PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I think I'm a bad Person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to Belichick.

I agree he has handled himself well in the media. Don't give an inch - no reason to - f them.

But integrity and values aren't the same thing- I don't dig the fact that he broke the rules. It's not strong or cool to think you can play by different rules. Play like a bad*ss mo fo within the rules, but it's weak to think it's tough to play by other rules in order to win.

That said, I'm not all worked up about it. Still love the team. Still like the guy. It was a bad move and now we move forward.

Because... and I admit to not knowing why...

For some reason I actually like Belichick more through all this. He's a serious bad*ss. The way he didn't break, and basically told the press to get lost. I mean, most people crack into pieces under that pressure and he stood tall. Didn't give an inch. It's not games with that guy, he really is who he is, and he doesn't give a sh*t what anybody thinks. Boy. He's the coach.

If I was an opposing team's fan, I would HATE him. And that makes me love him even more.

I know, I know. I should be ashamed and embarassed and all that. But for whatever reason I'm not, at all.

The "good guys of the NFL" image was getting a little old, anyway. Never mind the Raiders and Bucs, we're the new pirates of the league. I think it's awesome. Bring on the hate!!

If BB walked out of Foxboro tomorrow, fans of every other team would be scrambling to get their FO's to sign him. That's the bottom line. And they know it.

Go Pats.

FYI...I posted this on the Charger.com site to let them know how we are rallying around our Patriots. You wouldn't believe there reaction. They're acting as if they "lost". In this case, "lost" refers to BB's punishment or lack thereof. The only victory for them would have been several game suspension and maybe even getting fired.

FIRED? I said. Are you kidding? We want him re-signed for years to come!:D

FYI...I posted this on the Charger.com site to let them know how we are rallying around our Patriots. You wouldn't believe there reaction. They're acting as if they "lost". In this case, "lost" refers to BB's punishment or lack thereof. The only victory for them would have been several game suspension and maybe even getting fired.

"Badass" - you got that half right!
BB="Poser" just like the baseball BB!
Get your excuses ready for Monday morning!

I guess Bolt fans feel the only way they can win this Sunday would be if Belichick was suspended for the game.....

I think what I'm impressed by is the same kind of professionalism BB/the Pats organization show during any kind of stress, adversity, whatever. Nobody's losing it and lashing out, and nobody's doing a public collapse or a dumbass dramatic display. He admitted his policy is at odds with the league. He took a punishment and a week of whining from elsewhere in the league... so that's that, in BB's book. He recognizes that the only way this can hurt him further is if he lets it.

I don't care for the "bad boys" tag any more than the dudley dooright tag, actually, and I really hope we don't have any more ongoing bull****. But as far as the Eagles and Bolts and every other gang of certified clowns out there wanting their rings or their mommies or whatever they want, they can go to hell.

As far as the effect of this circus on the team, I see it coming together around the issue and drawing motivation from it... in fact, it almost brings to mind a little behind-the-scenes plot, where BB did this on purpose to fire them up.

Now don't get all goofy, quote the last line, and tell me I'm a huge dumbass. I know that's not what happened. But with what I'm seeing in fan reaction and the reaction of the team, it seems to me that the actual outcome of all this hate is going to be very, very beneficial.

And yanno what? Chad Johnson can be the "future hall of famer" instead of BB. I just want an iron grip on that Lombardi trophy again the next few years, even moreso now that all this has come down.

PFnV

Where's the end of this line so I can join in??? I've taught my kids that the easiest thing to do is to follow the crowd and join in mindless lockstep.
It takes guts to take an unpopular stand and back someone in their time of adversity. The true measure of a man is how they respond in times of crisis and I think that all will admit that this is a crisis for the Patriots organization. That having been said, I think that their crisis management has been excellent. You don't see any fingerpointing or backroom off the record quotes from players. It seems that they have handled this in a professional manner and I would have expected nothing less.
Now when they go out and win the next Lombardi under all the scrutiny, they can shut up the naysayers and force Goodell into the unenviable position of having to hand the trophy to Kraft and BB.....

If there is a club for these bad people count me in, can never and will never believe that BB was using that camera for an advantage against the Jets.. BB has handled himself well, did not expect warm and fuzzy stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News