PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I think our Offensive Line is OVERRATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is absurd. If anything Pierre should have been in on that last drive to rush the passer as AD was gassed.

The Pats created there own problem by not giving him legit snaps in all those blowouts.

i was kinda kidding, but man he should at least get slapped by BB or some of the players or something. Adalius was possessed in the 4th! He was all over the field, if anything they should have taken Vrabel out in the 1st qtr cuz he played like a scrub all game.

A lot of the O-line success had to do with the fact that so many teams had no idea how to play the Pats early in the year. They would just drop 7 or 8 guys into coverage everytime. Any half decent O-line can protect well while only facing 3 or 4 rushers on 3rd down. I think Light is decent but will never be a dominant, franchise left tackle. I absolutely LOVE Mankins and Koppen and think they are among the best at their positions in the league. I am a big fan of Neal as well but he his guaranteed to miss 3-4 games a year. They might need to nail down the RG position in the draft.
As for Kaczur...a lot of you know how I feel about him. He constantly gets overpowered, he doesn't use his size to his advantage, and I feel he has no business being a starting right tackle on a super bowl contender. If you don't believe me, take a look at any of the Pats games on your DVR's and I guarantee you he gives up at least 3 hurries. Sometimes he goes a whole game without giving up a sack but he ALWAYS gives up hurries that end up blowing up plays.

look at the bright side...at least we dont have Brandon Gorin and Tom Ashworthless anymore.

You guys are going to be surprised about Mankins when I post the O-line thread.

You guys are going to be surprised about Mankins when I post the O-line thread.

Without knowing what you're going to write, I am going to pre-emptively agree with you -- Mankins played a pretty bad game during the Super Bowl.

There were at least one or two plays when his man easily beat him one-on-one. I was sitting there muttering to myself, "Kaczur getting beat like that, maybe, but Mankins??"

I like the guy, but it was not a good showing.

Last edited:
Wow, I can't believe you guys are complaining about your line. You had probably the best line in the league. You had one bad game which was probably more due to the other team being good then the Pats being bad. I agree that you may not have the best individual players but as a unit they play incredibley well together. They pass block as a unit not one on one. On running plays they drive the opponent off the line. You don't come close to winning 18 games without having one of the best offensive lines in the league.

Wow, I can't believe you guys are complaining about your line. You had probably the best line in the league.
You don't come close to winning 18 games without having one of the best offensive lines in the league.

this is exactly what i'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back