PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts - not too high- not too low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gostkowski did a great job on kickoffs.

What worries me about the Ravens is that they'll do exactly what they did last year--target the right side of the Patriots d-line and run the ball all day. Last year, they targeted Jarvis Green, and I think they may end up doing the same thing against Wright.

What worries me about the Ravens is that they'll do exactly what they did last year--target the right side of the Patriots d-line and run the ball all day. Last year, they targeted Jarvis Green, and I think they may end up doing the same thing against Wright.

They should try to do so given their success. This year we have better play developing at ILB and no 'going thru the motions only' play from AD at OLB. Burgess has legitimately been beaten out there as well. Expect to see lots of different D line lineups from the Pats vs the Birdies.

It's going to be a coaching challenge for sure. Even assuming Warren is out there, he's probably still going to be targeted by the Ravens in the run game. I think Wilfork and Brace are going to have to have a monster game, so that the linebackers can kind of shade to Warren/Wright's side of the line to compensate.

The good news, the coaching staff has an extra week to come up with a gameplan.

3) The truth is it's somewhere in the middle. Great work in two out of the three phases of the game, and the offense did enough to win. We know they have done more in the past and almost certainly will again in the future... but they're not out there alone, and making those strides on D and ST are really good signs. But don't expect them to show up like that every week; they'll work on other teams' weaknesses and go from there.
While the stats look bad to pedestrian for the Brady. He seemed to be in command of the offense and making the right reads/not forcing balls into coverage. Call it the intangibles (like the Moorhead TD or the fake downing of the football -- potential TD to Moss). He did a good job selling some pass plays that were runs and was in command of the offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents