PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Think Watson Will Have a Good Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGameguy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
...and continue toput up decent numbers as the season goes on. The Bills are going to have a hard time covering our receivers, and I can definitely see Watson getting at least one TD. He's been wide open the past two weeks in the end zone, and I really see the Bills having a hard time covering him.

...and continue toput up decent numbers as the season goes on. The Bills are going to have a hard time covering our receivers, and I can definitely see Watson getting at least one TD. He's been wide open the past two weeks in the end zone, and I really see the Bills having a hard time covering him.

I wouldn't call the TD against the Jets "wide open", but I agree with your sentiment. NE's spread offense is really well set up this season. With Moss and Stallworth outside attracting safety help and forcing guys to be on the deep side, it really opens up Welker and Watson. Unless both Stallworth and Moss are left in single coverage, one of Welker or Watson will get LB coverage.

If the line can keep Brady as clean as they have in the past couple weeks, it really is hard to fathom a team having the skill to not be in at least on mismatch per down.

If the line can keep Brady as clean as they have in the past couple weeks, it really is hard to fathom a team having the skill to not be in at least on mismatch per down.

I like Football Outsiders' take on Welker mismatches. You will too, Oswlek. :D

Wes Welker, NE: The Patriots have been using Welker as their matchup gizmo, where he makes linebackers without a prayer of covering him look silly (when the Patriots play the Giants in Week 17, I predict Welker catches 74 passes). Donte’ Stallworth has mostly faded into oblivion, and Welker has established himself as the No. 2 guy and a player who will see more snaps than I expected when I wrote about him earlier this year. The Patriots passing attack won’t be this good all year, but Welker’s going to see enough balls to be a useful No. 3 guy in most leagues. I’d stash him on your roster if he’s still available.

I like Football Outsiders' take on Welker mismatches. You will too, Oswlek. :D

I was the most vocal dissentor in Bill's earlier predictions about Welker. Feel free to just review the comments on the thread that he linked to in that post.

I'm just waiting patiently for maroney to blow up the stat line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back