PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How the hell did Josh Brown only get 1 game for domestic violence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jackson 2 - I'm not doubting you, but was there evidence that some of the physical evidence was destroyed or hidden? I just don't know much about the case and don't want to call somebody a pedophile without hearing about that.

I just can't get behind this conspiracy theory aspect, at all. The math doesn't pan out for me. This isn't a QB this is a kicker for a team in a blue state.

Do you really thing Mara called Roger and was like "Yo, I know we just had a problem with Rice pulling a Mike Tyson's punch out on his wife but go easy on my kicker, ok?" and Roger being like "NO PROBLEM!"

Domestic abuse stuff makes the league look bad. I just can't wrap my head around any of this.

They just got away with the biggest frame/screw job against the greatest QB and you are having trouble getting behind this idea?

Also don't look at it as Mara calling ****dell, look at as ****dell doing his part to help his buddy.

Because the public doesn't really care. this story is now on the front page of ESPN, just wait and see if it blows up. If it does, he will be suspended indefinitely, and Goodell will claim that he was misled somehow, and that will be that.

I am pretty much certain that nobody at NFL headquarters actually gives a **** about domestic violence. They just know the public does.

So weird how the NFL could go and make numerous requests for info and end up with nothing, yet this random guy made one request and got all the info the NFL said it couldn't.

It's almost like the NFL is full of **** and lying to the public again.

Because the public doesn't really care. this story is now on the front page of ESPN, just wait and see if it blows up. If it does, he will be suspended indefinitely, and Goodell will claim that he was misled somehow, and that will be that.

I am pretty much certain that nobody at NFL headquarters actually gives a **** about domestic violence. They just know the public does.

I'd like someone to ask Goodell: "Was Brown cooperative in turning over his cell phone?"

Last edited:
@AndyJohnson - Looking at his track record, I don't think Roger G is an idiot, but I can agree the guy picks favorites when he sees fit. Though, that's not exclusive to the NFL and is seen in other promotions and careers (WWE is a great example of this).

I heard a rumor that Roger is seen going into his office everyday wearing a Tom Brady jersey and tissues in hand. The rumor goes as far as people hearing moaning coming from his office and him saying: "I beat you Brady!!!" Then five minutes later the guy "forgets" about another report on some other player's wrong doing.
I think everything about his track record does say he's an idiot. What examples of his behavior stacks up on the not an idiot side?

So weird how the NFL could go and make numerous requests for info and end up with nothing, yet this random guy made one request and got all the info the NFL said it couldn't.

It's almost like the NFL is full of **** and lying to the public again.

way off topic...I don't know HOW you keep that guy as your profile picture. I would have puked myself into the hospital

Exactly. The Ray Rice video didn't "change everything," the reaction to the video did. I'll go to my grave knowing that if the video had come out and the public response was "Eh. Old news. We already knew he hit her," Rice would have missed two games. No one will ever convince me otherwise.

They just got away with the biggest frame/screw job against the greatest QB and you are having trouble getting behind this idea?

I do, because at least you can see how they wouldn't have to worry about public backlash because everyone hates the Pats and Brady.

Going light on another domestic abuser is a no-win scenario even if that person was a big star let alone a goddamn kicker.

@Fixit - Thanks!

@AndyJohnson - I just don't think being bias and a piece of scummy turd means he's a moron. Don't think I'm siding with Roger G or anything because I'm on your and Brady's side, I just "think" he's corrupt and is laughing his way to the bank.
He publicly apologized for ray rice after being massacred in the press then he does this.
He held his sport hostage chasing windmills for a year and a half so he could humiliate the GOAT of his league for doing nothing.
He had screwed up the concussion issue, enacted many stood knee jerk rules and can't come close to consistency in punishment.

Please give me any reasons you have to believe he isn't an idiot.

He publicly apologized for ray rice after being massacred in the press then he does this.
He held his sport hostage chasing windmills for a year and a half so he could humiliate the GOAT of his league for doing nothing.
He had screwed up the concussion issue, enacted many stood knee jerk rules and can't come close to consistency in punishment.

Please give me any reasons you have to believe he isn't an idiot.
Good post. A person can seem thoughtful, express himself articulately and still be an idiot in his decision making.

God, I hope Roger gets fired soon, I am sick and tired of this joker. He is annoying me to the point that I am going to buy a voodoo doll!

It's quite simple. Fraudger does whatever he wants, whenever he wants. Even when there is some sort of outcry, he is never held accountable, by anyone. Kraft and the rest will rush in to defend him and hug it out, no matter what he does. The fans will still show up at the stadium and turn on the TV no matter what he does. All he has to do is keep the right owners happy. Clearly Mara is one of the owners he services on a regular basis.

And the American judicial system has now codified his right to do whatever he wants into law.

@AndyJohnson - Maybe I took what you said the wrong way? When I hear moron, I think dumb or not very smart. I do think the guy has made mistakes and like I said, I am on your side and his treatment of Brady. No, the entire idea of integrity was shameful and corrupt. Though, being corrupt and making mistakes doesn't make one dumb in that sense.

Also, you want me to offer proof to defend Roger? Now, that's asking the impossible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes