PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I say put Marcellus 'The Human Yo-Yo' Rivers on the field and lets see what he got!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I say put Marcellus 'The Human Yo-Yo' Rivers on the field and lets see what he go

I suspect that the Pats Rivers relationship is fine and this has been talked about,he is signed to a 2 year contract.. so I suspect that all that has gone on has been talked of. Maybe last week the Colvin injury, necessitated the need to keep Chad Brown and now he is sufficiently healed, our need this week is a 3rd tight end. If nothing else BB and crew keep the other team guessing, but gotta get real here we are talking about a 3rd string TE.

Re: I say put Marcellus 'The Human Yo-Yo' Rivers on the field and lets see what he go

Maybe we should trade our remaining first rounder to the Dolphins for Patrick Cobbs while we're at it.

Yawn.

I've never seen so much fascination before over a 3rd TE since...Eric Bjornson? Chris Eitzmann?

That's what you said about Ben Coates, when he was trying to make the team. Dang! What do you have against tight ends? :)

Im sure it must be tough for Rivers not knowing his standing with the team from week to week. However, I'm sure Belichick has explained him the situation each time he has been cut/signed. I doubt he was telling him he going to be a big part of the game plan or a part of the special teams and then cut him. Rivers has been brought in early in weeks at times this year in case something were to happen to Brady or Watson in practice. That way Rivers gets to practice with the team and get a sense of the game plan in case he is needed.

Due to injuries at running back and not much depth at d-line right now the Pats have had to hang on to guys like Eckel, Thomas and Smith. While going into a game with 2 tight ends may seem risky given the amount of times they use multiple TE sets, guys like O'Callaghan, Evans and even Hochstein have experience playing their if needed on a temporary basis.

The Patriots and teams across the NFL play these roster games on the times. Guys like Mcruczkowski, Spann, Mays,etc. have been cut,put on the practice squad, and signed to the active roster numerous times over tne years based on upcoming opponents, injuries, etc.

To put the issue another way, WHO DO YOU THINK ARE ON THE PATRIOT"S SHADOW ROSTER? BTW, the Shadow Roster is more than guys that the team would call in case of injury. It used to be players who would be expected to play only for the patriots.

No, not ONLY for the Patriots, but players with whom the Patriots are familiar and have exposure to the Pats' system. This includes Antwain Spann and Ray Ventrone (now on PS) and DL Zach West (just cut from PS). It will include Vinny T. again if the Panthers cut him. It included Hank Poteat for over two years. "Shadow roster" changes from day to day. Again, it's not about players who hold out ONLY for the Pats, but in the same way every team does, the Pats require certain types of players and they keep a list of those players on hand.

You'd have a better argument if Marcellus had been picked up by another team in the past month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes