PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I will no longer read the profootballtalk site

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkypete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This is why.

As a rumor site, Florio should be reporting what he hears around the league. He broke the camera news like he broke the Vick news. However, I think he has gone too far in bashing the Patriots. Read the blogs over the past week. The themes are.

1) Belichick should be suspended
2) Brady's success may be a product of cheating
3) Belichick is stupid
4) Kraft is oblivious or he doesn't care
5) The Pats got off easy
6) We never should've beaten Pittsburgh
7) All our Super Bowls are the results of cheating

Never in the past week has there been mention of the plethora of opinions on the internet that this whole camera thing isn't that oncommon, that the punishment is totally punative and that the media has made a game shaking scandal out of a relatively minor competitive advantage. For a site that prides itself in considering all viewpoints, where is the mention of the cheating empyoyed by the 70's Steelers or the 90's Broncos?

It is clear to me that Florio has whored himself out to the media coverage. He's sold himself out to the drooling fans of loser franchises, desperate for any negative piece of information regarding the Patriots, in hopes of setting a new weekly record for page views, which he will not hesitate to brag about for a week.

Furthermore, being a lawyer, Florio is clearly a prosicuter. Read all his coverage on Pacman Jones, Mike Vick, Tank Johnson, Claude Wroten, David Boston, Joey Porter, Bill Belichick, that guy from the Lions, etc. In every article, he supports the harshest, most punitive penalty allowed by law. These people are executed before the defendant takes the stand. There is no chance for explination or forgiveness. IMO, anybody who holds that opinion is a raving jackass.

I will no longer read anything from that vindictive prima donna.

Yeah it makes me sad because his site can be soooo funny, but he is like a rabid dog with this, and his ramblings are getting completely nonsensical. :(

I love that site but I think they reached their peak with the Mike Vick story and have since taken a nose dive with Cameragate. I think they've run out of stuff to report on the story because instead of factual articles or even rumours its just become Florios opinion on the Patriot legacy. The problem is he doesn't pass it of as editorial, which would be his opinion, but as true facts. That being said, I check it all time to see what B.S he'll come up with next.

That used to be one of my 3 fave sports sites, now it is just fading away.. talk about piling on.. they have lost a lot of credibility, or maybe in Florio's eyes there is not much else to talk about...

>>> 7) All our Super Bowls are the results of cheating<<<<

BB is such a master he got into Mike Martz's ego and convinced him to continue passing and not run Marshall Faulk in the second half of that game. The Pats shut down the passingf game by manhandling the Rams'r eceivers and Faulk at the LOS but MArtz stubbornly refused to go to the running game. Had he, I honestly believe there might be one less Lombardi in Foxboro. That was not the result of anything untoward.....

As for SB 39, was BB such a great master that he convinced the Eagles to mismanage the clock and use 40 seconds between plays when they are down by ten points with six minutes left in the game???? Did he cause their QB to vomit in the huddle and not know which play to call ( if you believe Freddie Mitchell???

Florio,puleeeze get off the high horse, wake up smell the coffee,. It is pile on time and I for one am sick of it.....
---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST