PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I finally did it. I watched the AFC Championship Game again

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheaters_162.jpg

I always feared if we went to Indy for a playoff game it would be the worst officiated game ever....and my fears were realized. If somebody needs more evidence that the refs were helping the Colts last year, go to Vrabel's "hands to the face" penalty in the regular season...he never raised his hand above the belt.

Denver fans argued that Samuel was 'in the receiver's path' in that playoff game....Samuel got a PI by merely incidently bumping shoulders with the receiver WHILE TRYING TO PLAY THE BALL...and Hayden gets a no-call.

Denver fans argued that Samuel was 'in the receiver's path' in that playoff game....Samuel got a PI by merely incidently bumping shoulders with the receiver WHILE TRYING TO PLAY THE BALL...and Hayden gets a no-call.

Preaching to the choir. I was flipping out there, and the Colts fans thought it was the greatest (non) call in the world.

Which is odd, because they thought Hobbs was guilty on the face-guarding call.

Baffling.

Preaching to the choir. I was flipping out there, and the Colts fans thought it was the greatest (non) call in the world.

Which is odd, because they thought Hobbs was guilty on the face-guarding call.

Baffling.

It might have been so obvious the ref may have not believed his own eyes

"No NFL player would interfere like THAT...would he?"

Cousin (third),
Hey Bang Me, where is my DVD of the Championship game. Johnny U wasn't the QB was he? Say..... is this a Beta Max?

Just saw the vid shot again. The Indy Super Bowl is forever tainted. I would like to see it your Beta Max copy so I can see how the penalty looked to you (I mean non call).I just would like to know how come the NFL has allowed the Colts to play the last two Championship games 16 to 11? The Steelers, Man you have to give them credit. They flat thwarted the refs attempts.

If I were you I'd slink away and not touch this one. But....I know you win cause you get the last word and all so I will let you win again and say you won. You know a whole lot more better than me too.
You win dude.
Good night sweet prince!
DW Toys

Well, that picture is clear as day!!! Great Post!!! Actually, Reche does get held up a bit at the goal line, but he gets by Hayden, turns and actually squares his shoulders to Brady, and waits, and waits for the ball. All that waiting and he is unable to position himself correctly to catch the ball, and it ends up somewhat "behind him" where he has to reach his right arm out but behind his head. He played horribly that game. BTW, on the previous play, as Brady throws the ball to the 15 yard line, Bethea is moving out to make a play, by the time Reche starts to bobbbbobbbobobbbbobbbllleeebobble it, Bethea is about 3 steps away, no way he gets past maybe the 11 yard line.

Look at the NEXT drive, Colts are deep in Pat territory, 2nd and medium, and Wayne does a comeback route to the left sideline, Hobbs breaks on the ball, gets his hand inside of Wayne's left arm, and bats it away. GREAT PLAY. Now, go back to the last Colt drive of the first half, Dallas is open in the end zone, Sanders is beat, ball is there, Sanders gets his hand/arm on Clarks left arm, crook of elbow, and renders that arm unusable to aide in catching the pass. Blatent PI.

The crew that worked this game is the crew that called the fewest number of defensive PI calls all season. You'd think Pats fans would have been estatic to have this crew, knowing they might take advantage of this fact, as they were wanton to do in 2003.

When people talk about the '05 Steelers and their SB, THAT game is remembered for horrible officiating. I have not seen that sentiment about this game.

69 yards, 3 plays, 24 seconds :eek: :eek: :eek:

And then, Wilfork gets a pancake for breakfast.

The LOUDEST though, was when Jackson picked Brady to end the game.

NE and Brady had plenty of chances, they blew it. Colts took advantage of their opportunities. Good luck with :eek: and the rest of the crew.

Do you ever wonder why Indy only has 1 title instead of 4 in a row?

That is a better question for you. Why did tark lose 4? Why did Marino only sniff it once? What took Elway so long? How's come Staubach could never beat Bradshaw? Why did the league want the Patriots to win so bad? How did Favre finally get past Dallas? Steve Young, he won more than 1 right? NO? Man, it sure seems like he did.

That is a better question for you.

No, I'm just curious if you realized that if the Colts of the previous 3 seasons had lived up to the hype, they'd be champions 4 years running.

I just think it's odd that a team's title is extra special b/c they crapped the bed so badly in the playoffs prior to that.

Well, that picture is clear as day!!! Great Post!!! Actually, Reche does get held up a bit at the goal line, but he gets by Hayden, turns and actually squares his shoulders to Brady, and waits, and waits for the ball. All that waiting and he is unable to position himself correctly to catch the ball, and it ends up somewhat "behind him" where he has to reach his right arm out but behind his head. He played horribly that game.

We disagree.

Sincerely,

The facts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23oEg5ljBkY

Replay it as much as you like, the flag never flies!!

Anyone have footage that got the 5 yard rule EMPHASIZED the following year?

Replay it as much as you like, the flag never flies!!

Anyone have footage that got the 5 yard rule EMPHASIZED the following year?

Playing within the rules that change a year later is different than a missed call on a blatant violation of the rules that are in place.

Just because the flag never flies doesn't mean the player was not interfered with.

Playing within the rules that change a year later is different than a missed call on a blatant violation of the rules that are in place.

Just because the flag never flies doesn't mean the player was not interfered with.

playing within the rules? That year your Defensive Backs consistently mugged our receivers on multiple plays. Far from playing within the rules. There should have been atleast 5 more PI's called

:eek:
My how times have changed

BTW what rules did the Colts get changed?

What, does one of you blow a horn and the rest come a-runnin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back