PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts – Dolphins edition and other tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why in the world would a defense be in nickel against 6 OL?

What do you do if the Pats line up in a 2 TE 1 RB package with Gronk and Vereen (with, say Cannon at the other TE?) Do you stay in base and cover Vereen out of the backfield with a LB? If the defense stays in base against the formation, the Pats have a massive mismatch in the passing game. Six O-line to pass protect and Gronk/Vereen matched up against safeties/LBs.

I really, really don't think many defenses are looking to get caught in their base alignment when the Pats go hurry up. Base defense against Brady in the hurry up is not a pretty look.

Yes, it is a new day in New England. We have 5 redzone receivers that are 6' 3" or taller.

Hard to image that the Pats can send out 4 receivers on the GL and the short guy is 6'3. :eek:

Yes, it is a new day in New England. We have 5 redzone receivers that are 6' 3" or taller.

Height over Smurf
"This is not Belichickian!!.......What is going on?.........Where have you taken him?....What did you do with BB??"

Height over Smurf
"This is not Belichickian!!.......What is going on?.........Where have you taken him?....What did you do with BB??"

Not to worry, BB is fine, he just keeps them on his "shadow roster" now. Here is a recent picture of a few members of that roster on travel:

article-0-12F7BFF7000005DC-887_634x474.jpg

I wouldn't, Miami has some LB out they won't be able to cover our short passing game. Gronk, Edelman, Vereen, Wright, get the ball out quickly to protect the OL and pick on the LB all day.
Even with a full complement of their linebackers, a Miami writer described them (their linebackers) on the radio the other day as "garbage.". Gronk and Edelman should have an orgy.

I just heard on the radio by a Dolphins beat writer that the weather is not an advantage for the Dolphins because they practice indoors and they actually have a losing record at home in recent years where the temperature is over 80 degrees.

I just heard on the radio by a Dolphins beat writer that the weather is not an advantage for the Dolphins because they practice indoors and they actually have a losing record at home in recent years where the temperature is over 80 degrees.
Stop with the empirical data! It destroys the contrarians' argument which correctly contends that the Pats have no chance in that heat. I despise science!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News