PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I feel better about this team midway through week 4...

Status
Not open for further replies.
this year?

i do not see ANY teams i would consider elite...

the skins arent that good, yet they played the giants to OT, and then beat the boys...

and the titans have that defense, but no offense...

is any other team unbeaten so far?

no need to mention the ravens....

and the bills complete the list of unbeatens...and i think we can take the bills D, and win the trench battle agaisnt them as well...

no one this season is an elite team...which gives us a damn good chance of 18-1

If you are drinking, put the beer down now :eat3:

You say there are no elite teams which is true but then you say the Pats have a damn good chance at 18-1? - Are you for real ??????????????

A successful season this year for the Patriots would have to be considered a 5th or 6th seed - Anything higher is reaching for the stars

But 18-1??? After reading this my hair is standing up on end

forgetting about who played who and beat who, who we beat blah blah blah. the only thing that is going to matter down the line is if (1) or QB play steps up and is better than average and (2) our defense can tackle. hopefully the D solved that horrendous play against the option, because you know we are going to get a heavy dose of michael robinson and frank gore running it this week

If you are drinking, put the beer down now :eat3:

You say there are no elite teams which is true but then you say the Pats have a damn good chance at 18-1? - Are you for real ??????????????

A successful season this year for the Patriots would have to be considered a 5th or 6th seed - Anything higher is reaching for the stars

But 18-1??? After reading this my hair is standing up on end

get used to teh feeling :D

Saying the team has a damn good shot at 18-1 is perspective?

youre messing up the order of the posts...18-1 is something i siad after that post u quoted...

secondly, at the start of last season, was 16-0 in perspective?

I love the optimism, but you're reaching. Teams are going to match up differently with each other than their record suggests. The Chiefs and Jets winning today means *nothing* in terms of how good the patriots are. We played good defense against the Jets, and one play away from losing to the Chiefs.

I need to see a solid , well rounded effort from this team before I'm putting them in the playoffs, I could care less about what they've done the past 7 years. Almost like the idiot lemmings that booed the team in Gillette , but different.

So you put other teams in the playoffs with the above bolded excuse but refuse to put the patriots in the playoffs until they play a near-perfect all around game?

The Jets and Chiefs games were both well-rounded efforts, the Miami game was a fluke. Or by well-rounded do you mean dominant 30+ point wins like last year?

Also while no team looks elite right now, it's still week 4. The elite teams will pull away from the pack in the 2nd half of the year. It isn't only week 4 for the patriots but also week 4 for everyone else in the NFL. Coaching is not a big difference maker this early either with such little tape to look at. As the season goes on, as there is more tape to study, teams will be better prepared for each other, and coaching/talent will begin to dominate.

I am still 100% confident that the Patriots are a top team in the NFL this year and still believe they will win 12 games.

I am still 100% confident that the Patriots are a top team in the NFL this year and still believe they will win 12 games.

What makes you so confident?

What makes you so confident?

The team has a lot of proven talent. They also have some young players with a lot of upside and potential. The coaches, especially BB/SP, have an incredibly proven track record. The patriots are still a very very good football team. Cassel still has upside and room to grow, while even if his growth isn't that great the coaches have ability to put him in positions to succeed. Taking advantage of his strengths and masking his weaknesses.

I don't understand why it is more plausible that this team goes from best ever to bad because of one player, no matter how amazingly great that one player was. This is football, the ultimate team sport. Brady would have 0 rings if he was QB'ing the Bengals or Lions, but that doesn't mean Brady isn't the GOAT.

I'd be surprised if this team doesn't win the division or at least make the playoffs. The AFC has taken a huge dump this season, just in time when Tom went down.

I'd be surprised if this team doesn't win the division or at least make the playoffs. The AFC has taken a huge dump this season, just in time when Tom went down.

I hope you're right. Lets see what we do next week, if another Fins debacle takes place, I would seriously doubt your claim.

Bills, Jets, Titans, Chargers and the Jaguars all won today.

Only loss I was happy with was Chiefs over Broncos. Overall a bad day in terms of teams I was rooting for.

I actually looked at yesterday as a positive. I want Indy to get destroyed this year. Those teams you mentioned winning will make it harder for the Colts to make the playoffs. The Colts thought with Brady going down that it would be a nice laid back 14-2/13-3 road. Looks like this year will be a great struggle for Indy with all those playoff caliber teams getting off to good starts.

I hope you're right. Lets see what we do next week, if another Fins debacle takes place, I would seriously doubt your claim.

Me too. It's damn sure not the first time a ****ty Dolphins team walked over the Pats (see 2006) If it happens the next week again, I'm waving the white flag. 2-2, I don't care. You can't lose to the niners and fins back to back.

lets see here...

we beat the chiefs, who are going to beat an undefeated denver team...

this same denver team scored like 40 pts a game so far, the chiefs D kept em to under 20...

we beat the jets, who just scored 56 on arizona...we kept that defense to the teens if i am correct....

which means our offense and defense arnt quite that bad :D

OMG! What does this say about Miami?:eek:

Our two biggest divison rivals won. I feel worse.

This league is wide open. No team is a clear favorite right now for any division let alone a conference or the league.

The team we have I feel can beat any team in the league. They can also lose to any team in the league. The personel is there, it's going to come down to coaching. If Bill can have another 2001 then we can very well go all the way.

OMG! What does this say about Miami?:eek:
That they drafted well, got back a secondary leader just in time for NE, got their hands on a good QB, good TEs, and their RBs have sobered/healed up in time. In short, they are getting better.

That they drafted well, got back a secondary leader just in time for NE, got their hands on a good QB, good TEs, and their RBs have sobered/healed up in time. In short, they are getting better.

Miami sucks and will remain one of the worst teams in the league this year. Stick a fork in us we're done.

This league is wide open. No team is a clear favorite right now for any division let alone a conference or the league.

The team we have I feel can beat any team in the league. They can also lose to any team in the league. The personel is there, it's going to come down to coaching. If Bill can have another 2001 then we can very well go all the way.

Completely agree with this post. League is wide open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back