PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I finally did it. I watched the AFC Championship Game again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wahhhhhh!!!

69 yards, 3 plays, 24 seconds:eek:

Caldwell's ball was overthrown. No way officials let NE benefit from that poorly thrown ball.

Cousin,
Stagger off your bar stool for a second. Over thrown? What play was that? It was overthrown to even an ant because your CB buddy had Caldwell wrapped up like he had a straight jacket on. Caldwell had more finger prints over his body on that one play, than the FBI has in their entire files. Say, didn't Polian change the NFL rules because he didn't like the way Law abused his boys?

Poorly thrown ball? What's up with that? Your Colt CB looked like he was on a date with him in the back seat after a few drinks and some dirty words! Your right, that wasn't P.I. it was heavy petting! The N.E. trainer had to check Caldwell out for "hickies" after that play!!.........Poorly disguised assault and battery perhaps.

Quote-"No way the officials let NE benefit from a poorly thrown ball?" If it was coming in end over end it's still P.I. buckaroo! So if Brady's' spiral was as perfect as Peyton "by God" Manning, he would have gotten the P.I. call? Cool! I am sure BB will make note of that. Bad Tommy! CAN'T THROW A SPIRAL AS NEAT AS PEYTON! But then again,look how Peyton got the call on Hobbs and Brown because he throws a better spiral.....see?

Say? Are we talking about the Pats/Colts Championship game? The one where the officials look up in the booth and see how ballistic Pollian might be getting as they reach for the fla....."nah, better not", and everyone else in the world including the announcers, are saying, "o.k. that's a first down on the one yard line for the Pats". That was also including every member of the Colts who had their annal pores puckering waiting for the flag to be correctly dispersed? I saw the Colts sideline performing Ring-Around-The-Rosey when the official looked up at Polian and he mouthed "don't even think about it" as the hankie was put away. It only meant Superbowl to one team or the other. No big deal.......Or...is this some another game?

69 Yards? What are you talking about Cousin. I am saying less that three minutes on your Colts one yard line.
I don't know what 69 yards, 3 plays and 24 seconds means.
P.S. Your quarterback is funny looking! Nya,Nya!
DW Toys

I agree with you, it was certainly defensive holding if not pass interference. Even then, Caldwell almost made a spectacular one-handed grab in the right corner of the end zone for a TD. Ironically, the defender was the rookie Hayden who, after the release of Nick Harper, the Colts are hoping will start. You usually don't see rookies, especially nickel-backs like Hayden, get that kind of respect from officials, particularly in the playoffs.

QB12
Excellent point. The Colts perhaps deserved the game because of the come back but should not need the extra help.
DW Toys

That actually happened in the 4th quarter with a little over 3 minutes to play while we were up 34-31.

I believe the penalty you're referring to is the PI on Brown.

Yes, you're right. Thanks for the correction!

Dont forget Heath Evans being the 12th man in the huddle. We got 4th and 3 and could of been a firstdown if we had 1st and 10 and not 1st and 15.

Alexander and Rashad getting significant minutes in the second half tells me all I need to know.

I don't have to watch it again.

Same thing happened to me. I was watching the game with three friends, all of them pretty knowledgeable about football, although I was the only Pats fan. Anyway, they show "Baker" out there and one of my buddies goes "who is Baker." I looked down and muttered "I don't know." All my friends gave me a sorry glance, as though my dog had just died or something. At that point, we all knew a loss was imminent.

Me three. People were like, "You're the Pats fan...who's that?"

All I could say was, "A bad sign."

Can this thread die untill we win the superbowl again? Please? Please?

Can this thread die untill we win the superbowl again? Please? Please?

I believe the memory of that game should fuel our enthusiasm for next season. Could you imagine how pumped Gillette would be if the Colts walked in on a cold, snowy January evening trying to defend their title?

In response to any accusations of non calls. 2 words.

Tuck Rule.

Ok thats all that needs to ever be said. Your dynasty is built on a gift a referee gave to you. Hell even the Americas game episode admits that. You lose all leveradge in any arguement about refereeing because of it. So just be quiet.

Tuck Rule.

Ok thats all that needs to ever be said. Your dynasty is built on a gift a referee gave to you. Hell even the Americas game episode admits that. You lose all leveradge in any arguement about refereeing because of it. So just be quiet.

Mr.Wainwright Cousin, I beg to differ.
The Tuck rule was just that, a rule. No Patriots were screaming about this on the sidelines like "Tuck,Tuck,Tuck"! Most of America did not even know there was a Tuck rule. The Pats didn't invent it.
O.K. Lets comment on that play. Nobody remembers the shot that Brady took to the helmet by Raider CB Charles Woodson with his hand and wrist. Check the tape sir. it should have been fifteen closer to the goal line and perhaps no overtime. I have seen less contact draw a PF every single Sunday.

Now lets go back to 1976 and discuss the roughing on Stabler by Pats DE Sugar Bear Hamilton when the Pats were the better team that day. That was robbery without a gun. That, kind sir was the equal to The Snow Game Tuck Rule indeed!
How come you Raider fans never mention the 1976 game or the forearm shot in the Snow game. I would have rather had the owed 15 anyway.

Now about the Colts game, excuse me tainted gift SB. Hayden got away with murder with three minutes left to go that changed the Colts destiny. A damned rookie, no less! The call is made the Colts don't win...period. The Pats have it on the one with less than three minutes, instead they have to go FG.If it was the first quarter, Oh well! But not the biggest play in the game that send the Colts to the SB. Too big of a blown call sir.

Ironically it was Pollian who screamed for a change in a sterner PI calls.If it was Harrison or Wayne, admit its PI if it's the Pats. Hayden just didn't mug him, he raped him. People have gotten pregnant with less contact. You won. You came back but it's gotta hurt some knowing you got help.

Sorry, No point on this one for you.

I do credit them for coming back and the Pats uncharacteristically playing poor in the 2nd half with third stringers. But that's the nature of the game.
DW Toys

i still havent put the score on my poster board yet :rofl:

Pissing contest.

Now about the Colts game, excuse me tainted gift SB. Hayden got away with murder with three minutes left to go that changed the Colts destiny. A damned rookie, no less! The call is made the Colts don't win...period. The Pats have it on the one with less than three minutes, instead they have to go FG.If it was the first quarter, Oh well! But not the biggest play in the game that send the Colts to the SB. Too big of a blown call sir.

Ironically it was Pollian who screamed for a change in a sterner PI calls.If it was Harrison or Wayne, admit its PI if it's the Pats. Hayden just didn't mug him, he raped him. People have gotten pregnant with less contact.
DW Toys

In the interest of full disclosure, in the case of Hayden v. BugEyes: the non-call occurred with 7:45 remaining in the 4th quarter, not 3:00. And in light of recent events, calling the obvious PI "rape" and "murder" does a disservice to the victims of those crimes.

Reading this thread made me stick the tape back in the VCR. It's amazing, upon further review, how many chances the patsies had to bury the dolts; and how a bad play-call here, a wrong formation there, or faulty officiating, or incompetant execution, would change the course of a down, or a series, or a drive, or eventually a game, a dynasty, a life.

In the interest of full disclosure, in the case of Hayden v. BugEyes: the non-call occurred with 7:45 remaining in the 4th quarter, not 3:00. And in light of recent events, calling the obvious PI "rape" and "murder" does a disservice to the victims of those crimes.

Reading this thread made me stick the tape back in the VCR. It's amazing, upon further review, how many chances the patsies had to bury the dolts; and how a bad play-call here, a wrong formation there, or faulty officiating, or incompetant execution, would change the course of a down, or a series, or a drive, or eventually a game, a dynasty, a life.

YES, THANK YOU. I AGREE WITH YOUR OBSERVATIONS. I CORRECT MYSELF. I BELIEVE THAT AFTER THE "BUG-EYES" INCIDENT BY THE TIME THE FIELD GOAL WAS MADE THERE WAS 3 MINUTES LEFT, CORRECT?(NO TAPE TO WATCH) I FEEL THAT JUST THAT ONE PLAY IN PARTICULAR CHANGED THE WHOLE COURSE OF THE GAME. IT CHANGED THE COURSE OF A FRANCHISE (OURS), THAT COULD HAVE RUINED EVERY BODIES DAY EXCEPT FOR THE PATS FANS, BY HAVING FORBIDDEN PEYTONS' TRIP TO THE SB.
CHANGES? BB HAS SEEN AND LEARNED EVEN MORE ABOUT THIS GAME, AND HAS MADE THE NECESSARY ADJUSTMENTS TO NEVER SEE A REPEAT.
DW TOYS

Cousin,
Stagger off your bar stool for a second. Over thrown? What play was that? It was overthrown to even an ant because your CB buddy had Caldwell wrapped up like he had a straight jacket on. Caldwell had more finger prints over his body on that one play, than the FBI has in their entire files. Say, didn't Polian change the NFL rules because he didn't like the way Law abused his boys?

Poorly thrown ball? What's up with that? Your Colt CB looked like he was on a date with him in the back seat after a few drinks and some dirty words! Your right, that wasn't P.I. it was heavy petting! The N.E. trainer had to check Caldwell out for "hickies" after that play!!.........Poorly disguised assault and battery perhaps.

Quote-"No way the officials let NE benefit from a poorly thrown ball?" If it was coming in end over end it's still P.I. buckaroo! So if Brady's' spiral was as perfect as Peyton "by God" Manning, he would have gotten the P.I. call? Cool! I am sure BB will make note of that. Bad Tommy! CAN'T THROW A SPIRAL AS NEAT AS PEYTON! But then again,look how Peyton got the call on Hobbs and Brown because he throws a better spiral.....see?

Say? Are we talking about the Pats/Colts Championship game? The one where the officials look up in the booth and see how ballistic Pollian might be getting as they reach for the fla....."nah, better not", and everyone else in the world including the announcers, are saying, "o.k. that's a first down on the one yard line for the Pats". That was also including every member of the Colts who had their annal pores puckering waiting for the flag to be correctly dispersed? I saw the Colts sideline performing Ring-Around-The-Rosey when the official looked up at Polian and he mouthed "don't even think about it" as the hankie was put away. It only meant Superbowl to one team or the other. No big deal.......Or...is this some another game?

69 Yards? What are you talking about Cousin. I am saying less that three minutes on your Colts one yard line.
I don't know what 69 yards, 3 plays and 24 seconds means.
P.S. Your quarterback is funny looking! Nya,Nya!
DW Toys
What are you, a fledgling stand up comic??

Will post more later,

but, the 69 yards, 3 plays, 24 seconds is the series where PEYTON took over with 2:17 to go, at the Colts 20. By the time the dust settled, Colts were 1st and 10 at the 11, with 1:54 to play :eek: :eek: :eek:!!!!!

Tuck Rule.

Sometimes it's very easy to spot people who just watch football, as opposed to those who know football.

Caldwell would not have scored, although they probably get first and goal. IMO, Tom saw him, but :eek: just stood there, when, IMO, he should have flown his butt to the end zone.

I'm more bitter about the no call pass itnerference call on Reche in the endzone and the call on Hobbs in the endzone.

Tuck Rule.

It's all relative, if they didn't ge the tuck rule then the dynasty would ahve begun two years later. and this past year would have been the third superbowl and who knows if they hadn't been shafted against the broncos the year preceding.

I haven't been able to watch the game but I believe the turning point was that horrible offensive PI call on Troy Brown (kind of ironic that Polian always whinned about the rough DB play). Then Brady takes a long sack and the Colts score at the end of the half. The Pats were rolling and would have had 1 & 10 on the Colt 20. Instead the Colts got rolling that very drive & were able to build momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes