PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I turned off the game at half-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Dilfer still thinks the Broncos are the clear cut favorite in the AFC. He said as much after the game. :bricks:

Who could blame him, they only lost by 3 and Brady only threw for 350 yards and three TD's. Advantage Peyton and the Bronco's.

Had Brady outplayed Manning I could see someone favoring the Patriots but Manning showed everyone last night that he can master the cold and wind and still come out only losing by a few.

Worse are the people who left the stadium.

The whiner that sits behind me made the game more enjoyable by leaving though.

I turned off the game at half-time...And just checked the score 1 minute ago. Oh god, what the heck did I do.

You missed one of the most insane wins ever is what you did.

You are also officially required to surrender your Patriots fan membership card.

You missed one of the most insane wins ever is what you did.

You are also officially required to surrender your Patriots fan membership card.

And he has to read the game thread.

pity because you have lost one of the best ever wins, imho; i am still excited now and i was all the day the same about an improbable unbelieveble incredible amazing awesome win

one of the greatest ever

what a game

impossible to forget

G R E A T

By Grabthar's Hammer, Never give up. Never surrender.

And he has to read the game thread.

He has to read the game thread 10 times, but only the first half of it.

Then he may be able to get his membership card back after he pays a small fine.

Sorry you are not a true patriots fan if you just threw in the towel like that. Shame on you and i'm being serious.

You should know by now not to give up on them but yet you still did, no sympathy.

I respectfully disagree with this. There are those of us who turned off the tv out of pure disgust. In my case, I was getting updates on my phone and after the Pats made it 24-14 I turned it back on. BUT, nobody in their right mind can ever accuse me of not being a true Patriot's fan. I've been a Patriot's fan since 1975, my first Patriot's jersey was a Randy Vataha jersey I got in 1976 for Christmas. People who know me, know I live and die with the Patriots. I had logged 26 long years of fandom, including watching some truly horrendous teams, before the Pats got to the promised land. So throwing a blanket statement out there without knowing the fan and their history is complete bull.

I respectfully disagree with this. There are those of us who turned off the tv out of pure disgust. In my case, I was getting updates on my phone and after the Pats made it 24-14 I turned it back on. BUT, nobody in their right mind can ever accuse me of not being a true Patriot's fan. I've been a Patriot's fan since 1975, my first Patriot's jersey was a Randy Vataha jersey I got in 1976 for Christmas. People who know me, know I live and die with the Patriots. I had logged 26 long years of fandom, including watching some truly horrendous teams, before the Pats got to the promised land. So throwing a blanket statement out there without knowing the fan and their history is complete bull.

Try being a Bills fan like me. I've been a Bills fan for about the same time you've been a Patriots fan.

During that time, the Patriots have seen 9 losing seasons.
During that time, the Bills have seen 21 losing seasons. Hell, I've been through 8 seasons where the Bills have won 4 games or fewer.

I'm going on 14 years straight of not making the playoffs. The Bills had a winning record ONCE in that span (9-7), but they still didn't make the playoffs because they lost to the Steelers' 2nd and 3rd string scrubs in the final game. During this "drought," I've seen every game except 2, and I watched them all from beginning to end. Even the ridiculous blowouts when the Bills were already eliminated again.

Does this make me a better fan than you? I wouldn't say that. I don't judge people that way. How do you measure "fanhood?" I'm a bigger masochist than you maybe. Not that I like my team losing or don't naturally complain, but I usually manage to find a way to have fun somehow during the process. If I didn't, I wouldn't tune in. It's a game, for crying out loud.

I'm not saying you are one, but fair whether fans ARE annoying to those that stick it out. Every fanbase has them. Of course, you don't see too many of THEM lingering for the Bills at this point. They are a truly tested fanbase. On the other hand, it's probably hard to tell Patriots fair weather fans (especially in the younger generation) because they've been successful so long.

But I never gave up on Brady or the Patriots last night, and I was rooting against them. LOL. The Broncos scored those points and started with that big lead at the beginning of the first half because of fumbles...three consecutive fumbles leading to 17 points to start the game. That was pretty hard to believe the way it happened: three fumbles in less than 3 minutes of game-time, I believe. You could tell that Brady was meditating on his chance to overcome that though, and you just knew he was going to put points on the board. Manning was pretty much having a bad night, himself, and you could tell it was getting to him.

Insane ending though. I was sure that game was going to end in a tie.

I thought you negative nancies would have learned your lesson after last years game against the 49'ers.

When Tom Brady is your quarterback, you're always still in the game.

Try being a Bills fan like me. I've been a Bills fan for about the same time you've been a Patriots fan.

During that time, the Patriots have seen 9 losing seasons.
During that time, the Bills have seen 21 losing seasons. Hell, I've been through 8 seasons where the Bills have won 4 games or fewer.

I'm going on 14 years straight of not making the playoffs. The Bills had a winning record ONCE in that span (9-7), but they still didn't make the playoffs because they lost to the Steelers' 2nd and 3rd string scrubs in the final game. During this "drought," I've seen every game except 2, and I watched them all from beginning to end. Even the ridiculous blowouts when the Bills were already eliminated again.

Does this make me a better fan than you? I wouldn't say that. I don't judge people that way. I'm a bigger masochist than you maybe. Not that I like my team losing or don't naturally complain, but I usually manage to find a way to have fun somehow during the process. If I didn't, I wouldn't tune in. It's a game, for crying out loud.

I'm not saying you are one, but fair whether fans ARE annoying to those that stick it out. Every fanbase has them. Of course, you don't see too many of THEM lingering for the Bills at this point. They are a truly tested fanbase. On the other hand, it's probably hard to tell Patriots fair weather fans (especially in the younger generation) because they've been successful so long.

But I never gave up on Brady or the Patriots last night, and I was rooting against them. LOL. The Broncos scored those points and started with that big lead at the beginning of the first half because of fumbles. You could tell that Brady was meditating on his chance to overcome that, and you just knew he was going to put points on the board. Manning was pretty much having a bad night, himself.

Larry-David-Jerry-Seinfeld-Stare-Off.gif

You sure you're a Bills fan? You sound like someone that wants to hop aboard.

After 49ers last year, that is crazy.
I brought that up at halftime. The feeling in the stadium was exactly the same too.

Part of being a fan is watching the game. Biggest game of the year and you turn it off? This is why people say that Patriots fans are spoiled.

Who could blame him, they only lost by 3 and Brady only threw for 350 yards and three TD's. Advantage Peyton and the Bronco's.

Had Brady outplayed Manning I could see someone favoring the Patriots but Manning showed everyone last night that he can master the cold and wind and still come out only losing by a few.
I can't work out if I am supposed to read this seriously or sarcastically Ivan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back