PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I could see us facing Redskins in Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
The person who originated this thread should be banned for a minimum of a month..

Living in Washington, I have been exposed to some of the worst homerism anywhere when it comes to the Skins.

It's nothing unusual, they were worse in the early and mid nineties when they were winning superbowls and somewhat respectable.

Since Sunday, all hear on the radio is how the Redskins faced 2 of 3 undefeated teams in the championship - losing twice - and how 21 (Sean Taylor) is the number of consecutive games the Patriots will have won by then. Of course, these are the same people who mentioned that another team lost a player in Louisiana, but forgot who it was.

My call? There will by 91 total points scored and all but 21 will be by the Pats.

boys, boys

i see no one who can play w the Cokeboys when they are on. which they will be. the Packers are pretenders. and the rest are the B team.

we better get emotionally ready for a frickin battle in Phoenix against a VERY GOOD team. (after having to beat the defending champ colts again) it wont be like playing the Grossman-led Bears, last year.

wishing for anything less, is just that, wishful thinking. :rolleyes:

Thank you for bringing some semblance of order to this thread.

I agree...Dallas with a health T.O. is a very dangerous team. Washington is a pretender like Seattle, TB and the Giants.
T.O. gets the dropsies a lot. I'll take Moss over him any day. I know, you probably would too. T.O. also has the high ankle sprain. We don't know his status. You did mention his health. Tony Romo is not big game tested. Bottom line, I don't know about Dallas, same with Green Bay or any other NFC team. New England and Indy are the only two teams that are battle tested, to me.

The NFC is basically a walkover for Dallas as long as Romo doesn't have a Jessica Simpson Game.

Not only could it happen but by all logic it's supposed to happen.

I never said it "couldn't" happen. I was simply disagreeing with his assestment of the NFC. I don't see Dallas as unbeatable, they have played like crap for about a month now. Seattle is a team that has been winning and has fallen below the radar, probably because of the turd they dropped in Carolina. Tampa has a very good defense, but also put out a stinker against SF. Washington is hot right now playing their best ball of the season. Green Bay has been solid with the exception of the Bears game. I doubt Manning plays like that again this week etc..

The point is no one in the NFC has been playing as well as the Skins during the month of December. I'm not saying the Skins will be in the SuperBowl or that Dallas won't be, all I'm saying is don't simply pencil Dallas in.

And that logic doesn't work. It is a rarity for two number one seeds to meet in the SuperBowl (9 times). The last time was Buffalo and Dallas in 1993.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes