PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'd like to say sorry to Blount

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone needs to apologize to a player that doesn't know we exist, but "garbage" is pretty harsh.

I like Blount. I wish they'd throw to him a little more. I bet we see some of that on Thursday.

I don't think anyone needs to apologize to a player that doesn't know we exist, but "garbage" is pretty harsh.

I like Blount. I with they'd throw to him a little more. I bet we see some of that on Thursday.

dude......how does it feel that a Jew is going to be back up QB?

Chai five!

raw

I've hated Blount twice.

First, when we acquired his Services.

Second...when we acquired his Services. :eek:

Never liked this guy.
At 6004/240, he ought to be a WingBack, not an HalfBack.

But he's got no Power. Most'f'is Power is Torso, not Core...and that is an enormous Liability in the NFL.

And it shows. He can't GRIND against Elite Defenses: He can't Move The Chains when he most badly needs to ~ against the Elite Defenses in January, when The Only Games That Really Matter are played.

At 240 freaking Pounds...that's pathetic.

He sucks at Blocking.

And he sucks at Receiving.

And he's a bad freaking Seed.

But...It Is What It Is.

In EarthSpeak: You Play The Hand You're Dealt.

Blount's Fluidity for a 240 Pounder is amazing.

His Power is only moderate.

His Acceleration sucks. He takes all Day to build up an Head of Steam.

And his Ricochet ~ that's Burst out'f'is Breaks, Earthlings ~ is horrible.

But his Processing Speed ~ his Capacity to Rapidly Read the Tactical LandScape and react effectively to it, Earthlings ~ has evolved from Mediocre, over the last few Years, to...Exceptional.

That...is huge.

Last edited:
Our young Gs Mason and Thuney don't yet seem to be adept at creating significant holes up the middle, but when you see them use their quick feet to pull to the outside and get up a head of steam looking to blast somebody, it's a thing of beauty. These guys and a healthy Solder let us successfully commit to the run, from Blount or anybody, but I like LGB after his first 3 steps.

Like any RB, Blount's success depends on the OL. When they give him nothing, he looks ineffective. I will say this, what Blount excels at weirdly enough is when he gets into the open field. When he gets to the second level, he is simply devastating. Most big backs gain a couple yards, fall forward and that's it. He turns into a runaway freight train who runs over defenders. Typical Patriot player, incredible bang for the buck and he has the most success under Belichick.

No question, Blount can do a lot of good on the field with a reliable O-line.

I like Blount overall. Regardless, we need to see a lot of him and hopefully White/Foster against the Texans.

He probably accepts the apology. And now he'll jump over you.

Personally if I was an opposing fan, I'd want blount to get flagged for kicking Maxwell in the head. I know a lot of people blame Maxwell on this, but Maxwell is not going that low at the time, it's simply a testament to Blount's leaping ability. I'm not sure what Maxwell is supposed to do here. Even if he tried to stay up right he'd get kicked in the face. I guess that's what he needed to do, to give the patriots a personal foul.

Personally if I was an opposing fan, I'd want blount to get flagged for kicking Maxwell in the head. I know a lot of people blame Maxwell on this, but Maxwell is not going that low at the time, it's simply a testament to Blount's leaping ability. I'm not sure what Maxwell is supposed to do here. Even if he tried to stay up right he'd get kicked in the face. I guess that's what he needed to do, to give the patriots a personal foul.

I agree for the most part. And I'm not one to add more penalties in the NYJFL* because Lord knows there are toooo many, but if you claim safety for players and all that jazz...this should be 15 yards for kicking the defender. Oh well, we know nothing is done diligently with them.

Last year
12 games
165 carries
708 yards
6 TD
(Which wasn't that bad of a year given the OL situation)

Already this year
3 games
75 carries
298 yards
4 TD

Where would we be without Blount. He has been solid. His running helped kill the clock against Miami and he was awesome against the Texans.

I like Blount a lot, particularly in the second half as a big battering ram that takes advantage of a tired defense. I would like to see a shiftier RB who can cut and accelerate like we have in D.Lewis, but Blount is doing a great job as our lead back right now.

If White can get going as a solid and consistent 3rd down back, we're in good shape. If Lewis comes back, we're in great shape.

A lot of PatsFans still missing in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back