PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If anyone's been to Seattle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ClosingTime said:
Zing!!!!
Wow got me with that one.
Well Boston has lost what it was best known for too, all the really hardcore alcoholics come from Alaska these days.

That was only after they left Pittsburgh because their insides were rotting from drinking that crap known as "Steel City Beer".

WelcometothaRazor said:
so is seattle the only major city within an 8 or 900 mile radius? you'd think they'd have a HUGE fanbase out there....

what a mystery that city is to the rest of the country now that i think about it....it really is out there

i REALLY want to see Vancouver though..

Vancouver BC is only about 110 miles north of Seattle. San Francisco is about 600 miles south :p

The Seattle areas is pretty isolated by mountain ranges (with several volcanos) and large bodies of water... Did I mention that I saw the sun today for the first time in over a month? :D

Na_polian said:
Vancouver BC is only about 110 miles north of Seattle. San Francisco is about 600 miles south :p

The Seattle areas is pretty isolated by mountain ranges (with several volcanos) and large bodies of water... Did I mention that I saw the sun today for the first time in over a month? :D

Isn't the weather the reason Kurt Cobain blew his head off? That's gotta be friggin' depressing.

Willie55 said:
Isn't the weather the reason Kurt Cobain blew his head off? That's gotta be friggin' depressing.

No, not really. The reason was because he was a heroin addict... like 90% of the others in the "grunge" scene :p

I'm sure we probably have a larger amount of depressed people up this way due to the constant grey skies, but with all the coffee we drink, no one notices :p But really, we have beautiful summers here, beautiful scenery in any direction you look, that I think it makes up for the winter months...

Willie55 said:
Naw man, Courtney blew his friggin head off, the heartless *****.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

I think she was just looking for inspiration for her new band, "Hole"... :p

No, seriously... Anyone who names their kid "Francis Bean" has some serious issues...

"Frank and Beans! Frank and Beans!!!!" :eek:

Last edited:
ilduce06410 said:
there you go, patschick.
i've been there a couple times, got to spend a few days. if youse haven't been to the pacific northwest, GO. nice experrience, and reminder thyt this crowded, dirty, huddled-together lifestyle here in the east is NOT the way other americans live their lives.

Great Post about what the Seahawk is--Ilduce06410 :)

I lived in Tacoma, and Renton area for 12 yrs....Loved it, but I Hate the I-5 congestion now-- :eek: My god that freeway is aweful!!! I have to reroute and bybass Federal Way and Tukwila area every stinkin time.....And thats the long way back.....Everyone is moving up from Oregon and Cali now for the Jobs....Totall mess out there....No more homes around the Lacey/Olympia area, due to weyerhauser taking a big hit on the Lawsuit about saving the Trees!!! My Aunt is effected by all of that crap out there!!!

seahawkspatriotschick said:
Great Post about what the Seahawk is--Ilduce06410 :)

I lived in Tacoma, and Renton area for 12 yrs....Loved it, but I Hate the I-5 congestion now-- :eek: My god that freeway is aweful!!! I have to reroute and bybass Federal Way and Tukwila area every stinkin time.....And thats the long way back.....Everyone is moving up from Oregon and Cali now for the Jobs....Totall mess out there....No more homes around the Lacey/Olympia area, due to weyerhauser taking a big hit on the Lawsuit about saving the Trees!!! My Aunt is effected by all of that crap out there!!!

Tacoma and Renton? Damn, girl. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. :eek:

I live on the north end, and work on the Eastside. Much easier :D

Na_polian said:

No, seriously... Anyone who names their kid "Francis Bean" has some serious issues...

LMAO---They all had some serious issues.....I never listen to his group--Nirvana or the other Seattle Grunge groups like Peal Jam, Alice and Chains.....

That music was not my style...

I will say that I did think that it was very nice for the community that Pearl Jam built and funded 4 skator board parks for the anti-social teens in the Seattle-Tacoma areas...:)

At least some good came from that Grunge band that they all listen too.. That was just what those teens needed to keep them from being bored and getting into trouble...

Last edited:
Na_polian said:
Tacoma and Renton? Damn, girl. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. :eek:

I live on the north end, and work on the Eastside. Much easier :D

LMAO :D Yea---You had it easy.....

I had to get thru that horrid mess---I used to work for the Tacoma Rockets!!!

Glad I only fly there 4 times a year to spend with my family and friends...I will be up there for Bumpershoot and Seafair again....My cousin entered the pagent for Mrs Seafair.....Very excited for her to get nominated!!!

Na_polian said:

Hey, did you hear that they are using Kurts home as a Star's bus tour?
How sick is that, to even see where someone blew there brains out!!!--YUK

Last edited:
Na_polian said:
That's not a mountain - it's a volcano - and ya DON'T wanna be here when it goes. (In fact several of the mountains you can see in the area are active volcanoes :rocker: )

:D

BTW--Hows Mt. Rainier looking these days? When I was up there last, I was with some friends at Couger Camp ground- trail by Rainier, the park rangers made all of the campers and hikers leave asap--Due to bringing in the Geo-team from Cali up to check on readings and locations of hot activity!!!

That totally sucked for me and my friends....I had to fly back to Atlanta days later....

Hey, did you hear that they are using Kurts home as a Star's bus tour?
How sick is that, to even see where someone blew there brains out!!!--YUK

Well, I don't know. Maybe Cobain just wanted to take a moment to collect his thoughts... so, he scraped them off the wall... :eek:

Anyway... ahem. Yeah, those "Star Tour" things are just stupid, IMHO...

BTW--Hows Mt. Rainier looking these days? When I was up there last, I was with some friends at Couger Camp ground- trail by Rainier, the park rangers made all of the campers and hikers leave asap--Due to bringing in the Geo-team from Cali up to check on readings and locations of hot activity!!!

That totally sucked for me and my friends....I had to fly back to Atlanta days later....

Well, the Lava Dome in Mount St. Helens is still growing, but the other volcanos here (Mount Baker, Glacier Peak, Mount Rainier, and Mount Adams) are behaving just fine...

WelcometothaRazor said:
so is seattle the only major city within an 8 or 900 mile radius? you'd think they'd have a HUGE fanbase out there....

what a mystery that city is to the rest of the country now that i think about it....it really is out there

i REALLY want to see Vancouver though..

Hi Welcometotherazor,

You will LOVE Vancouver......Yrs ago that was the "IT" place to hang-out when your under 18yrs old......Thats the drinking age there!!! Richardson on Richardson was the hangout!!! The drive is only 2 1/2 hrs from Bellingham..

That was the place to go for all the under age partys--back then

Stanely Park is wonderful...They have an outside aqarium and zoo...On weekends they have local venders selling what they make from their area...

Hi Welcometotherazor,

You will LOVE Vancouver... ...The drive is only 2 1/2 hrs from Bellingham..

Or, 2 1/2 to 3 hours from Seattle if ya take the Clipper... :D

Na_polian said:
Or, 2 1/2 to 3 hours from Seattle if ya take the Clipper... :D

You know I have never took the Clipper to Vancouver yet!! But I have heard its a nice trip.... So is the one to Victoria too!!!!

The only boat trip that I went on was the ferrys from Seattle to Mercer Island, or Seattle to Whidby Island, Seattle to Anacortes....and Anacortes to the San Juan islands(Orcas Island and Friday Harbor) where I used to be a Camp counselor back when I was a teen in school..... Got sea sick every time when the waves turned white tops out there.....LOL :p

T-ShirtDynasty said:

And the real kicker....Kurt Cobains fingerprints were nowhere on the gun.

Willie55 said:
That was only after they left Pittsburgh because their insides were rotting from drinking that crap known as "Steel City Beer".
Um...it's Iron City beer.
And yes, it is crap.

FloridaPatsFan said:
And the real kicker....Kurt Cobains fingerprints were nowhere on the gun.
Lets not forget three times the lethal limit of heroin, injected into both arms, which would have rendered him unconsious, never mind able to hold a gun to his mouth.

The classic though, was the wallet found next to him, open to the drivers license photo to help with identification (since his head was pretty much blown off).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes