PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If it's not Pats vs. Colts in the AFCCG, I will feel cheated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the impulse--if I could go in a time machine to after the Super Bowl, if I saw that the Pats won, I might say it would be ultimately satisfying to have beaten the Colts again as well. If for no other reason than they are perceived as the second best team, won last year, etc. It's analagous to the Sox in 2004--I didn't ROOT for the Yankees to get there, or ROOT for the Sox to fall behind 3-0, but collectively it made for an amazing experience.

Having said that, emotionally I cannot make the leap to rooting for any other team to do well, and intellectually I'd probably NOT want to see the Colts, because they do appear to be the next best team.

But, whatever will be, will be, so bring on whoever.

After the calls the Colts got in the first game, I don't know how anyone could be rooting for a re-match. The Pats were fortunate to win that one; I'd rather take my chances with 11-on-11 than 11-on-20.

As far as feeling cheated, as someone else said, if the Colts can't win a divisional round at home, they are not one of the two best teams in the AFC.

If Idon't see Indy again, it's fine with me.
And besides, can you imagine the HYPE that we'd all have to deal with that week?

To hell with the Colts. I will never, EVER!, root for them to win a game. I hate the Colts and want to see them lose their next three games and in the first round of the playoffs. I will be just as entertained to see the Pats play the Browns, Jaguars, and Vikings in the playoffs as I would be to see them play the Steelers, Colts, and Cowboys (or Packers).

There was a similar debate regarding the Sox playing the Yanks in the ALCS. Do I feel any less "fulfilled" because the Sox didn't go through the Yanks to win the 2007 World Series?

uh, no.

Nor will I take any less joy in the Pats winning this year's Super Bowl, REGARDLESS of who they beat. As long as Indy loses I don't care if it's to us or Pittsburgh or whoever.

I think the most compelling games would be Pats/Colts then Pats/Cowboys or packers(to avenge our SB loss to them)

However, I want the undefeated season more than anything. It would be so cool to have that for years. We can have compelling games next year. This year I want 19-0! So if Buffalo makes it to the AFCCG great! If the 6th seed in the NFC makes it to the superbowl, even better.

It was nice having those hard playoff games in the old days and winning them. This year, I just want the W! (and the all the records too!)

I want this team to go 19-0. I don't care if they don't play the Colts or Cowboys. Frankly, if the team could find a way to win the Super Bowl by playing against the Dolphins, Jest and Falcons in the playoffs and Super Bowl, I'd be thrilled.

I'll take a win over the Browns to get to he SB.
Who cares!

It doesn't matter who we face. I'd rather not see the Colts again, but if we must, then so be it!

The Pats aren't preparing for anyone but the Jets right now. Why would we not be doing the same?
As of today there are only three known teams and one ?, not 3 ??? on the schedule.

still. Colts vs. Pats is what CBS wants. and i imagine alot of fans as well (NE and INDY) i am worried about a Browns upset. it could happen.

I'd rather not see the Colts in the AFCCG. After the shenanigans that went on in the 1st game, I simply do not put it past the NFL to have their highest rated game of all time go in favor of the saintly Colts.

The media coverage would be as big as any Superbowl, the story lines would be National Enquirer worthy, and the NFL good restore 'order' by having 'good' triumph over 'evil'.

Last year's AFCCG was pretty unbearable, then this year's regular season matchup went a step further in terms of shadiness. I couldn't imagine what would take place in this year's playoffs.

They'll probably instate a rule to allow Harrison to wear a jetpack if he's able to play in the game.

i'M ROOTING for Pats post season domination.
After all we will be debated forever as the Greatest of All Time.
The imperfect 85 Bears dominated the Post season,
so if we are perfect we should have dominance to further our argument.

SCREW the Colts if they can't beat other teams who cares?
By the way, Pittsburgh, San Diego and Indy all had significant injury losses this week...

Bumping, b/c I definitely stand by this. I can't root for those punk Chargers tomorrow. Sure, the Colts matchup is immeasurably harder, but it should and will occur.

Bumping, b/c I definitely stand by this. I can't root for those punk Chargers tomorrow. Sure, the Colts matchup is immeasurably harder, but it should and will occur.

A part of me feels like a Pats/Colts AFC title game is too good to be true, that's why I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chargers catch Indy looking ahead tomorrow. Should be a great game though.

A part of me feels like a Pats/Colts AFC title game is too good to be true, that's why I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chargers catch Indy looking ahead tomorrow. Should be a great game though.

I just can't see the Chargers posing a threat to the Colts...though I thought the Jags wouldn't put up much of a fight against the Pats, and they did, so odds are I'll be wrong again.

Anything less than pats-colts is a ripoff to me for the afccg. But then again after that game what is the superbowl for either of these two teams but a victory lap. Its pretty sad when the acfccg is better then the superbowl.

What are the chances that a Norv Turner/Phil Rivers led team goes into Indy with their pumped in crowd noise and biased officiating and beats Dungy/Manning in a playoff game? Would you take that bet straight up? Not a chance! You're gonna get your wish BradyManny. Indy will be here next week. Mark it down.

Anything less than pats-colts is a ripoff to me for the afccg. But then again after that game what is the superbowl for either of these two teams but a victory lap. Its pretty sad when the acfccg is better then the superbowl.

Packers looked strong today....though you take any NFC game with a grain of salt.

My only worry, as a Pats fan, is that even if we survive a battle with the Colts, what's the toll on the team? I'm sure many Colts fans feel the same way for their team. Thank god for the Super Bowl bye week. Otherwise, the NFC team is at a distinct advantage for having taken a much easier path to the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft