PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If he could get it together....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPF

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
he would pose a big match up problem as a 3rd WR. Bring Rogers in this year and slowly allow him to learn the offense and get 100% healthy. If he develops next year he can be our "3rd" 1st Rd pick, if he does not the short money it would take to bring him in is not a big risk. We tried it with Terrell and it didn't work out but this kid seems to have more upside.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2590136

What would a day be at Patsfans.com without a Charles Rogers thread?

Forget Rogers. Our 4 WR, in whatever order you like, are Jackson, Gabriel, Calwell, Brown. Now the first 3 just need to learn the offense and get in synch with Brady.

That would really be a desparate move. If the Pats did that then I would be worried, right now I'm not.

BradyisGod said:
What would a day be at Patsfans.com without a Charles Rogers thread?

you took the words right out of my mouth man. I'm so sick of these charles rogers threads (almost as sick of it as people mistaking him for carlos rogers). I think the recieving core will be fine.

The friggin' Lions didn't want him. NOBODY wants him. There's a reason he's still a free agent. The Dolphins even brought him in for a workout and, even though they employ some of his college coaches and other people related to him that want to see him succeed, they STILL didn't like what they saw. That was pretty much the last straw for me.

Gon_Trevil said:
The friggin' Lions didn't want him. NOBODY wants him. There's a reason he's still a free agent. The Dolphins even brought him in for a workout and, even though they employ some of his college coaches and other people related to him that want to see him succeed, they STILL didn't like what they saw. That was pretty much the last straw for me.

And Miami seems to have an attraction to attitude problems.

BPF said:
he would pose a big match up problem as a 3rd WR. Bring Rogers in this year and slowly allow him to learn the offense and get 100% healthy. If he develops next year he can be our "3rd" 1st Rd pick, if he does not the short money it would take to bring him in is not a big risk. We tried it with Terrell and it didn't work out but this kid seems to have more upside.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2590136

I originally thought like you do but then the more I read about Rogers abilities and work outs with other teams I say no way Jose. They are saying the guy plain sucks.

I know I'm in the minority, but I say bring him in. There is no way this guy sucks, he just needs the right environment. He was incredible in college, and I find it hard to believe that he can't be at least serviceable in the NFL as a 4th receiver. I know there have been many WR busts in the NFL, David Terrell comes to mind, but it couldn't hurt to bring him in and see if he really wants to give it his all, it could pay off. Remember, Miami isn't hurting as much at WR as we are, so they can be more picky than us. I wouldn't mind seeing Gabriel, Jackson, Caldwell, Brown & Rogers as our top 5.

I do have a feeling that his terrible attitude and performance in Detroit (he couldn't do anything about the injuries though), have caused him to basically be blackballed from the league. I hope he get's a chance, it's awful to see wasted talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft