congratulations on your 3 Lombardi's, pretty sure that was the past, and whats going on with the Pats is in the present.

Judging from your post, I understand you are an ignorant Pat's fan, and thats fine .. but it was a terrible attempt to insult me.

oh and btw, my team is doing fine .. just for the record.

Moss is over rated. He only plays when he wants to. I knew this would be a problem when Brady went down. We are in big, big trouble. The only reason we will win 8 or 9 games this year is because we have the leagues easiest schedule.

McLawson, I agree with you. There are a lot of Patriots sheep on here making excuses for him, but Moss is the guy who has done what he's done in the past, and he's the guy who said no one can make him play; he plays when he wants to. When you combine all of that with what what he did on Sunday, he has to expect he's going to have people question his desire.

And to the people complaining that Cassel doesn't throw it to him, you're not paying attention to how Moss is running his routes much of the time. He's not getting open, and don't give me the crap about "just put it in the vicinity, and he'll catch it."

Bench him? I think you need to relax. What do you expect. He is playing hard. Just because he does not go off for 10-150 and 2TDs doesnt mean he isnt trying hard. the Media fools are always so quick to try and bring down the pats and show a few plays where he "may" be taking off is a joke to me. they twist the news in any way they can in poor attempts to increase their viewership

You bench Moss and teams will take the extra player and put him right in the box every down. You think Cassel was getting smacked last game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes