PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I can't wait to get the season started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I know we still have some holes but i am looking forward to see the D out there even though it's mostly the same players besides wilson. Think it will be a fun year. The WR issue will be fixed (hopefully) by start of season.

billbe-neck-roll-2-24-131.gif

BB seems jazzed about the season as well

The Pats are behind last year in roster talent, sans Adrian. It isn't ahead of last year, behind. Welker, Woodhead and probably others will leave.

But, it's still early in the offseason. There will most likely be free agents signed affordably.

reidnoms.gif

Reid already in mid season form.

The Pats are behind last year in roster talent,

They are the same if not better on D. On O they have the WR situation..other than that they still have all the main pieces

The Pats are behind last year in roster talent, sans Adrian. It isn't ahead of last year, behind. Welker, Woodhead and probably others will leave.

But, it's still early in the offseason. There will most likely be free agents signed affordably.

IMO they are ahead of where they were in terms of secondary and behind @ the receiver position. I think with the maturation of Dennard, Jones, Hightower and Wilson the defense will finally be where we want it to. The addition of a guy who can rush the passer inside and out would really put them over the top. Talent and size need to be added on the perimeter of the offense though. Health is the biggest key moving foreword in my opinion. If Gronk and Hernandez play 16+ games and we can add another option thats able to consistently beat man coverage we'll be playing in deep into January again.

One of the fantastic things about football is how much everyone - from player to commentator to fan - loves the game. Nobody is happy to see the offseason!

It's one of those sports that's just more fun than anything else. It has that level of promise and excitement that frankly is unmatched by any other sport.

Truly the perfect game. 16 weeks! That's it! And yet it dominates our attention like no other.

I think it goes without being said that around here we all cant wait for September.

That being said more than other years I am very intrigued to see the rest of the team building process (not that I am not always).

IMO there is a good chunk of change left to spend, only a few significant holes to fill, and a draft still to take place.

I think seeing such a large turnover at WR and the replacements still to come has me on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens. Plus the rumors of us being interested in a Pass Rusher.

I kind of feel like I am in a holding patern right now waiting for that WR and rusher. I cant turn the page to the draft until something good or bad happens with Abraham, Freeney, and to lesser degrees Dumerville and Osi. Other than Sanders there isnt a clear option at WR so while I still feel there is a hole there I guess maybe its more the rushers that have me stuck right now.

In short I cant wait for the season as always but right now I think we arent ready (not that I am concerned about BB filling the holes just need to see it shake down).

One of the fantastic things about football is how much everyone - from player to commentator to fan - loves the game. Nobody is happy to see the offseason!

It's one of those sports that's just more fun than anything else. It has that level of promise and excitement that frankly is unmatched by any other sport.

Truly the perfect game. 16 weeks! That's it! .
if they don't stop f_king with the damn rules that's all going to change sooner then you think. I for one don't like where they are going with the game. they should have all the players sign wavers acknowledging how dangerous the game is and go back to what the rules were in the 70s back when obs were football players.

I think there's still some work to be done so for now I can wait. I still would like to see a pass rusher and a 1st round caliber prospect at CB or S, or one more solid FA signing there (Asomugha/Winfield/etc). Unless Wilson truly is the solution we still have a hole at safety and we can't afford to not address that this year. I do not want Gregory getting majority snaps again at one of the safety spots. Also need another WR or 2. Sanders, Lloyd, DHB are some options 2 of those would be nice.

I know we still have some holes but i am looking forward to see the D out there even though it's mostly the same players besides wilson. Think it will be a fun year. The WR issue will be fixed (hopefully) by start of season.

I cannot wait either. Happy to have this forum and all you guys in to talk football in the meantime

Once the draft comes and goes, then I'll be feeling the rush.

A lot of people are concerned about the current state of the roster, to which I have two responses:
* It's only March. Training Camp starts in July/August. Reassess then.
* For the past 2 years, the team as constructed has been Super Bowl caliber.

There really aren't a lot of wholes the Patriots had to fill to begin with. Sure, the biggest change will be adapting to the loss of Welker, but I have faith that McDaniels will alter the approach of the offense so it won't be as Slot-WR dependent.

When you look at the roster, the only areas that need addressing are the WR corp, DT/DE depth next to Wilfork and Jones (Love and Ninko are nice, but they aren't game changers), Cornerback if Dennard goes to jail, and OL.

QB Position is perfect, the RB group is very very promising (Vereen > Woodhead), they have the best TE group in the league. DL depth is generally sound, just need another player or 2, LB corp is solid, and the Secondary is improving.

I'm very content so far.

I am not a Kool Aid drinker but as I see it with Gronkowski and Hernandez 100% and most importantly a Chandler Jones healthy and with an entire off season of upper body work/conditioning I am excited. So much time until the season starts, we will fill in some holes no doubt.

I am not a Kool Aid drinker but as I see it with Gronkowski and Hernandez 100% and most importantly a Chandler Jones healthy and with an entire off season of upper body work/conditioning I am excited. So much time until the season starts, we will fill in some holes no doubt.

hell gronk in 11 games last year had 10 TDs and 750 yards receiving...beast mode again going for records until he got hurt...again. hernandez is good for another 7 Tds

I agree with you regarding the DEFENSE. We've essentially added Fletcher, Dowling, Pryor, Armstead, Benard, and Wilson. We expect to have more games from Talib and Jones this year. Belichick is out looking for a pass-rushing DE and a backup NT/DT. We will likely bring in the usual cast of defensive back competition for camp. We are also likely to draft a defensive player in the first couple of rounds. Finally, the kids will be learning and be much more experienced. This DEFENSE was #10 in points last year; it figures to be better this year.

We had a top OFFENSE. As of now, we don't have Welker, Lloyd, Branch, Edelman, Woodhead, Vollmer and Thomas. All, except Branch, were significant contributors last year. I am underwhelmed with Amendola, Jones, Svitek and Washington compared to what we had.
So, I would say that we have the main pieces back on OFFENSE.

Yes, I would feel lots better if took care of business and signed a pass-rusher, Edelman, Lloyd and Vollmer.

They are the same if not better on D. On O they have the WR situation..other than that they still have all the main pieces

Last year at this time, they didn't have Hightower, Dennard, Jones, Talib, A Wilson or T. Wilson - all six seem to be pretty clear upgrades over the players they replaced.

The offense isn't complete yet, particularly the receiving corps, but let's please not pretend that the Pats had an elite receiving corps outside the tight ends last year. Welker's great - not good, but great - but Lloyd is replaceable (and will very possibly be back), and Branch was simply done. Edelman couldn't stay on the field, though he's got a ton of potential.

Danny Amendola's got a ton of potential, too - more than JE. And Jones is better than Branch. And don't tell anyone, but we've got a third top-tier tight end in Ballard.

There's no way the Patriots in March of last year were stronger on paper than they are right now. I don't even think it's close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST