PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Branch was worth $6M a year plus a 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnny Z said:
It made that Camry worth 100k at that moment in time.
No, it made someone willing to pay that price at that moment in time it didn't make the car a good or even acceptable value.

Jimke said:
Yes, if Deon helps Seattle wins the 2007 Superbowl.

Also, if the Patriots cannot resolve their wide receiver situation

and are eliminated early in the playoffs, losing Deon was a BB/Pioli

mistake.

Not if the Pats win the 2008 and/or the 2009 SBs - the additional first rounder and potential free agent/s will be used to upgrade the LB and CB positions next year - just my two cents - they seem to have a long term plan, so they weren't just looking at the Branch contract for this year, but into the future as well, and they didn't feel like he was worth the price.

DCPatsFan said:
Not if the Pats win the 2008 and/or the 2009 SBs - the additional first rounder and potential free agent/s will be used to upgrade the LB and CB positions next year - just my two cents - they seem to have a long term plan, so they weren't just looking at the Branch contract for this year, but into the future as well, and they didn't feel like he was worth the price.

Seattle should have won the Super Bowl last year. Did they lose because of lack of receivers? I don't think so.

On a related note, Branch caught 6 passes for 76 yards and a pair of scores today. He seems to be getting the Seattle offense down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST