PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hue Jackson: "You must allow Ocho to be himself to get the most out of him"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hue Jackson has accomplished nothing that would remotely lead anyone but Al to believe he's a HC candidate... He couldn't even stick as a coordinator in most of his stops... For a guy like that to publicly second guess the way a HOF HC is handling one of his former players (with whom he never won a damn thing) is assinine.

Hue Jackson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where did he second guess anyone? Anyone can plainly see Chad is not having fun and if Chad isn't having fun then hes not going to produce, that's just who he is. He was clearly asked what he would do to get Chad going was he not?

I don't think there is anyone who is going to second guess BB!

Last edited:
Hue Jackson has accomplished nothing that would remotely lead anyone but Al to believe he's a HC candidate... He couldn't even stick as a coordinator in most of his stops... For a guy like that to publicly second guess the way a HOF HC is handling one of his former players (with whom he never won a damn thing) is assinine.

Hue Jackson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We clearly disagree. In the conference call he was asked about Chad and gave his answer. BB is not infallible. I'm not saying that BB has handled the situation poorly, I'm just stating that he can and does make mistakes.

As for his coaching ability, as OC for the Raiders last year they finished 6th in scoring and 10th in total offense. In 2009, prior to his arrival, OAk was 31st in passing and their total offense ranked 29th. At CIN as WR's coach, they had one of the most dynamic and prolific WR duo's in history.

Prior to that he was with Baltimore as QB's coach. His first year as QB's coach Flacco became the first rookie QB to win two playoff games. He was previously the OC of the Falcons and at USC and CAL. It might be just me, but I think he's had a pretty good coaching career and background.

So you think that Hue Jackson is correct in saying the Patriots would be better off adapting their offense to fit Ochocinco?

Great. Then the team could have the kind of success that Hue Jackson enjoyed with guys like Tom Cable, Steve Spurrier, Bobby Petrino, Marvin Lewis or the Broncos favorite punching bag Marty "Please,Please, Please, Don't Lose the Game!" Schottenheimer? All of these guys were out of their league as head coaches in the NFL. Marvin Lewis is running Animal House in Cincinnati and the best of the bunch, Marty Schottenheimer, was a solid regular season coach but shrunk as a head coach in every big game he ever coached - 5-13 in the playoffs.

Hue Jackson has not earned the right to suggest to Bill Belichick how he uses any of his players.

As you've asked, I think we shouldn't have made the trade. Please see my previous post in this thread. Jackson was asked a question, and he answered. I do think there's something to Ochocinco loosing his confidence and playing better as free spirit as Jackson stated. I didn't take it as he was telling BB what to do. He was speaking about his own personal experience with the player.

As you've asked, I think we shouldn't have made the trade. Please see my previous post in this thread. Jackson was asked a question, and he answered. I do think there's something to Ochocinco loosing his confidence and playing better as free spirit as Jackson stated. I didn't take it as he was telling BB what to do. He was speaking about his own personal experience with the player.

Hue Jackson's credentials are pretty good. Nevertheless, he really out to clam up when asked about another team's player.

Belichick's answer would have been something like' "He's a good player. Plays hard. He is someone we have to prepare for. He's done some nice things in that offense. We have to be ready to play on Sunday. It takes offense, defense, special teams. He's a good player."

Oh, you said in your previous post that Bill Belichick is not infallible. Are you sure?

Last edited:
Belichick's answer would have been something like' "He's a good player. Plays hard. He is someone we have to prepare for. He's done some nice things in that offense. We have to be ready to play on Sunday. It takes offense, defense, special teams. He's a good player."

Well, I want no one else as Coach of NE, but saying everyone else should say exactly the same as him, well, it's wrong.

Where did he second guess anyone? Anyone can plainly see Chad is not having fun and if Chad isn't having fun then hes not going to produce, that's just who he is. He was clearly asked what he would do to get Chad going was he not?

I don't think there is anyone who is going to second guess BB!

Its plain that he isn't having fun? How? Was it all those tweets about being in heaven and how awestruck he was to be in this offense? Where is this stuff coming from?

Where is it written that Ocho not tweeting and Ocho being happy are mutually exclusive. Twitter didn't even exist when Jackman was coaching him.

Hue Jackson's credentials are pretty good. Nevertheless, he really out to clam up when asked about another team's player.

Oh, you said in your previous post that Bill Belichick is not infallible. Are you sure?

I much prefer BB's approach to answering these questions. It more my style and personality.

Ocho Cinko has already show what he's all about, a jackass who's into self-promotion and can't learn the Pats offensive scheme. He stunk the joint out with his two bonors last week and the pass drop was inexcusable. Get him out of town.

Hue Jackson can now go back to focusing only on his team following the defeat the Patriots. He has the benefit of doing his job without Al Davis looking over his shoulder any more and he can use Al's mid-season shuffle off the mortal coil as a motivator.

Ochocinco had three catches - one called back and looked like the disappointment we feared he might be.

The Patriots defeating the Raiders in the AFC West is a meaningless loss since the Patriots will hand every team in that division one loss. The two toughest AFC West teams are behind the Patriots with only Denver and the Chiefs left.

Oddly, the Chiefs in week 11 kick off a string of six games the Patriots should be heavily favored to win. The only big one is Philadelphia and they look like a team about to implode with no leadership on the field. Otherwise, until Buffalo in Week 17, there's a run of seriously flawed teams with the Colts game once a circle your calendar game now a shell of its former self.

85 is getter better every week. This week or next time I expect a breakout of sorts. That drop was proof he's past the last hurdle (unfortunately he drops a pretty high % of passes, so we might see more of those). Here is my view of his evolution 2011. Arrives in NE. He had his initial twitter fest (hey, he was excited), but quickly put his phone down and bought into the system. He's no longer amazed by the offense (probably underestimated the complexity. I mean how could he know? Never even seen such a thing his whole career), hit the books and finally understands the system. Now it seems he is adjusting the routes correctly. Seems to be getting more separation. And now, finally, getting open. Problem was, he was just so damn excited with himself, he dropped the ball, which of course set him back a week and a half in the old noggin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft