PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I was checking out the jest forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont post on other teams boards but checked out the jets game day thread but i must say i was surprised at some of the most abusive comments were being write. i dont see our game thread contains lines calling for injury to every opposing player or in this case in the jet forum one guy calling about wilfork's dead parents and all that. i was disgusted. i know not all jet fans are like that but it was very shocking to me...

I found this:

----------
Guys, get a grip it's ONE thing and ONE thing only.

When Woodhead left, he took the entire playbook with him. This staff felt arrogant enough to believe it would not matter, and we could simply out execute NE with that disadvantage.
(P.S...how sad is it that not a single member of the press corps even asked that question)
------------

and this from a poster who had 7k posts there.

Wish I was a member there so that I could have pointed out that Jets signed up Crable! :D

Last edited:
Hahaha ohhh what a great day today is....

After lying awake in bed until 1:30am and then waking up at 5am (unable to fall back asleep), I’ve had plenty of time to contemplate last night’s Hindenburg remake. The fact that the Jets lost to the Patriots doesn’t bother me so much....depsite hoping for a victory, in my heart-of-hearts, I believed the Pats would win. What does bother me is that it had to happen with every football fan in America watching. This game was hyped as the 2 best teams in the NFL playing. What we got was one of the best teams in the NFL and another whom all of NFL-fandom is now declaring: “We are who we thought they were.” On these boards posters are constantly clamoring for respect. Well, the opportunity for respect was last night. If we lost the game in the 4th quarter, like the Ravens did 1 night earlier, we would be able to hang our heads high today. Instead, the team was exposed (whether you believe it or not....perception is reality) as a bunch of pretenders. And nobody is more devastated than this loyal and tortured fanbase.

Many here will poo-poo the notion that it is Same-Old-Jets. Some of these posters are living in denial, some are too young to have lived the horror, and other incorrectly equate SOJ to the Kotite years. Same-Old-Jets is a team that raises expectations as high as possible only to crush them in the most horrific of ways. Same-Old-Jets is the Fake Spike. Same-Old Jets is a roughing the passer penalty leading to a double-OT playoff loss. Same-Old-Jets is blowing a 10-0 lead in the AFC Championship Game. Same-Old-Jets is Doug Brien. And Same-Old-Jets is going into the most hyped regular season game in 20 years and limping out an absolute embarrassment.

The problem for Jets fans is that we are like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football. We know Lucy will pull it away, but dumb-asses that we are, we try and try again. I can pretty much write the script for the rest of this season. We will beat Miami. I believe we will beat the Steelers (it wouldn’t be nearly as SOJ-ish without this). And then the hype will begin to grow. NE will stumble in one of their games and we will have a chance to retake the division. And that’s when it will happen again. We will lost some stupid way to Chicago or worse yet....to Buffalo at home in week 17. SOJ’s once again. But we’ll win a playoff game or two and then have to go back to NE (I can just see the redemption headlines). But like always, a crushing defeat will be waiting for us.

Even though I know how this will end....once again we’ll all play Charlie Brown and will try to kick that football, believing that this will be the time things are different. We are Jets fans....it is what we do. At least misery loves company.

DBJ

That's some really good writing. I used to read Jets boards for stuff like that. I love reading good writing.

Imagine growing up in NY and your dad is a Jets fan so it's the first team you learn to root for. Then you hire Parcells and things are good, then you lose BB to the Patriots and you think that's OK too since you get a first round pick. Then you find your way to Mangini and Favre's 4 incher and now you're getting pessimistic but it's not the end of the world. Finally you wind up with Ryan and Sanchez and you try to tell yourself everything's going to be OK since Ryan is so confident but you don't really believe it since your eyes tell you that Sanchez is really not that good and Ryan is really just outwardly confident masking an awful lot of inner issues, and now your world sucks and it's not really your fault at all. Your only other choice is to root for Eli Manning of all people or move to New England. I mean, how many football teams are so terrible to root for that you now have to move to a different region? I kind of feel bad for Jets fans. At least I would if they weren't such Guidos.

Some guy wrote "Mo Lewis should be enshrined in the Patriots HOF", it made me lul.

I would support this just for laughs. But too many politically correct Patriots fans would be up in arms over it.

Their board is just comical. The commissioner is a former Jets employee and I'm reading on there that they think he's somehow in the Pats pocket and that we never get called out in the media for anything. I think they are smoking some good stuff over there.

i dont post on other teams boards but checked out the jets game day thread but i must say i was surprised at some of the most abusive comments were being write. i dont see our game thread contains lines calling for injury to every opposing player or in this case in the jet forum one guy calling about wilfork's dead parents and all that. i was disgusted. i know not all jet fans are like that but it was very shocking to me...

People were mad at Wilfork because he twisted LTs helmet off and he did something else that I dont particularly remember. Besides when your teams losing that bad you say dumb things. GDTs are a bad idea imo lol.

People were mad at Wilfork because he twisted LTs helmet off and he did something else that I dont particularly remember. Besides when your teams losing that bad you say dumb things. GDTs are a bad idea imo lol.

too bad he didn't twist his head off. ;)

What??? Is that true??? Oh shoot!!!! how did I miss that? :( Poor Mr. Classy...

Dude - why don't you post it on the thread I created about LadyT??

I went over there 1st thing this morning and I saw the most ignorant statement ever. Some Jets fan was saying that Roger freaking "I'm Affiliated With The Jets" Goddell (sp?) is in bed with The Patriots organization.

Look, I live in Brooklyn and know the score down here. Jets fans are those blue collar jagoffs with mustaches and sh*t. They're the ones with inferior genetics. The ones who don't look very good, sound very well-bred, and are content to live a few rungs removed from the bottom of society.
Here in NYC, the winners are Giants fans. The educated classy ones... all Giants fans.

And I can't freaking WAIT until Joe Beningo comes on The Fan in an hour and a quarter. He's another one. Some talking mustache who says "bro" every other word.
God, I wanted to stand outside WFAN's building in West Soho this morning just to stick it to that freaking glorified caveman!
I woulda worn a fake mustache and sprinkled my speech with a lotta "bro"'s. My God, it's GOON TOWN down here. You can spot a Jets fan a mile away. ima put on my Tom Brady jersey and go search 'em out like radar today.

You claim to know what ignorant statements and then you follow it up with this? Way to bunch all Jets fans into ridiculous assinine stereotype. :rolleyes:

From your planned activites I would you are every bit the goon you make the Jets fans out to be.

You claim to know what ignorant statements and then you follow it up with this? Way to bunch all Jets fans into ridiculous assinine stereotype. :rolleyes:

From your planned activites I would you are every bit the goon you make the Jets fans out to be.

Hey guys, we're not goons, you're the goons for calling us goons! Goon!

"oblivious to facts" is a genetic marker for all Jet fans

It's difficult to worry about the facts when you're the self proclaimed superbowl champions every summer :cool:

lol here are a few more for you (from JI).

What is this helping the Pats up off the ground and accepting help, you guys would find your wives cheating and pay for the guy’s cab ride home

Thanks for my new sig! :D

That ******ed fan base is now crying because TB12 was throwing the ball in the 4th quarter. Talking sh!t about taking shots at his knee.

Hey Jet fans....when you run your mouth for 2 years, at least take your beating with dignity.

You want us not to run up the score???....tell your defense (the one Wrecks compares with the 85 Bears) to make a stop :cool:

Hey Rex, if the Pats were running up the score...DO SOMETHING !! - TheGangGreen.com Message Board

we'll stop running up the score when they stop running their mouths.

That's exactly what Jets fans are, one big ridiculous stereotype. Show me one... ONE Jet fan I'd respect after I met them and I'd thank you for the rare experience. Hmm... so far in my 25 years in NYC, the count is approximately 167 ridiculously chump-laden stereotypical Jets fans met and nary a ONE which doesn't have that same old lower class loser aura about them. Nada one. They're always bufoons who're not aware of their own shortcomings.

There's your urban sociology lesson for the day.

That's exactly what Jets fans are, one big ridiculous stereotype. Show me one... ONE Jet fan I'd respect after I met them and I'd thank you for the rare experience. Hmm... so far in my 25 years in NYC, the count is approximately 167 ridiculously chump-laden stereotypical Jets fans met and nary a ONE which doesn't have that same old lower class loser aura about them. Nada one. They're always bufoons who're not aware of their own shortcomings.

There's your urban sociology lesson for the day.

As far as I'm concerned that hammers the point home! Nicely done! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe