PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I finally did it. I watched the AFC Championship Game again

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know third cousin,
Your right about everything. What was I thinking? You sure showed me and all the other knowledgeable fellows on the NE Pats thread who replied to your nonsense! I admit I am not a knowledgeable guy like you and some others. I comment for fun, not as a duel of one-upsmanship.......but.........Can you please send us a copy of the Pats/Colts Championship game you watched at the asylum so we can all see what you are talking about and watched?
And Peyton Manning still has a face like a torn sneaker!
By the Way 01, 02 and 04 has a good "ring" to it, and that one legged idiot was out performed by a 5' 8" smurf. Whoops! Sorry I forgot you won.
And I cannot recall a single major blown officials call in those three games. I'd say fair and square but I will let you rule on that. Now if the Polian Colts were playing............
Anyway He Bang Me......You definitely win the argument up and down the line. You are right I surrender but I can't speak for anyone else.
I am retiring to dress my wounds.
DW Toys

DW, cousin you have fast become one of my favorite posters.

It's all crumblin' down now, toyboy. Your luck has runneth out.

Wait til you find out how the other half lives when everyone (not just Pats fans) celebrates the Colts' elimination from the playoffs next year. You may not realize it yet, but it is already crumbling for you RIGHT NOW. Lose a few players, the pressure's off to win, schedule gets tougher, everyone aiming to knock off the champs -oh boy next season will be fun!

You know third cousin,
Your right about everything. What was I thinking? You sure showed me and all the other knowledgeable fellows on the NE Pats thread who replied to your nonsense! I admit I am not a knowledgeable guy like you and some others. I comment for fun, not as a duel of one-upsmanship.......but.........Can you please send us a copy of the Pats/Colts Championship game you watched at the asylum so we can all see what you are talking about and watched?
And Peyton Manning still has a face like a torn sneaker!
By the Way 01, 02 and 04 has a good "ring" to it, and that one legged idiot was out performed by a 5' 8" smurf. Whoops! Sorry I forgot you won.
And I cannot recall a single major blown officials call in those three games. I'd say fair and square but I will let you rule on that. Now if the Polian Colts were playing............
Anyway He Bang Me......You definitely win the argument up and down the line. You are right I surrender but I can't speak for anyone else.
I am retiring to dress my wounds.
DW Toys

DeeDub toyboy,
glad to see you finally come around. Gimme an address, I can send you a DVD if you like (no charge). Of COURSE you don't remember any blown calls, it's the PATRIOT way when your team wins!

3 plays, 69 yards, 24 seconds :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I still can't watch it. It is still too painful. We were so close to our 4th Superbowl. Just thinking about it, I see Reche Caldwell wide open on the top of my TV screen waiving his arms for Tom to quick snap the ball and throw it to him for a TD. I was screaming for Tom to take the free TD the Dolts were offering us. But no, it did not happen. I still mutter to myself, "How can the NFL's worst run defense when a championship?" :mad: :mad: :mad:

It is very very very (could go on with very forever) PAINFUL...to watch that ending unfold. We were (and still are) clearly the better team out there....just too many players with the "flu" bug on the team that just ran out of gas...plus you turn up the heat in the dome and everyone on the Pats team that is used to the cold....gets gassed........It will always burn a hole in my gut though KNOWING that the Pats clearly should have won that game and another Lombardi.......but I am still extremely happy and feel lucky for what the Pats have done in winning 3 SB's!!!!! GO PATS

Regarding the Troy Brown play....

The defender established position? I don't get it, are they playing the low post? Is that a rule (it may be, I am looking for clarification)? I always thought that the DB could not impede the route of the receiver past 5 yards.

Everything there after was a train wreck, no excuses....

Regarding the Troy Brown play....

The defender established position? I don't get it, are they playing the low post? Is that a rule (it may be, I am looking for clarification)? I always thought that the DB could not impede the route of the receiver past 5 yards.

Everything there after was a train wreck, no excuses....

It was just inside of 5 yards. The chuck was perfectly legal, in my opinion. The flag on Brown was forkin' ridiculous, though.

I checked the rules on NFL.com and technically it sounds like offensive PI.

Actions that constitute offensive pass interference include but are not limited to the possible infractions:

(a) Blocking downfield by an offensive player prior to the ball being touched.
(c) Driving through a defender who has established a position on the field.

Personally, I believe it should have been a no call since the play was off the ball but the refs were on high alert for obvious reasons....haha

Actions that constitute offensive pass interference include but are not limited to the possible infractions:

Personally, I believe it should have been a no call since the play was off the ball but the refs were on high alert for obvious reasons....haha

Well..................

There
You
Go...........

off the ball??

PERHAPS if the ball were thrown to the opposite side of the field!!

Except the defender jumped back into his path, initiating the contact...at no time had he established position: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrjk7Rg8K7k

Except the defender jumped back into his path, initiating the contact...at no time had he established position: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrjk7Rg8K7k

you're kidding, right? "jumped back into his path"?? Did you read the rules as posted by Burns? You can see it your way, you can say it should have or could have been a no-call, but you can certainly see that something DID take place, it's not as if there were NO CONTACT. Please tell me you are not putting the game on that 1 play late in the second. Pats went on to get flagged for motion and Brady was sacked. Who's to say what happens after that play? Does he get picked? Does the motion still happen, does he still get sacked? Does Gas Man hit the FG?? Way too many if's to be placing this much emphasis on that call.

you're kidding, right? "jumped back into his path"?? Did you read the rules as posted by Burns? You can see it your way, you can say it should have or could have been a no-call, but you can certainly see that something DID take place, it's not as if there were NO CONTACT. Please tell me you are not putting the game on that 1 play late in the second. Pats went on to get flagged for motion and Brady was sacked. Who's to say what happens after that play? Does he get picked? Does the motion still happen, does he still get sacked? Does Gas Man hit the FG?? Way too many if's to be placing this much emphasis on that call.

Yes, I read the rules. It says something about a player "establishing position", which the defender didn't. Think of a basketball player trying to draw a charge.

Did I say anything about what may have happened after that? No. I even said that it was a perfectly legal chuck. I'm merely showing that it was a bad call to throw a flag on the receiver.

Everything else you posted is just your gums flapping, but hey, whatever keeps you happy.

Yes, I read the rules. It says something about a player "establishing position", which the defender didn't. Think of a basketball player trying to draw a charge.

Did I say anything about what may have happened after that? No. I even said that it was a perfectly legal chuck. I'm merely showing that it was a bad call to throw a flag on the receiver.

Everything else you posted is just your gums flapping, but hey, whatever keeps you happy.
What about blocking downfield by an offensive player prior to the ball being touched? Clearly, Troy Brown threw a block.

Flap, flap, flap

What about blocking downfield by an offensive player prior to the ball being touched? Clearly, Troy Brown threw a block.

Flap, flap, flap

Nice try, but no. Most blockers tend to try and drive through their assignment, or at least lock them up...running away from the guy isn't a really good strategy for successful blocking.

Hey, Mods: can we have a "Football for Beginners" forum?

Nice try, but no. Most blockers tend to try and drive through their assignment, or at least lock them up...running away from the guy isn't a really good strategy for successful blocking.

Hey, Mods: can we have a "Football for Beginners" forum?
Both forearms up in my mans chest, driving into him, and pushing off? It's an infraction. It got called.

Both forearms up in my mans chest, driving into him, and pushing off? It's an infraction. It got called.

Oddly enough, the defender had both of his hands up in the chest, too. Guys running into each other and pushing off to separate happens all the time (you'd probably see it more if anyone was allowed to touch Indy's receivers). It's almost never called.

Oddly enough, the defender had both of his hands up in the chest, too. Guys running into each other and pushing off to separate happens all the time (you'd probably see it more if anyone was allowed to touch Indy's receivers). It's almost never called.

Like the way Hobbs and Samuel were touching Harrison and Wayne when the ball was in the air? Or the way Clark was mugged in the end zone, turning him in to a one arm receiver??

Like the way Hobbs and Samuel were touching Harrison and Wayne when the ball was in the air? Or the way Clark was mugged in the end zone, turning him in to a one arm receiver??

Or the way Caldwell got mugged so badly that my buddy who hates the Pats told me he couldn't believe there was no flag?

Hey, we could do this all day.

It wouldn't make you any cooler, though. That's a lost cause.

P.S. Also, your comparison sucked. I said that it should have been a non-call on the defense, and you want a flag for "touching."

Or the way Caldwell got mugged so badly that my buddy who hates the Pats told me he couldn't believe there was no flag?

Hey, we could do this all day.

It wouldn't make you any cooler, though. That's a lost cause.

P.S. Also, your comparison sucked. I said that it should have been a non-call on the defense, and you want a flag for "touching."
Yeah, we can go on all day, and BTW, you suck. How's that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft