PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'd like to say sorry to Blount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blount is a typical zone runner given space he is great but if you ask him to just hit a gap an ther is no hole he will struggle. He isn't a typical power back people always think she should be because of his size but thats not who he is. Clearly this year he has worked hard over the off season to drop some of his weight. The OL is givin him holes and when he gets there he has a head of steam build up. Last year he seemed to get to the gap find there was no hole then try to jump cut into a hole but was at a standstill so counld get much going. This year holes are there and he is going through them. When at second level he normally makes the first guy miss which lets him get his extra yards.

Remember he was a running back at Oregon with Chip Kelly as his OC.

blount's success this year is the by-product of scarnecchia's coaching and better o-line personnel.
I agree. Any player is only as good as the guys around them. Blount loves playing for BB. And BB knows how to use him. Every play cant work. The other team gets paid too. Injuries can be a factor as well. I always liked Blount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back