PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I finally did it. I watched the AFC Championship Game again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still haven't watched it since. If we got blown out, lost a close game or anything else i would of delt with it lot better. To blow a huge lead is what makes it heart breaking..

I still haven't watched it since. If we got blown out, lost a close game or anything else i would of delt with it lot better. To blow a huge lead is what makes it heart breaking..

It hurts more losing a close game that we had a shot to put away than blowing the lead. Honestly, I knew we would let Indy back into it but I held out hope that we could hang on in a close game.

YES, THANK YOU. I AGREE WITH YOUR OBSERVATIONS. I CORRECT MYSELF. I BELIEVE THAT AFTER THE "BUG-EYES" INCIDENT BY THE TIME THE FIELD GOAL WAS MADE THERE WAS 3 MINUTES LEFT, CORRECT?(NO TAPE TO WATCH)
DW TOYS

The clock stopped with the 3rd-down "incompletion". When Gostkowski kicked the FG to make the score 31-28, there was 7:42 remaining. There were 3 different opportunities to score a TD and/or kill time on those last 4 plays before the FG.
When the Traitor kicked his FG to tie, there was 5:31 remaining. Disgraceful coverage, BTW, by Hawkins v. Dallas Clark on the dolts' very first play from scrimmage, after Gostkowski's kickoff.
When Gostkowski kicked his 43-yard FG to make it 34-31, there was 3:49 remaining. Outstanding catch by Grahambo on the first play from scrimmgge after Hobbs' return. Lousy play-calling thereafter by Skippy, incl. 2 clock-stopping incompletions.
And finally, when 12-Men-in-the-Huddle (Too-Many-Men-on-the-Ice?) happened, there was 3:22 remaining. Nice 3-and-Out by the defense, who had both pressure and tight coverage on each play.

The clock stopped with the 3rd-down "incompletion". When Gostkowski kicked the FG to make the score 31-28, there was 7:42 remaining. There were 3 different opportunities to score a TD and/or kill time on those last 4 plays before the FG.
When the Traitor kicked his FG to tie, there was 5:31 remaining. Disgraceful coverage, BTW, by Hawkins v. Dallas Clark on the dolts' very first play from scrimmage, after Gostkowski's kickoff.
When Gostkowski kicked his 43-yard FG to make it 34-31, there was 3:49 remaining. Outstanding catch by Grahambo on the first play from scrimmgge after Hobbs' return. Lousy play-calling thereafter by Skippy, incl. 2 clock-stopping incompletions.
And finally, when 12-Men-in-the-Huddle (Too-Many-Men-on-the-Ice?) happened, there was 3:22 remaining. Nice 3-and-Out by the defense, who had both pressure and tight coverage on each play.

^^^Cousin? Cousin DeeDub???^^^

Re-watch the game, then get back to me!

Here are a few more observations for ToyBoy(this is first half only, yet to rewatch 2nd half again):

1.) Being AT the game, I can honestly say I felt better about our chances(at half) watching it live than I did when I watched the replay. This may sound crazy, but basically from the tape, I got the sense that NE was kicking our ass in the first half. Among the noisy crowd at the Dome, all I knew was it was 21-6 at half, and we get the ball to start the second.

2.) NE Db's (Samuel, Hobbs) made some GREAT PLAYS in the first half. Two long plays to Harrison, Samuel was right there. Passes were SLIGHTLY behind Marvin (had Manning thrown them a bit more to the inside, perhaps Marv has a chance), either way, good coverage. Marv makes those plays on occassion, but he wasn't able to on those. Reggie Wayne had on right in the bread basket in the end zone, but Hobbs DOVE to break up the TD. The other miss was early, when Addai got by Bruschi, had 2 chances to catch the ball, one with hands, one with the ball pinned on his leg, but he doesn't come up with it. The point is, Indy had 4-5 near miss big play balls. This is the exact opposite of the November game, when those "near misses" were "big hits".

3.) NE had pretty much everything go their way for MOST of the first half. The Maroney fumble (which looked like a TD had he not coughed it up) was VERY FORTUNATE. There were 3-4 Colts around the ball, but somehow, it gets knocked out and NE scores. I know this happened to Indy, even though it was a fumble, the NE recovery was certainly MUCh more of a fluke than Indy's recovery. NE went for it on TWO fourth downs. The first was on 4th and your ****, so it made sense to go for it, as it was only 1-2 inches. The second fourth down play was 4th and 6. Long FG, but certainly makable for your new kicker. On THAT play, from my vantage point at the game (field level, 20 yard line, Pats side), it APPEARED as though TB got open on a pick play. Replay shows otherwise (just stacked the receivers), good play for the first.

4.) The Nadir for the Colts came when Pats had a 2nd and 5 from the 27 with about 5 and a half to play in the half. THEN, it turns. A RB loses a yard, 3rd and SIX. THEN, the TBrown interference. IT WAS A GOOD CALL! As Simms stated, the defender had established position, and the offensive player RAN RIGHT THROUGH the defender. FLAG! (first of the game for PATS-they missed a face mask on Wilkins on the kick return just prior to the pick 6, but IMO, no big deal) Even so, PATS still had an opportunity to make good after that. But no, WATSON gets called for motion, then the sack, and out of FG range. It should be noted, all went downhill for Pats shortly after the Bob Kraft National Television Audience NOSE PICK with about 7:30 to play in the half. :eek:

5.) With 2:44, 3rd and 10 from the 12, MANNING AND COLTS get it going. The get into a rythm and put Pats on their heels, move it down the field quickly. Manning is faced with another 3rd and 10 from Colts 28 with :48 on the clock, CONVERTS. Shortly thereafter (Rhodes stuffed on 1st and goal from about the 5), Clark gets open in end zone, defender (Sanders??) has his hand draped all over Clark's inside (left) arm, elbow, essentially forcing him to attempt a one handed grab. THIS IS AS EGREGIOUS AS ANY CALL OF THE DAY. Next, comes the "trip" play. A flag was actually thrown, but for the second week in a row, the initial infraction is over-ruled, no call. The only thing that get s me is that an actual flag was thrown, so the ref obviously saw something. Again, the PRIOR play is where they really screwed up, IMO.

My question though, is this. Where was the flu when Dillon ripped his long gain? What about T.Brown? Did he have the flu on SOME plays and not others? Hobbs and Samuel played great on many plays (they got beat too, but really played well). Did they have the flu? Were they dehydrated? Gaffney had a nice spring in his step in the back of the end zone, was he hurting? Or is it just the guys that don't make the plays that are hurting? The thing that irks me is for example, after the 4 pick debacle in November, many Pat trolls on Indy's board were insinuating that Brady MUST be hurt, it has to be, no way he's 100%. Hell, there are even guys there that will tell you if it were not for this or that, the Pats would have beaten the '85 Bears! It ALWAYS SOMETHING!

4.) The Nadir for the Colts came when Pats had a 2nd and 5 from the 27 with about 5 and a half to play in the half. THEN, it turns. A RB loses a yard, 3rd and SIX. THEN, the TBrown interference. IT WAS A GOOD CALL! As Simms stated, the defender had established position, and the offensive player RAN RIGHT THROUGH the defender. FLAG! (first of the game for PATS-they missed a face mask on Wilkins on the kick return just prior to the pick 6, but IMO, no big deal) Even so, PATS still had an opportunity to make good after that. But no, WATSON gets called for motion, then the sack, and out of FG range. It should be noted, all went downhill for Pats shortly after the Bob Kraft National Television Audience NOSE PICK with about 7:30 to play in the half. :eek:

5.) With 2:44, 3rd and 10 from the 12, MANNING AND COLTS get it going. The get into a rythm and put Pats on their heels, move it down the field quickly. Manning is faced with another 3rd and 10 from Colts 28 with :48 on the clock, CONVERTS. Shortly thereafter (Rhodes stuffed on 1st and goal from about the 5), Clark gets open in end zone, defender (Sanders??) has his hand draped all over Clark's inside (left) arm, elbow, essentially forcing him to attempt a one handed grab. THIS IS AS EGREGIOUS AS ANY CALL OF THE DAY. Next, comes the "trip" play. A flag was actually thrown, but for the second week in a row, the initial infraction is over-ruled, no call. The only thing that get s me is that an actual flag was thrown, so the ref obviously saw something. Again, the PRIOR play is where they really screwed up, IMO.

4) That was NOT a good call, jackoff.

5) That was NOT PI, either.

You conscience-less hick fanboys are a disgrace to the human race. Go to Hell, or Indianapolis. Same place.

4) That was NOT a good call, jackoff.

5) That was NOT PI, either.

You conscience-less hick fanboys are a disgrace to the human race. Go to Hell, or Indianapolis. Same place.
Whatever, all you red neck beer drinking Baaaahhhhston fanboys are alike.

Can't run through the defender, TB did it, he was flagged, bwaaahahahahaha. Finally a decent call.

Clark certainly WAS impeded from catching the ball, defender was ALL OVER his arm, forcing him into a one handed grab, it is clear if you :eek: your eyes.

Can't run through the defender, TB did it, he was flagged, bwaaahahahahaha. Finally a decent call.

Oh for God's sake, the video showed the defender moving back into Brown's path and both of them initiating contact. Inside of five yards, that's a no-call, period.

Clark certainly WAS impeded from catching the ball, defender was ALL OVER his arm, forcing him into a one handed grab, it is clear if you :eek: your eyes.

While I thought it was a good call watching the game live, someone posted a link to a slowed down version of the play on youtube that proved me wrong. The defender waited until the last second and then quickly shifted to his left as Brown was about to make his break.

It was a heady play by the Colt, but it was not a foul. If anything, it should have been called on the defender, but Brown most certainly did *not* just run into a player with established position as I had initially thought.

And the uncalled PI on Hayden(?) was ghastly. If any Colt had been roughed up like that without a flag dropping, Indy's dispicable GM would still be whining. And I don't mean like I am right now, I mean he would have not stopped yet. It was not a bad pass, I was a case where a defender who never even turned his head decided to tackle a guy before the ball even came into the screen. Homerism is fine, but you cannot deny that one.

Oh for God's sake, the video showed the defender moving back into Brown's path and both of them initiating contact. Inside of five yards, that's a no-call, period.
Nah, TB pushed off. Flag.

How do you move "back into Brown's path"?? Brown's "path" was THROUGH the defender.

Had the refs NOT called it, BB would have PICKED up on it, and they would have done it all day. It's not cheating if you don't get caught (Boston area motto). Well, yous got cuaght! :eek:

How do you move "back into Brown's path"?? Brown's "path" was THROUGH the defender.

Had the refs NOT called it, BB would have PICKED up on it, and they would have done it all day. It's not cheating if you don't get caught (Boston area motto). Well, yous got cuaght! :eek:

Please refer to my above post.

While I thought it was a good call watching the game live, someone posted a link to a slowed down version of the play on youtube that proved me wrong. The defender waited until the last second and then quickly shifted to his left as Brown was about to make his break.

It was a heady play by the Colt, but it was not a foul. If anything, it should have been called on the defender, but Brown most certainly did *not* just run into a player with established position as I had initially thought.

And the uncalled PI on Hayden(?) was ghastly. If any Colt had been roughed up like that without a flag dropping, Indy's dispicable GM would still be whining. And I don't mean like I am right now, I mean he would have not stopped yet. It was not a bad pass, I was a case where a defender who never even turned his head decided to tackle a guy before the ball even came into the screen. Homerism is fine, but you cannot deny that one.
So, all the calls that Indy didn't get were because the ref made the proper call, and all the calls Indy did benefit from were wrong? Does that pretty much sum it up?

Seriously,
Brown-Wrong
Clark no call-correct
Wayne no call-correct
Gaffney call-correct (both that heels were NOT on endline, and that ref felt like he WOULD have come down in bounds-bogus)
Caldwell no call-wrong
Wayne call-wrong

6 plays that had impact on result of the drive(s), whether it was 3 instead of 6, or nothing instead of 3, or 6 instead of 3. ANY OTHERS?

EDIT:

Let's throw in the hand to the helmet-wrong?? (BTW, Manning took more than 1 suspect shot on that final drive, the graze was a bit bogus, but contact is contact, unless u r a Pat fan I suppose). Who knows if it would have mattered. 1st and 10 from the 21 or so instead of the 11.

Pretty much any call you don't like is wrong??

Last edited:
So, all the calls that Indy didn't get were because the ref made the proper call, and all the calls Indy did benefit from were wrong? Does that pretty much sum it up?

Seriously,
Brown-Wrong
Clark no call-correct
Wayne no call-correct
Gaffney call-correct (both that heels were NOT on endline, and that ref felt like he WOULD have come down in bounds-bogus)
Caldwell no call-wrong
Wayne call-wrong

6 plays that had impact on result of the drive(s), whether it was 3 instead of 6, or nothing instead of 3, of 6 instead of 3. ANY OTHERS?

If you are going to just spout off like this without even commenting on what I actually wrote, than I guess you really have no interest in a real discussion.

If you are going to just spout off like this without even commenting on what I actually wrote, than I guess you really have no interest in a real discussion.

Please don't feed the trolls. I made the same mistake; never again.

Second Cousin (not first),
Have to agree with Fixit. Your wrong! Your Wrong about Haydens call and you are wrong about Hobbs call,,,,,basically....You're wrong.

Answer this. IF IT WAS HARRISON RUNNING INTO OUR DEFENDER, WOULD HE HAVE DRAWN A FLAG? If you are honest you say no, not if the ref wanted to live after Polian got through to him. He'd have to have his wife start his car for a year.

Seems to me one of your lineman fell on a fumble at the goal line as well?

What is really urinating-you-off is that fact that the Colts SB "win" will forever be tainted and your quarterback fits your team well because his face looks like a horse (or at least a shetland pony). If not a horse, he has a face like a torn sneaker! So there!!!!!!

The NFL tried to give it to Peyton in 2005 and it almost worked. This was just as obvious of a rip-off.

When are the Colts going to win a big game without the refs help?

DW Toys

So, we disagree on the TBrown play. I think it is clear. Certainly contact WAS made, it's not like they called something that you have no idea what they were thinking.

On Reche, I was right there, but down low, so I did not have a great angle, but AT THE GAME, I was WAITING for the flag. I watched the replay of the 2nd half only once so far. I will be watching it again to see what I think. I know that they both played the ball (unlike Hobbs on the 2nd Wayne PI that was actually called), IIRC contact came early, other than that I don't know until I watch it again. Not that this matters, but in Baltimore, they said there was insufficient contact when Wayne was interfered with. It was after 5 yards, contact was made by the defender/ball in air, a flag was thrown, then picked up, and the explanation made no sense to me. Regardless, IMO, that play cancels out the no call(s) just before the half. Each team got 3 instead of 7.

Is there a website/blog that a former ref runs where they answer specfic questions about actual game calls? Interested to see of ANY of these were ever discussed.

Second Cousin (not first),
Have to agree with Fixit. Your wrong! Your Wrong about Haydens call and you are wrong about Hobbs call,,,,,basically....You're wrong.

Answer this. IF IT WAS HARRISON RUNNING INTO OUR DEFENDER, WOULD HE HAVE DRAWN A FLAG? If you are honest you say no, not if the ref wanted to live after Polian got through to him. He'd have to have his wife start his car for a year.

Seems to me one of your lineman fell on a fumble at the goal line as well?

What is really urinating-you-off is that fact that the Colts SB "win" will forever be tainted and your quarterback fits your team well because his face looks like a horse (or at least a shetland pony). If not a horse, he has a face like a torn sneaker! So there!!!!!!

The NFL tried to give it to Peyton in 2005 and it almost worked. This was just as obvious of a rip-off.

When are the Colts going to win a big game without the refs help?

DW Toys

DeeDub toyboy,

'01, THAT's tainted

'03, THAT's tainted

'04, are you kiddin? Can't even guard a 1 legged man?

If ever there was an agenda, it was for the "PATRIOTS" to win it all. It's the 9/11 Conspiracy theory.

It's all crumblin' down now, toyboy. Your luck has runneth out.

32 second half points
69 yards, 3 plays, 24 seconds :eek: :eek: :eek: Doesn't that just get in your craw??

What are you, a fledgling stand up comic??

Will post more later,

but, the 69 yards, 3 plays, 24 seconds is the series where PEYTON took over with 2:17 to go, at the Colts 20. By the time the dust settled, Colts were 1st and 10 at the 11, with 1:54 to play :eek: :eek: :eek:!!!!!
Come on that was pretty good stuff and I never made a comment about the size of your pee-pee like you did mine!
DW Toys

Come on that was pretty good stuff and I never made a comment about the size of your pee-pee like you did mine!
DW Toys
I just inserted that to see if you really read it.

We can agree to disagree on TBrown call. YOU GUYS STILL SCREWED UP THE NEXT PLAYS, motion, sack.

Reche, IMO, cancels out Clark. it WAS PI, defender was draped on his arm, if you can't see it, then your eyes are not open.

The goal line fumbles? yes, ironically, BOTH teams had an O-lineman score. But seriously, that ball squirting out under a pile of Colts? Much more of a "fluke" than the ball being right there for Saturday to cover.

Hobbs was all over Wayne on the second PI, he was beat, he wasn't playing the ball, the ball was right there for Wayne to catch.

GREAT GAME, GREAT ATMOSPHERE, GLAD YOU LOST FOR ONCE!

I just inserted that to see if you really read it.

We can agree to disagree on TBrown call. YOU GUYS STILL SCREWED UP THE NEXT PLAYS, motion, sack.

Reche, IMO, cancels out Clark. it WAS PI, defender was draped on his arm, if you can't see it, then your eyes are not open.

The goal line fumbles? yes, ironically, BOTH teams had an O-lineman score. But seriously, that ball squirting out under a pile of Colts? Much more of a "fluke" than the ball being right there for Saturday to cover.

Hobbs was all over Wayne on the second PI, he was beat, he wasn't playing the ball, the ball was right there for Wayne to catch.

GREAT GAME, GREAT ATMOSPHERE, GLAD YOU LOST FOR ONCE!

You know third cousin,
Your right about everything. What was I thinking? You sure showed me and all the other knowledgeable fellows on the NE Pats thread who replied to your nonsense! I admit I am not a knowledgeable guy like you and some others. I comment for fun, not as a duel of one-upsmanship.......but.........Can you please send us a copy of the Pats/Colts Championship game you watched at the asylum so we can all see what you are talking about and watched?
And Peyton Manning still has a face like a torn sneaker!
By the Way 01, 02 and 04 has a good "ring" to it, and that one legged idiot was out performed by a 5' 8" smurf. Whoops! Sorry I forgot you won.
And I cannot recall a single major blown officials call in those three games. I'd say fair and square but I will let you rule on that. Now if the Polian Colts were playing............
Anyway He Bang Me......You definitely win the argument up and down the line. You are right I surrender but I can't speak for anyone else.
I am retiring to dress my wounds.
DW Toys

I'm from the NY/Mass border and go to the University of Buffalo and one of my roommates (both of them are Bills fans) owns the TV in our dorm, so naturally to punish me they kept NFL Network on for about 3 straight days after the game. And everytime they see it on NFL replay they leave it on. It was torture for a long time but I've become desensitized to it. Plus who cares what they think they're Bills fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News