PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I feel bad for Randy Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember Branch quitting on the field like that dog Moss.

Good try?

Avg'ng 84receptions a year in 3 yrs(1 w/o Braday), and catching 50TD's in 52 Reg Season games as a Patriot is quitting on the field, uh huh.

Yup I forgot quitting isn't refusing to play while you're still under contract in your final year, being fined $14k per day, and punching your ticket out of town. Branch quit on the team for Selfish reasons and 3+yrs of doing nothing in seattle brought a reality check. In the end, who took him back again ? Some guy with initials BB.

As for that ring he never got. I don't blame Carey; it was a judgment call and Eli never stopped moving--Carey decided to "let 'em play" at the most important moment of the most important game and, as a fan, I just can't fault that as much as it hurts. I don't blame Asante (for this! :mad: ); in real time that "missed" INT was a bang-bang moment and it would have been a great pick had he made it.

I watched "America's Game - 2007 Giants" recently. They showed the "Catch" play multiple times, in slow motion. The holding on that play was so obvious that it finally gave me peace about the whole thing. We just got flat-out screwed.

I blame Asante not for missing that INT but for giving up on the Tyree play and leaving his man uncovered (see Rodney Harrison's breakdown of the play).

I do blame calling Cover Zero and leaving Hobbes alone on Plaxico. If you're gonna throw the goddam, mother ******* kitchen sink at a guy like Manning under those circumstances and with those stakes, well you have to get to him because he's going to make a play if you don't; the risk was too high.
I will never understand this.

Avg'ng 84receptions a year in 3 yrs(1 w/o Braday), and catching 50TD's in 52 Reg Season games as a Patriot is quitting on the field, uh huh.

Yup I forgot quitting isn't refusing to play while you're still under contract in your final year, being fined $14k per day, and punching your ticket out of town. Branch quit on the team for Selfish reasons and 3+yrs of doing nothing in seattle brought a reality check. In the end, who took him back again ? Some guy with initials BB.

Everything Moss did was 10x worse than anything Branch ever did.

Did you not follow Moss prepats? He has been a cancer everywhere he has played. Branch didn't quit on the team, he wanted more $, and we've seen that a thousand times from players. You're trying to find stats that show Branch quit because you couldn't tell, Moss on the other hand visibly quit in 5+ games. Moss forced BB's hand, as per usual. BB would NEVER allow Moss back in NE.

I feel like this about Randy.

He has amazing talents that the rest of us lack (and envy) and it's brought him money and fame. I don't think he is a mean or selfish person but he is missing some things that the rest of us can take for granted and that makes life hard for him despite his good luck. So he's a poor little rich boy and, yes, I'm sorry for him and, no, I'm not hammered.

(I was going to change my sig. when Randy was traded, but then I thought "no", it tells us something BB thought then -- and he wasn't wrong.)

I guess I don't feel badly for Randy.

He had it all. Best QB in the NFL. Best HC in the NFL. Adoring fans. Team capable of winning it all.

To toss that all away because he didn't know what was coming next....sorry but I just can't gin up any sympathy.

Moss reminds me of Manny Ramirez. Manny would have been fine to stay in Boston but he just got it in his child like head that if the Sox wouldn't pick up the option and give him peace of mind regarding 2009, he was going to be a total ********. Same regarding Moss. He let his insecurity about 2011-12 doom 2010-11.

All that said, I think Randy was wildly diminishing in usefulness. His number for the Pats were way down this season. He was open much less. Yeah, his size, speed and talent translated into production at times, but he had slipped a lot by the time BB pawned him off on the Vikes.

I guess I don't feel badly for Randy.

He had it all. Best QB in the NFL. Best HC in the NFL. Adoring fans. Team capable of winning it all.

To toss that all away because he didn't know what was coming next....sorry but I just can't gin up any sympathy.

Moss reminds me of Manny Ramirez. Manny would have been fine to stay in Boston but he just got it in his child like head that if the Sox wouldn't pick up the option and give him peace of mind regarding 2009, he was going to be a total ********. Same regarding Moss. He let his insecurity about 2011-12 doom 2010-11.

All that said, I think Randy was wildly diminishing in usefulness. His number for the Pats were way down this season. He was open much less. Yeah, his size, speed and talent translated into production at times, but he had slipped a lot by the time BB pawned him off on the Vikes.
Excellent analogy. Moss and Manny handled things very similarly.

people will forget about cheering for randy moss, i know i never will. he really is a tragic figure, ive never seen a player lose it so fast, if he stayed quiet and finished it out in NE he would have at least gotten a decent contract, but it was obvious after he left that he didnt have anything left in the tank.

for better or worse, one of my greatest memories of a football fan was the patriots winning against the giants and finishing 16-0, the greatest moment....Brady to Moss, at that point all patriots fans could feel was jubilation.

One day I want my grave to read: "This man hated Asante Samuel." And that's all. I'm also on board with your feeling of Randy Moss. As well thinking of the Patriots & 2007 when consuming alcohol - in fact, maybe you can't have one without the other.

Don't forget to add Mike "I inexplicably swallowed my whistle on the last drive of SB XLII" Carey to the "hate" portion of your epitaph as well.

Moss was great in his time here in NE...loved every second he was on the field. Mad that he threw that all away..but still love the guy and his abilities.

I would take him back in a heartbeat if the price was right and in the right role.

IMO he is a good lockerroom presence.

I always wish the Real 81 well, in whatever he does....

Yeah I feel bad for Randy too..must suck earning millions of dollars for playing a sport.

Last edited:
Yeah I feel bad for Randy too..must suck earning millions of dollars for playing a sport.

True, but it must really suck having such a shallow view of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes