PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Think The Buffalo Bills Should Be the Biggest AFC East News.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha at that beautiful joke

Totally serious.

I'm not from here, but the city is one of the most beautiful I've lived in, and I've been all over the world. Not Boston or Philly or NY, but ahead of Providence, Hartford, New Haven and Albany.

JP Losman by the way made Buffalo his home years after they cut him. He is just now selling his home.

If you care, here are articles on the city's architectural beauty.

Reinventing Buffalo

http://www.thestar.com/travel/north...--how-i-overcame-my-prejudice-against-buffalo

The Impulsive Traveler: Buffalo, N.Y., and its greatest architectural hits - The Washington Post

New for Buffalo: A superiority complex - Preservation - The Buffalo News

Last edited:
Totally serious.

I'm not from here, but the city is one of the most beautiful I've lived in, and I've been all over the world. Not Boston or Philly or NY, but ahead of Providence, Hartford, New Haven and Albany.

JP Losman by the way made Buffalo his home years after they cut him. He is just now selling his home.

Reinventing Buffalo

How I overcame my prejudice against Buffalo - thestar.com

The Impulsive Traveler: Buffalo, N.Y., and its greatest architectural hits - The Washington Post

They'd rather go with the stereotype, I think.

Totally serious.

Reinventing Buffalo

Are you Mario Williams prospective real estate agent?

They'd rather go with the stereotype, I think.

Stereotype?...heh...right....a picture is worth a 1000 stereos then...

070212_redfield_hmed_330a.grid-6x2.jpg

"It's a beautiful place to live...really....wait, let me excavate a little bit so you can get an idea.....oh, my heart...aaaarrrgggHHHHHHH....
dead.gif

Stereotype?...heh...right....a picture is worth a 1000 stereos then...

070212_redfield_hmed_330a.grid-6x2.jpg

"It's a beautiful place to live...really....wait, let me excavate a little bit so you can get an idea.....oh, my heart...aaaarrrgggHHHHHHH....
dead.gif

LOL, WTF, OMG...

It doesn't snow in New England?

That's the second time you posted a picture of major snowfall in this thread. Crazy. Was that picture taken in New England?

Nope..it's upstate New York

average annual snowfall...Buffalo 94.7 inches...number of snow days.. 61

Boston...43.8 inches...22.4 days

the evidence refutes your contention

I challenge you to find that 94.7 inches in the city. I've been living in the city for 8 years now, and we've never had more than 30 inches. The last few years, New England has gotten a lot more snow than us. We actually got barely any snow this year, we had a dusting of one inch on 3 separate days, but other than that, nothing.

The problem with the western new york region is Lake Effect snow, so you get striations mainly to the south that dump and dump snow. Down there it reaches 94 inches. So, if you want to say that because a single area gets dumped well south of the city, and that accounts for city snow, go ahead, but the reality is different.

This is the reality: Sunny Days Are Here! | WKBW News 7: News, Sports, Weather | Buffalo, NY | Joanna's Blog

Buffalo has more sunny days than any city in the Northeast and Midwest. But if you go a half hour west toward Rochester and the Buffalo airport, you immediately get cloud cover. Why? Because Buffalo is right on the river/lake, and it takes a good few miles for fronts to stall over land. Buffalo is situated perfectly in this microclimate.

To give you a good sense of what I'm talking about when I refer to lake effect, have a close look at this picture:

buffalo2.jpg

images

buffalo3.jpg

Totally serious.

Reinventing Buffalo

Just swear to us you're not a paid shill for the Buffalo Chamber of Commerce

Buffalo, NY (housing, pop. 276,059): 93.6 in

Top 101 cities with the highest average snowfall in a year (population 50,000+)

The wide range of snowfall across Western and Central New York points out the tremendous challenge that faces the operational forecaster. In Erie county, including the city of Buffalo, annual snowfall ranges from less than 80 inches to more than 160 inches over a 15 mile wide area that is inhabited by nearly 500,000 people!

snowseason

Buffalo 94.7 240.5

Average Annual Snowfall Totals in New York State - Current Results

11. Buffalo 93.6

USATODAY.com - Answers: 10 snowiest 'cities' aren't all in New York

Whatever the exact average is, it seems to be fairly consistently around 93.5-95 inches, give or take, according to the sites I just checked.

average yearly snowfall buffalo new york - Yahoo! Search Results

That's a lot of snow.

All depends on where you're measuring.

I live in the city. We don't get much snow.

Go 20 minutes south, and you get dumped on.

I believe most measurements happen at the airport which is southeast, and it gets dumped on.

The microclimates up here are unbelievable. But there are other US cities like this. I was in San Diego in October and 5 minute north of the city in La Jolla it was 20 degrees colder than downtown.

While the city of Buffalo gets a lot of sun and not anywhere near as much snow as the outskirts, it is always 10 degrees cooler/colder in the city because of the water (the lake freezes and acts as a refrigerator, as if we needed that).

Just swear to us you're not a paid shill for the Buffalo Chamber of Commerce

I was raised a New Englander.

All I said was that Buffalo is beautiful. That much is true.

No one ever asked me about the negative parts of living here. There are many. Dealing with Buffalonians. Dealing with politicians out of the stone age (the machine politics here are worse than New England's, which is saying something, and I've been victimized personally by them when doing work on my house). Poverty and crime, big negatives.

But, beauty and weather? This city has lots of beauty and the weather is nice. The only time weather is an issue is in March when the cold winter drags on way too long.

Last edited:
Mario Williams IS going to be a Buffalo Bill

Him and his girlfriend were out and about in the Buffalo area looking for a Home today.

Expect an announcement of the signing within the next 24 hours.

With Marcel Darius already in place and a future All-Pro IMO,the Bills are going to have a very stout front 7,probably as close to the 1990s Bills front set than ever before.

Last edited:
Like every city, it has its good points and bad points.

If Williams and his girl are looking at houses, the REMAX rep just fell over in their chair.

Mort just reported that the Bills will hold a 1:30 presser to announce the signing of Mario Williams. Hope he's right.

Mort just reported that the Bills will hold a 1:30 presser to announce the signing of Mario Williams. Hope he's right.

$50m-$60m guaranteed is my guess.

Icy wins! Good call!

I was originally a fan of Fitzy at QB but abandoned ship on him last year. If he truly had rib problems affecting his throw, I'll have to see how he does this season.

Icy wins! Good call!

I was originally a fan of Fitzy at QB but abandoned ship on him last year. If he truly had rib problems affecting his throw, I'll have to see how he does this season.

The thing they haven't been able to solve offensively for years is their line. They have adequate weapons and Fitzgerald is better than Jersey's Li'l Marky. If they got a good offensive line together they'd be formidable.

Icy wins! Good call!

DISCLAIMER: Member known as IcyPatriot is not
responsible for any injuries to Patriots QB's in games where the Patriots play the Bills. :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back