PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I love being the villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tired of fighting it. I am embracing the hate...it's liberating. Patriots were the original American rebels...bring it on.

Patriots (also known as Rebels, Revolutionaries, Continentals, or American Whigs) were those colonists of the Thirteen Colonies who violently rebelled against British control during the American Revolution and in July 1776 declared the United States of America an independent nation. Their rebellion was based on the political philosophy of republicanism, as expressed by spokesmen such as Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and Thomas Paine.

I'm ok rebelling against the NFL and all that it encompasses. Hate us....I don't care any more. It's us against you. Good luck.

Last edited:
Me too.

I love it when people go out of their way to loudly proclaim how stupid and impressionable they are.

The more conspiracy theory Crygate truthers that have a new boogieman story, the better.

Gillette is like a haunted ****ing house.
House of Horrors

Read your post again. Then read the thread topic. Then read who started the thread. Come on, now.
I get the "let's pretend we're naughty bad boys like the old Raiders" mentality. But it's juvenile, silly, and doesn't fit this team's ethos or how Patriots players carry themselves. The Patriots don't have any Jack Tatum or Bill Romanowski types and don't condone cheating as an organization. The only thing "maverick" about the Patriots is they win more than anyone by being utterly professional. So, if you want to encourage a contrived "rebel villain" fan culture, go ahead. But in the process of overreacting to rival fans' envy you'll be at odds with what the Patriots truly represent and probably be laughed at. Can't you just get your fix playing pirate on Halloween?

I get the "let's pretend we're naughty bad boys like the old Raiders" mentality. But it's juvenile, silly, and doesn't fit this team's ethos or how Patriots players carry themselves. The Patriots don't have any Jack Tatum or Bill Romanowski types and don't condone cheating as an organization. The only thing "maverick" about the Patriots is they win more than anyone by being utterly professional. So, if you want to encourage a contrived "rebel villain" fan culture, go ahead. But in the process of overreacting to rival fans' envy you'll be at odds with what the Patriots truly represent and probably be laughed at. Can't you just get your fix playing pirate on Halloween?
Okay, it was a joke, Tune. It was between Cartoon Villain and Super Serious Judgy Cranky Guy. I stand by my decision.

Jesus, take a pill or something.

Okay, it was a joke, Tune. It was between Cartoon Villain and Super Serious Judgy Cranky Guy. I stand by my decision.

Jesus, take a pill or something.
Sorry, but Pat Patriot as Skeletor doesn't quite work.

Villains?

As far as I'm concerned, we're team America. The rest of the league are furious countries because we always win

4258f06902cbaad0e13af9906a9e1afce843c0f338c8e92837127bb7d68ea4f1.jpg

Even the new Brady Under Armour commercial shown during the game had a nice edge to it
I know. It was like a scene out of the Star Wars - Attack of the Clones. All those Stormtoopers and you are like, "where did they come from?"

I want at least five new ridiculous accusations every week. I'm going to grow a handlebar moustache just so I have something to twirl while other teams and their fans cry. Whatever they say, I'll respond with, "But can you proooove it?!?" and cackle maniacally.

The hate. I loves it.

If you really want to look villainous you will need a Wells moustache.

I get the "let's pretend we're naughty bad boys like the old Raiders" mentality. But it's juvenile, silly, and doesn't fit this team's ethos... <snip>

I don't know. That opening ceremony, to me, was an "in your face" to haters everywhere. With T-Pain doing "All I Do Is Win" as three legendary former Patriots and Bob Kraft carried out all four Super Bowl trophies was a huge middle finger to people everywhere who call them cheaters. Pretty much what this much used picture represents:

B82MkSIIIAAQA8k.jpg

I don't know. That opening ceremony, to me, was an "in your face" to haters everywhere. With T-Pain doing "All I Do Is Win" as three legendary former Patriots and Bob Kraft carried out all four Super Bowl trophies was a huge middle finger to people everywhere who call them cheaters. Pretty much what this much used picture represents:

B82MkSIIIAAQA8k.jpg
:confused: I was there and didn't see it that way at all. It was a celebration of a great accomplishment for the fans, not a reactionary exercise aimed at the haters.

lol, love this thread, embrace the madness and have fun :)

Sorry lol what I think is one of the best endings to a movie

can Tom ride a motorcycle ? eeerr Blue Knight o_O

Last edited:
:confused: I was there and didn't see it that way at all. It was a celebration of a great accomplishment for the fans, not a reactionary exercise aimed at the haters.
It was absolutely both. If they played something other than "All I Do Is Win," you might've had a point.

At any rate, the whole point of this was that I'm going to stop being defensive or try to talk sense into idiots bleating, "Cheatriots!!!"

Oh, and I've always wanted to tie damsels to train tracks. Because we take painfully obvious jokes literally around here, I guess.

Okay, so I know we are all mired in the controversies that are springing up left and right. Some of us remain upset, while others now find it funny. I find myself somewhere in between, leaning more toward the comical side now. I am sure we will hear something after every win (and possibly even a loss). But even knowing that, I want to encourage that we all pay more attention to football. Let's make more threads about the games and X's and O's. Let's not allow ourselves to be drawn down to the depths of all of the idiot fanbases and teams and team owners and ESPNFL. Let's just do what our team does and block out the noise and keep focusing on what is really important. BB's words should resonate with each and every member on this board! To paraphrase, our program is built on WINNING, not excuses.

I just felt the need to include this post because our front page is being dominated by "cheating" threads, though I completely understand that this is what's happening at the moment and will likely continue. I just do not want the board to become solely about what the idiots outside are saying because we all know the flaws in their arguments and we all know it's sour grapes. We all know how hard our team works. We all know that our coach is better and our QB is better and our players work harder and are better. WE are better. Let's keep the noise to a minimum and focus on the game.

I respect each and every member of this board, even those with whom I have disagreed. I love you all as my Pats family (and that's sincere). We have the privilege of rooting for the best organization in all of sports today and probably even history at this point. Don't let anyone take that away from you.

The haters can't be convinced of the truth. Why let eat at you? Might as well embrace it. Enjoy it. We here all know its hard work and GREAT coaching. They sound so stupid with the headsets when you here of the same problem every weekend somewhere in the NFL, but it is no be deal then. Shiftgate, DL & LB's move around on every play once the OL is set. They sound so hypocritical and dumb! Point it out. They believe every nfl word about deflategate but don't believe the nfl is honest in clearing the PATs in the headset issue...SMH

The haters can't be convinced of the truth. Why let eat at you? Might as well embrace it. Enjoy it.
"Embrace" and "enjoy" spite, hate and ignorance. Right. Sounds like a great pastime for 13-year-olds. I'd rather dismiss it and ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back